Ren'Py The Library Story [v0.97.5.5] [Latissa & Xaljio]

2.50 star(s) 29 Votes

NetZero

Aug 9, 2016
I love this game but have never been successful with Belle. Are you somehow supposed to activate her by just letting her pick her own books and not doing anything while she is there? Or is there another way to raise faction with her?
it's a bit of a pain the ass without cheating. Everything does move up but it's not well balanced at all. You need to raise your hunting skill in order to mess with her while she is looking for a book. the more you do to her while she is looking for a book, the more points you get. as far as affection... that is one I have never figured out. Not even sure if getting to go up is implemented into the game yet. Never seems to move regardless. You can only send her presents when you fuck up and that doesn't raise it more then it falls when you fuck up. So yeah just cheat. Wait for the game to be finished maybe he plans on adding some ways to improve your relationship with her further down the line.

Reactions: Rastafoo

Corball

Nov 23, 2016
It is honestly in my top 3 games and I didn't even know she was an accessible character until I extracted all the images to see if I did everything. I really enjoyed the thief story line or killing beast and unlike the witch trainer game you don't have to go through 60 days before it starts.
How did you extract the images from those type of files?

Crescens

Aug 19, 2016
I use a program called MultiExtractor. It is shareware but it has never expired and if it did you could just reinstall it.

Reactions: Cirro84

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I use a program called MultiExtractor. It is shareware but it has never expired and if it did you could just reinstall it.
similarly to Winrar by the sounds of it. The damn thing always says my trial is over and asks me to pay for it but I just close that and continue on with whatever I was doing.

ikaruga

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
New comment from Larissa patreon about : The tavern, and someday, thieves guild missions ...

It's me or it's a nearly abandonned game ?

Crescens

Aug 19, 2016
New comment from Larissa patreon about : The tavern, and someday, thieves guild missions ...

It's me or it's a nearly abandonned game ?
Feb 21st he posted about announcing version .9

D2K

Donor
Aug 18, 2016
it's not abandoned but they're reallllly slow developers. like from the one before to the .82 version. took months and the updates were pretty small imo. added pretty much only a few bits of the new character.

ikaruga

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
it's not abandoned but they're reallllly slow developers. like from the one before to the .82 version. took months and the updates were pretty small imo. added pretty much only a few bits of the new character.
That's my point, sorry for misunderstanding.
The 0.4 version were the one when i started the game and i was really enthousiastic
Then 0.6 : yeah, new content... Nope, only dead ends
0.82 !! Damn maybe another level and new scenes... Almost nope

Then.... Waiting, going to other games, Bell is a beauty who shades slowly.....

ikaruga

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
Patreon Update 1 hour ago :

TLDR :
Release date of 'The Library Story' ver 0.9:
For $5+ Patrons: July 20, 2017
General release: July 28, 2017

Reactions: ILikeSkyrimALot

ikaruga

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
P.S. All winners of our New Year Lottery are sent a link to the special exclusive version of the art for announcement ;)

=> We got patrons here for this game ?

Morgue

Aug 9, 2016
ikaruga
I use to be a Patreon for this game... When he left the game or not updated for a few months I stopped...

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
This game is made by people who work with Akubar or something another and they have the same work ethic as he does. Milk it while they can.

ikaruga

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
I agree with Bob123 about akabur, who says on his patreon page that he does not care about money and ask to give to other instead of him.

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
the game take forever and he does do patron limited releases for a short duration before the game becomes free.

Aug 5, 2016
Only Xaljio worked with Akabur, I think.
And while we are on the topic, I would like to defend Akabur. The dude work slow as shit, it's true, but every one of his games is free and he does his own writing and art. Sincerely, it's good work ethic, he says upfront his work will be ready when it's ready, and he does not keep milking never delivering. I like his games, but if he worked faster, he would be my favorite author.

Reactions: Archast

seyfer110

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
July...? 8-9 months for an update? Is it a late coming april's fool? -.-'

2.50 star(s) 29 Votes