• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py The Interim Domain [v0.24.0] [ILSProductions]

3.80 star(s) 38 Votes

Crese1967895

Mar 10, 2020
Ye, some of them are starting to drag out a bit too long... I've been worried about that for some time, because N&T had that issue, but hopefully the dev won't linger on longer than necessary this time (y)
N&T didn't really carry on as much in my opinion. The plot felt like it was always moving forwards. This game feels like I'm playing 7 different stories all at once, and if I neglect any of those stories shit will go haywire. So I'm hopping from one girl to the next and it doesn't feel like any progress is being made you know?

Still a good game, but it's like Mass Effect 1 and it's 20000 side quests, you get something done and something else pops up that you need to do.

EDIT: And FUCK the Ur-Entede by the way, bunch of shit bags

Last edited:

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
I gave up on N&T when our crew decided to act like bandits. I get the reasonin, but I didn't like it, so I dropped it.

Crese1967895

Mar 10, 2020
I gave up on N&T when our crew decided to act like bandits. I get the reasonin, but I didn't like it, so I dropped it.
It's not like you rape and kill Hana, you just lock her in her room until you can come to a truce. And be honest, if someone threatened to kill your loved ones and then was going to leave that loved one to basically die if they couldn't find shelter in time you wouldn't be mad? Even if irrational, they had good reasons to do so.

And a bandit would've, again, attacked and raped Hana and not just lock her in a room until she's reasonable. It's immoral for sure, but so is leaving a group of 4 outside in a hurricane to die. I understand where you're coming from though, because it did feel wrong (The MC made sure to imprint in the girls minds that they were in the wrong, he wasn't proud of it, atleast depending on your choices).

Regardless, I'd highly reccommend you try to move past that, you get plenty of oppurtunities to make it up to Hana (In more ways then one ;)). That's really the only incident of them doing something like that, so it's not a re-occuring thing.

Only thing I didn't like was the carelessness of the crew, the only reason they had a bandit attack in the school was because they for some reason wanted to be on the roof. Didn't like the MC's reasoning of people not taking residence in a skyscraper either, because it's actually a decent idea. If you're near the top there's a slim chance you'd run into zombos (From outside) and etven if they do try coming up the 40 flights of stairs you got a good chokepoint if you aren't a dipshit and bothered to barricade the steps.

That was really the only time they put themselves in such a position, other than this:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
It's not like you rape and kill Hana, you just lock her in her room until you can come to a truce. And be honest, if someone threatened to kill your loved ones and then was going to leave that loved one to basically die if they couldn't find shelter in time you wouldn't be mad? Even if irrational, they had good reasons to do so.

And a bandit would've, again, attacked and raped Hana and not just lock her in a room until she's reasonable. It's immoral for sure, but so is leaving a group of 4 outside in a hurricane to die. I understand where you're coming from though, because it did feel wrong (The MC made sure to imprint in the girls minds that they were in the wrong, he wasn't proud of it, atleast depending on your choices).

Regardless, I'd highly reccommend you try to move past that, you get plenty of oppurtunities to make it up to Hana (In more ways then one ;)). That's really the only incident of them doing something like that, so it's not a re-occuring thing.

Only thing I didn't like was the carelessness of the crew, the only reason they had a bandit attack in the school was because they for some reason wanted to be on the roof. Didn't like the MC's reasoning of people not taking residence in a skyscraper either, because it's actually a decent idea. If you're near the top there's a slim chance you'd run into zombos (From outside) and etven if they do try coming up the 40 flights of stairs you got a good chokepoint if you aren't a dipshit and bothered to barricade the steps.

That was really the only time they put themselves in such a position, other than this:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I get what you're sayin. I do. However, I already tried to restart and every time I get to that scene, I'm done. As for if it was an RL situation, none of us know exactly what we'd do. Personally, I probably would've just shot Hana. Neutralize the threat.

