Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
What about when you buy things that you shouldnt with Pron? I remember some checks that makes the game harder or gives you less bonuses if your level is too high for example
the only case i think is vinario deal. but it isn't a real anti cheat measure. it' sjust better reward for lower price. simply the highest price are not legit obtainable, but it's a scale, you can be hit by a nasty chunck of rp loss even with a full legit buy

fenyx

Jun 16, 2017
the only case i think is vinario deal. but it isn't a real anti cheat measure. it' sjust better reward for lower price. simply the highest price are not legit obtainable, but it's a scale, you can be hit by a nasty chunck of rp loss even with a full legit buy
I remember at least 3/5 times. I might be misremembering it. How about the check on Hilstara`s level? mostly when Simon`s level is checked tho , the labyrinth from the Anak maybe?

Goi

Nov 18, 2017
Yeah there are are a few level checks as well as a basic SX check but the main you can't is for buying stuff with Pron is lol you can't actually have that much money for this investment but if you want to buy every legit investment then you can.

but the level check is always oh your level id beyond this point then no points from level towards this check for you(though later levels don't really effect combat at all because the stats you get from levels is basically nothing), the only thing is don't super buff magic or at least be ready to Debuff Simon magic because there is a soft anti cheat(pretty sure not meant for that) thing in the third war where you have to hit a succubus with his magic dominate skill and if you beat them normally you don't get the bonus so if magic is too high you beat the succubus normally without registering you used the correct method. aka same with most cases where if you just end the fight to fast you don't get the bonus

one of the times Simon is level check there doesn't seem to even be a punishment from too high a level on that one

Reactions: JungleNuts

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
I remember at least 3/5 times. I might be misremembering it. How about the check on Hilstara`s level? mostly when Simon`s level is checked tho , the labyrinth from the Anak maybe?
hilstara level is never checked. the only meangiful level check for non simon character is robin
(there is a level check for nalili to unlock the tag match at the fighting ring)

BlueTemplar85

Apr 2, 2024
I don't really need the full final release, I'm just hoping to play a version with endings. Do you reckon that'll be sooner?
Having recently played and "finished" it (the free = stable version) for the first time, IMHO the game is in a great state right now because the now fully finished "penultimate crisis" also ties up a LOT of LONG-standing threads.

Personally, hidden stats and mechanics never did anything for me. Realistically I only see 2 logical reasons for it:

1. "muh immersion" for the fabled blind player who enjoys playing 50+ hours long RPGmaker games and that both hates ever seeing "the actual numbers" and also won't get upset for all the bad results of getting tripped on any of the many invisible variables and their obscure causality.

2. An "elegant" concession to the challenge of creating a complex RPG game while also presenting all the necessary information in a cohesive way that doesn't overwhelm the player: "I won't even try to give you the necessary information lol. Have fun reading the wiki once someone makes that".

For the first, I really don't think it is a real thing. I don't think that type of player exists, or at least they aren't the audience that reliably consumes this genre of videogames. From what I see, usually all the invisible variables do is get the average blind player confused by the time shit hits the fan, they then get in touch with the game's online community, get upset once they find out they sunk hours into a playthrough that never had any chance, then they either quit because they don't want to deal with that or begrudgingly restart the game with a guide in hand.

For the second, while I was a bit sardonic about it, I do kind of respect it. A dev working pretty much solo can't tackle all the big challenges of game design, but that should never be the reason to stop them from trying to make the type of game they want to make, so you make concessions where you need to make them. But concessions shouldn't be lauded as "intended" design choices or any kind of artistic statement, imo. The game needing to have a community-made guide to be "wholly completable" is not a credit to the dev.

I won't dismiss the idea that maybe there are some people that enjoy looking up information on guides as part of the experience of playing an RPG, partially as a nostalgia thing, but I can't understand how looking things up on external sources would be preferable over being able to find the necessary information within the game itself.

Lastly, I would argue there could be another less savory explanation. The complexity and obscurity of the variables at play in TLS basically forces a considerable amount of replaying the game, which is a way (even if one borne from frustration) of maintaining player engagement during the long patreon-style development of the game. In a sense, the choice of making the game invite failure upon a new player in ways they cannot overcome without community resources, it might make the "final product" less appealing to some people, but it generally does a better job of being a "patreon-game" product.
Uh, please don't tell me that I don't exist, thanks. (Or even that I wouldn't be interested - this is now the best RPG ever in my book !)

(Though partially this is because I did NOT expect THIS kind of length and scale, even despite having been warned about it, especially having been recommended it by a fellow "The Erogamer" by Groon The Walker reader. See also : a bunch of reviews not expecting it either.)

