-KC-

got land?
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2019
I really liked this game then it turned into something else...
I felt like I was just about to throw it into the Elven Queen, the Elven Princess and the Centaur babe then all of a sudden I got a start over with a sandbox full of catshit...
Not impressed!

Furthermore, why can't I get "Gold" off the screens?

1570610463783.png

Reactions: XbfgX

ttss

Feb 28, 2018
What version do you have? This is latest public version

If you still have questions, , Sept 1 has a link for a walkthrough.

did not go beyond day 3

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Okay, here's my two cents.

This isn't working very well.
The map shows places where nothing goes, you can get content that is seemingly out of order, you have no way of knowing whether you actually got everything.

This needs a working hint system and there should be some way to prevent you to see content that makes no sense.
I'm guessing fe. I was supposed to see Francine and Amalia together far later than I did and what was with all these women just appearing?
I'm pretty sure I didn't get all content that the ren'py version initially had before leaving for the elven kingdom.

This might work, but right now it's not really fun to play.
I completely agree, especially with the "content that is seemingly out of order" part. In fact, while not out of order per se, I ran into a snag when doing the quest to rescue the hostages. We're supposed to choose which plan to use: talk to Arella for a full-frontal assault, or talk to Aegidius instead for a 10% pmt + sniper to incentivize approach. In the last version of the game, I used the second, so I chose to do so again.

I can talk to Aegidius just fine, but I can't seem to progress further. Talk to the king = "Don't bother me"; try the "Leave" highlighted map area = I can't leave yet; try the "Path" map area = advance the storyline; etc. If I talk to Arella after Aegidius, you end up going with an all-out assault anyway, despite having first approached Aegidius. I guess we need to wait for further development to see whether this gets worked out.

I Steal Your Cats
Donor
Oct 4, 2017
I completely agree, especially with the "content that is seemingly out of order" part. In fact, while not out of order per se, I ran into a snag when doing the quest to rescue the hostages. We're supposed to choose which plan to use: talk to Arella for a full-frontal assault, or talk to Aegidius instead for a 10% pmt + sniper to incentivize approach. In the last version of the game, I used the second, so I chose to do so again.

I can talk to Aegidius just fine, but I can't seem to progress further. Talk to the king = "Don't bother me"; try the "Leave" highlighted map area = I can't leave yet; try the "Path" map area = advance the storyline; etc. If I talk to Arella after Aegidius, you end up going with an all-out assault anyway, despite having first approached Aegidius. I guess we need to wait for further development to see whether this gets worked out.
Top left of Map says Bandit Camp. Click there.

As for everything else people have said:

1.The map system is in Alpha some kinks are expected. All issues raised here have gone on my "to do" list.

2. Someone said that not everyone likes sand boxbased games, which I understand. so I will be making an additional release of how it was previously for those people.

3. At the start of the game make sure you click the Castle gates to meet the Guard who asks: "Who are you?"(Kind of says it at the start) otherwise every other area wont work as you havent entered a name.

4. I can't think of anything else. Peace. :cool:

sergesan

Aug 3, 2018
which update is the last - i got one 4-5 days ago called .10 . and now its 0.7.5 ??

Lksnip

Sep 16, 2017
Here's my compressed version.

The Kingdom [v0.7.5] [Obsidu] - Original Size: 1.85 GB

Download Win (174 MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
need help, day 9 when watching elven queen and elven elder discussion about mc, the game stop to main menu

Nellyg

Oct 27, 2018
Ok, my experience:
I spoke with Antonius and Arella and we decided to negotiate, I negotiated with an arrow through the head and won. never met the Princess (who next day was affected by our meeting that we never had)
Then I went exploring and met, Arella and told her to assemble the guard (WTF now the hostages died) Wheel back,wheel back.
Went to bed and Francine woke to thank me for not telling on her and someone (woman I presume) doing dirty dirty things
I never saw the dirty thing they were doing but she done a strip for me anyway (Yipee). Yipee my arse, it was so fast I got a squint.
Now I know this seems negative, BUT
The story is good. The art is fabulous and I'm actually enjoying the game it just needs to be tied up a bit tighter.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Fraekke

Apr 8, 2018
need help, day 9 when watching elven queen and elven elder discussion about mc, the game stop to main menu
I got the same, and I haven't played the game before 0.7.5 at all. Any fixes? anyone know what causes it? I'm trying to play on, just not exploring the elder house, will see if it fixes itself at a later game day.

RobNorthman

Jun 20, 2017
2. Someone said that not everyone likes sand boxbased games, which I understand. so I will be making an additional release of how it was previously for those people.
I much preferred the old one so looking forward to that.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
OK, so where exactly are things with this game these days? I haven't heard anything for forever on F95, and on Patreon it sounds like the final version of the game will be released, with all 12 chapters, and shortly after a VN version (so no sandbox). This game has changed directions so many times I'm not sure what to expect anymore....

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Well .. April was just a tease of a demo for the unsuspecting patrons ... guess how funny that mnust have been
considering the announcement in the OP ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Apr 28 at 2:16pm

Demo Release of The Kingdom
This game has changed directions
Some more bait and swich tactics from dev ...
During the Demo release it will be limited to roughly 3 days of gameplay.
This is roughly 30 minutes of content if you read it. Probably 10 if you skip your way through.

Sandbox :
- All 12 Chapters, written by Mac.
- 3 possible endings.
- World map so that you can jump between kingdoms.
- Quest table for side quests and certain main events.
- Stats that will impact the story and your ability to do certain things.
Plus loads more!

Some sort of roadd map 4 you :

Visual Novel version for people that hate sandbox will most likely be release at the end of May with a demo out in April.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Marty McLean

May 13, 2018
Seems the demo was released in April, but then they might be working on a new game called Revelations.
Obsidu is putting the final touches on a Full Release of The Kingdom while we hammer out our next offering. The reason for the delay was illness on both of our parts.