Crese1967895

Mar 10, 2020
Personally, I probably would've just shot Hana. Neutralize the threat.
Then I don't really understand what you're so hung up on, especially if you would've done worse if it were real (I'd honestly probably do the same as you, even though I'd definitely be guilty as fuck after the adrenaline wore off). It is what it is though, different strokes for different folks and all. Have a good one!

Reactions: Cernunnos.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Then I don't really understand what you're so hung up on, especially if you would've done worse if it were real (I'd honestly probably do the same as you, even though I'd definitely be guilty as fuck after the adrenaline wore off). It is what it is though, different strokes for different folks and all. Have a good one!
Because I just felt that a deal was made and everyone should've just accepted it. You're only as good as your word and if you break your word, you're now a piece of shit. The MC could've survived in that shed they had found earlier. But anyway, it is what it it. You too!

Crese1967895

Mar 10, 2020
Because I just felt that a deal was made and everyone should've just accepted it. You're only as good as your word and if you break your word, you're now a piece of shit. The MC could've survived in that shed they had found earlier. But anyway, it is what it it. You too!
" a deal was made and everyone should've just accepted it" That's not the way the world works, it's delusional for anyone to believe, since as we all know, humans are irrational people. Carol was upset that Hana raised a gun at MC and cared more for his safety than she did for honor, so she decided to do what she thought was best.

And that cabin was a long ways out, there was no way he'd of made it back there before the hurricane hit. There was no shelter around besides that residence, and they were banking everything on it being empty. They literally walked for an entire day to reach it. Realistically, there was a 80/20 percent chance (Not in his favor) that he ended up caught in the eye of the storm.

Again, they just walked 15-20 miles to get to Hana's place, with the only break being at the Cabin which was around a half a days away. White Oak (The town nearby) was far out too, and there was no guarantee the resident's wouldn't be a cult or something. Add on the roaming zombies and you've got a hell of a trek to make with a storm incoming fast.

" You're only as good as your word and if you break your word, you're now a piece of shit"
That's some very black and white thinking there, although the MC wasn't planning on going against his word until he had too (Because Carol pulled out the nine). You have to realize that the MC is the only reason Carol and Naiomi are alive, I can't imagine letting someone who's the sole reason for me living (Even moreso in Carols case considering he raised her when no one else would care for her) and who I love potentially sacrifice themself for me. WHich is why she did what she did, even if immoral.

I don't want this to be anything but cordial, so I hope I didn't come off as aggressive or anything, but if I did I apoligize. I tend to get too carried away with disagreements I'm passionate about sometimes. But I do understand where you're coming from, even if I do disagree.

Crese1967895

Mar 10, 2020
This games music is bugged as fuck, the music keeps overlapping over and over until it feels like 5 songs are popping off at once. Gets to ear-rape levels, never turning on music for this game again

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Depends on the threats. If the threats were 100% only the infected, then yes. However there were two things that would never let me go to the top of a tall building. 1) fire suppression, it is very limited, and if someone lit a fire in the building "because some people just want to see the world burn", you are screwed. 2) Water. No electricity, no pumps, no way to get the water to the tanks at the top of the building to get pressure. Thus no water for shower, sinks, etc. You have to carry your water up those 40 flights of stairs. Nope.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Crese1967895

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
If you want to keep discussing Now and Then - likely best to move the conversation to that thread.

I just got to enjoy the MC threesome with Anita and Kara, and it was very well done!

Kara might just be better at pushing the threesomes than Tina or Selene.

Cheers!! :coffee:

erkper

May 16, 2018
If you want to keep discussing Now and Then - likely best to move the conversation to that thread.

I just got to enjoy the MC threesome with Anita and Kara, and it was very well done!

Kara might just be better at pushing the threesomes than Tina or Selene.

Good point about the thread, reading along I forgot this was even not the N&T thread, lol.