Also I'm well aware of how looking behind the curtains IS going to dispel the magic, especially for a plot-heavy RPG game.

My main frustration (and when I started looking up things outside the game) actually came from too much information : I would have been blissfully happy not knowing that I was missing a potential fighter if the Harem screen wasn't showing the ????? where that early elf should have been !

OtoH, it made me not culpabilize too much when I decided to cheat (the first and only time) in combat (temporarily giving one of my fighters extra magic attack) vs the Divine Claw twins, realizing (thanks to some recent hints from the game) that I was indeed missing one for this fight. (And I think I could have managed without it, by restarting until the first strikes fell just right, but I was too impatient to continue with the story.)

I'm not sure why you insist so much on having to "fully complete" the game either..? I'm quite happy with trading that (and even considering how you can only be surprised by most story twists once) with the feeling that my not always best choices had consequences - and the reason this works so much is because it's LONG, and you see them play out.

Last edited:

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Uh, please don't tell me that I don't exist, thanks. (Or even that I wouldn't be interested - this is now the best RPG ever in my book !)

(Though partially this is because I did NOT expect THIS kind of length and scale, even despite having been warned about it, especially having been recommended it by a fellow "The Erogamer" by Groon The Walker reader. See also : a bunch of reviews not expecting it either.)

Also I'm well aware of how looking behind the curtains IS going to dispel the magic, especially for a plot-heavy RPG game.

My main frustration (and when I started looking up things outside the game) actually came from too much information : I would have been blissfully happy not knowing that I was missing a potential fighter if the Harem screen wasn't showing the ????? where that early elf should have been !

OtoH, it made me not culpabilize too much when I decided to cheat (the first and only time) in combat (temporarily giving one of my fighters extra magic attack) vs the Divine Claw twins, realizing (thanks to some recent hints from the game) that I was indeed missing one for this fight. (And I think I could have managed without it, by restarting until the first strikes fell just right, but I was too impatient to continue with the story.)

I'm not sure why you insist so much on having to "fully complete" the game either..? I'm quite happy with trading that (and even considering how you can only be surprised by most story twists once) with the feeling that my not always best choices had consequences - and the reason this works so much is because it's LONG, and you see them play out.
Haha, okay then, I was wrong.

But to be fair, from what I have seen, you're still a rare breed of player (or at the very least other people that play the game like you don't tend to post much in public forums). Glad you enjoyed the game blindly for the way the secret variables were designed, rather than in spite of them.
To respond specifically to that last paragraph, I don't insist on having to fully complete the game in a single playthrough, I just point out that it really cannot be done in a single playthrough (or even within a reasonable number of playthroughs) without the use of external resources, nor is the player hinted at the fact this is the kind of game where they might want to lean on the help of a guide until they are in the thick of it.

Most people generally do want to have the goal of completing a game when they start it. The main reason why some people prefer to be able to do it in a single playthrough for long games is due to the time investment, but also related to what you said regarding "how you can only be surprised by most story twists once".

Unless the gameplay is really engaging (which is not really the case with TLS, seeing as it has pretty straightforward retro rpg gameplay), further playthroughs where you are just replaying the game are not as exciting. Because of that, some people prefer to be able to have a single "golden" run for long games where they do things as well as they possibly can, that way they can have the "best" experience enjoying the story for the first time and getting the "best" ending and results on all quests and story threads all in one go.

I personally think TLS is worth at least 2 playthroughs, a first one blind and a second one with a guide (the first one doesn't need to necessarily go all the way to the end of the game), but that's mostly because the story has enough depth that you can genuinely pick up on a lot of interesting details in a second playthrough.

But I still don't think it is a plus for the game to be rather misleading to players who would prefer to only do a single playthrough (by not showing and barely hinting at the existence of complex hidden variables with major story impact), or to be borderline impossible to "fully complete" for players that wanted to figure stuff out on their own (you 100% would need to at least look at the code for a long while to understand all the variables at play, if you didn't want a guide outright spelling all the correct steps to you).

Jan 24, 2021
I never understand why devs implement anti-cheats in singleplayer games. Just let the player play how they want.
I don't recall it being much of an issue with this game but there are a few cheat detections.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There are probably others but it's mostly game balancing things as there is an intention to play the game, make tough decisions, and see the world either rise to glory or burn to ashes. The game doesn't really punish cheating much with the worst thing being you could miss out on completing the Incubus King equipment set.