And Selene? Am I forgetting someone? Not sure about Kara being better at pushing the 3somes than Tina though. Tina's already brought home Robin, and is pushing Kaitlin. With Tina at the University I could see her landing one of the other college girls somewhere down the line too. Kara is eyeing Marissa, but anyone else will have to be a "out of left field" pull much like Anita was, and of course, they've already done that with Kara and Anita. We'll see. I'm waiting for Roe to want to "experiment" with girls, I bet Tina would be all over that. Or Sammy, if they end up roommates.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
So MC's stepdad was Walt Simonson? And was his mother Louise?
How are there no Thor posters, though?

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Good point about the thread, reading along I forgot this was even not the N&T thread, lol.

And Selene? Am I forgetting someone? Not sure about Kara being better at pushing the 3somes than Tina though. Tina's already brought home Robin, and is pushing Kaitlin. With Tina at the University I could see her landing one of the other college girls somewhere down the line too. Kara is eyeing Marissa, but anyone else will have to be a "out of left field" pull much like Anita was, and of course, they've already done that with Kara and Anita. We'll see. I'm waiting for Roe to want to "experiment" with girls, I bet Tina would be all over that. Or Sammy, if they end up roommates.
I think Tina would be better than Kara if she had time to work on making threesomes happen.

Kara is Dedicated to having fun and threesomes just seem to fit right into her party schedule.

I am looking forward to seeing how Kara pulls off a Marisa threesome - higher degree of difficulty, IMO, than Tina pulling in other college women.

So far, None of the women have met Apollyon. I think Apollyon, who seems open to experience 'being' human, would be interested in sharing the MC with another woman and Kara's adventurous spirit would green light this new experience with Apollyon.

Once Apollyon tried this with the MC and a human woman - my dream threesome would be for Apollyon to take the lead and persuade Mira to 'experience' this unique opportunity at the end of this cycle.

This could be a nice celebration as part of the aftermath of defeating Ifuma.

The MC with two Entendes for the win!! :p

• Love
Reactions: erkper

Crese1967895

Mar 10, 2020
I think Tina would be better than Kara if she had time to work on making threesomes happen.

Kara is Dedicated to having fun and threesomes just seem to fit right into her party schedule.

I am looking forward to seeing how Kara pulls off a Marisa threesome - higher degree of difficulty, IMO, than Tina pulling in other college women.

So far, None of the women have met Apollyon. I think Apollyon, who seems open to experience 'being' human, would be interested in sharing the MC with another woman and Kara's adventurous spirit would green light this new experience with Apollyon.

Once Apollyon tried this with the MC and a human woman - my dream threesome would be for Apollyon to take the lead and persuade Mira to 'experience' this unique opportunity at the end of this cycle.

Polly and Mira would be a good combo for a threesome for sure. I just wish that the Allison persona could be circumvented, I don't care for her that much but Mira is hot. Also, I've noticed that we basically have 3 threesome groups; Kaitlin and Anya, Marissa and Anita, Tina and Robin. Thene there's the other two groups that haven't developed yet (Roe and Sammy, Polly and Mira/Allison) and the wildcard that Kara is.

I wonder what's going to end up happening when they realize they not just sharing between their close knitted group but that the MC has potentially 5 groupings at once. Hopefully we can move the groups along one by one before anyone discovers the others, otherwise there's gonna be trouble

Reactions: PaxHadrian17

erkper

May 16, 2018

Polly and Mira would be a good combo for a threesome for sure. I just wish that the Allison persona could be circumvented, I don't care for her that much but Mira is hot.
Allison seems unrecoverably damaged to me. I think sooner than later MC will find a way to separate her from Mira and send her on. He probably needs this to happen to put some of his own demons to rest as well. Would love to see the Entede-Archon sandwich.

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
I played a bit and well, it seems the MC is some kind of guide for restless spirits, earning qi points by solving other dead people holdups. Now starting to get "girl riddles" that probably lead to hot scenes down the line, but there seems to be no real connection or shared future with them. Basically all just ghosts living in illusions of their former life & held up from moving on, with whom the MC enters some kind of fake relationship (they don't know what you are, that they are dead etc) - i find it very hard to motivate myself to continue playing.