Dec 24, 2019
What's the dynamic of the MC with his harem? I've heard it's a lot sappy romantic stuff where the MC is a big teddy bear who can do no wrong type of character? Is this true? I prefer harem MC type characters to have a little more edge.

Jennnnnyyyyy

Feb 21, 2018
What's the dynamic of the MC with his harem? I've heard it's a lot sappy romantic stuff where the MC is a big teddy bear who can do no wrong type of character? Is this true? I prefer harem MC type characters to have a little more edge.
Simon is written to be a loving character (he can do some fucked up shit like letting one of his "potential" harem members be raped and then he can just wipe her whole brain clean and make her into a "mindless cockslave" or something like that)

It is a bit sappy in it's right but it seems to work well for how it is written (would be funnier if he could ease into being "more evil" for some roleplay or sum shit but dat wont happen from the looks of it)
He can be an ass to Trin and their dynamic can be "she is a useful slut" or can be "I love her" (you get asked this specific question later on in the game or a similar one)

If you want a harem where the girls/boys are used and whatnot then this may just not be the best candidate for ya (harem collector would fit the theme more as the name suggests, idk any other harem games srry)

Yarra would not mind Simon being more "rough" nor would Riala from the looks of it (iykyk)

Jennnnnyyyyy

Feb 21, 2018
Unable to see most of the npcs and all the enemy/monster
Likely that some files were corrupted/missing, it also looks like you are on mobile so i got no fucking clue what would cause that (i really dont know shit about phones or games on phones, nor do i know how tf ppl emulate shit on phones, magic to me)

Maybe.... the emulator cannot get to the files as they are in a restricted folder or sum shit? Similar to how windows works when you put files into a "admin" folder and then game goes ham and complains about shit and permissions and ye.

Best advice i can give ya is "put stuff into download folder and hope for the best" (you may try unpacking the game on a pc/laptop/idfk samsung fridge and then transferring those unpacked files on da phone)

• Haha
Reactions: Shaun@121

Shaun@121

Aug 11, 2021
Likely that some files were corrupted/missing, it also looks like you are on mobile so i got no fucking clue what would cause that (i really dont know shit about phones or games on phones, nor do i know how tf ppl emulate shit on phones, magic to me)

Maybe.... the emulator cannot get to the files as they are in a restricted folder or sum shit? Similar to how windows works when you put files into a "admin" folder and then game goes ham and complains about shit and permissions and ye.

Best advice i can give ya is "put stuff into download folder and hope for the best" (you may try unpacking the game on a pc/laptop/idfk samsung fridge and then transferring those unpacked files on da phone)
Well i played it in mobile with using joiplay a year ago and it worked fine
Well i just tried the file with rtp (size917 mb)linked in op is working perfectly
Thanks for the reply and sorry to bother u :giggle:

Last edited:

spoonfig

Feb 25, 2019
replaying for a 2nd time. anyone else feel that the most memorable npc was the blacksmith's child? lol

zoyle

Jan 23, 2019
hilstara level is never checked. the only meangiful level check for non simon character is robin
(there is a level check for nalili to unlock the tag match at the fighting ring)
Apropos of nothing, as I return to play this again I wish to say thanks, Fulminato, for continuing to maintain your excellent tool.

This game is so consistently good it is almost unfortunate it is such a big time commitment that I can return to it so infrequently; I kind of expect this will be the last time I try and play it from scratch again before it's actually finished.

spoonfig

Feb 25, 2019
Apropos of nothing, as I return to play this again I wish to say thanks, Fulminato, for continuing to maintain your excellent tool.

This game is so consistently good it is almost unfortunate it is such a big time commitment that I can return to it so infrequently; I kind of expect this will be the last time I try and play it from scratch again before it's actually finished.
I was unaware of that tool. I have been using Thosha's walkthrough for the most part throughout the game. A pin on the main post would be most helpful for newcomers!
EDIT: for peeps too uninterested to brows all 400+ forum pages for any info (or using the search bar)

• Red Heart

Xenoxblades

Oct 5, 2021
Guys it's been a while since I last played this. Is the game complete, as in, I can progress story and reach an ending (or multiple)? Thank you

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Guys it's been a while since I last played this. Is the game complete, as in, I can progress story and reach an ending (or multiple)? Thank you
the next update should add the ending. there is some other content pending (for example optional high difficult endgame dungeon)

I think it should be finished in a few more updates. Unless the author throws in a curve ball lol.
after ten years sticking with the story made before start the developing i think the dev had earned some good faith about that

4.40 star(s) 174 Votes