Before this game, the author made one of my favorite games on f95zone with LIs you could really care about. So i wonder, is this just happening in the beginning, does it get better if i play more of it? I.e. can the MC get back to some kind of reality, or at least have some kind of true, lasting relationship outside of his Archon 'job'?

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Pinsel

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I played a bit and well, it seems the MC is some kind of guide for restless spirits, earning qi points by solving other dead people holdups. Now starting to get "girl riddles" that probably lead to hot scenes down the line, but there seems to be no real connection or shared future with them. Basically all just ghosts living in illusions of their former life & held up from moving on, with whom the MC enters some kind of fake relationship (they don't know what you are, that they are dead etc) - i find it very hard to motivate myself to continue playing.

Before this game, the author made one of my favorite games on f95zone with LIs you could really care about. So i wonder, is this just happening in the beginning, does it get better if i play more of it? I.e. can the MC get back to some kind of reality, or at least have some kind of true, lasting relationship outside of his Archon 'job'?
The MC builds relationships with each of a number of women with the ultimate goal of helping them to let go of what is keeping them in the Interim so that they can move on - releasing their Qi which the MC absorbs.

He also interacts with Entendes - guardians/counselors of the Archons (people like the MC) and the process by which the old world fades away and a new world is born.

I've played through the current content and, IMO, you get to build real relationships and help these women as you get to know them.

You also get to know two of the Entendes (Mira who also holds Alison's spirit/persona - the MC's former girlfriend who broke up with him and then dies in a car accident - she is likely a major reason why he had trouble letting go of the old world and perhaps this was part of why he was chose to be an archon).

You will get to know Apollyon (the other of the two Entendes mentioned above) better and she brings something special to this story - the MC gets to help teach her what it is to be human and much more - I won't spoil this for you as it is a great part of the story.

We don't know what happens when the final battle between archons is done other than the winner gets to decide what the new world will look like (and I suspect - gets some number of 'boons' as a reward for his service).

I want to believe that this includes a Harem of sorts with a number of the women in the new world, but this is just a guess/wish on my part - nothing from the dev on this yet.

It took me longer to get into The Interim Domain versus Now & Then, but I feel like the journey is very much worth it.

If what I have described to you above is not enough to persuade you to continue playing at this time, consider returning in 6 months and checking out the thread/ask about the current state of the AVN then.

Last edited:

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
The MC builds relationships with each of a number of women with the ultimate goal of helping them to let go of what is keeping them in the Interim so that they can move on - releasing their Qi which the MC absorbs.

He also interacts with Entendes - guardians/counselors of the Archons (people like the MC) and the process by which the old world fades away and a new world is born.

I've played through the current content and, IMO, you get to build real relationships and help these women as you get to know them.

You also get to know two of the Entendes (Mira who is also holds Alison's spirit/persona - the MC's former girlfriend who broke up with him and then dies in a car accident - she is likely a major reason why he had trouble letting go of the old world and perhaps this was part of why he was chose to be an archon).

You will get to know Apollyon (the other of the two Entendes mentioned above) better and she brings something special to this story - the MC gets to help teach her what it is to be human and much more - I won't spoil this for you as it is a great part of the story.

We don't know what happens when the final battle between archons is done other than the winner gets to decide what the new world will look like (and I suspect - gets some number of 'boons' as a reward for his service).

I want to believe that this includes a Harem of sorts with a number of the women in the new world, but this is just a guess/wish on my part - nothing from the dev on this yet.

It took me longer to get into The Interim Domain versus Now & Then, but I feel like the journey is very much worth it.

If what I have described to you above is not enough to persuade you to continue playing at this time, consider returning in 6 months and checking out the thread/ask about the current state of the AVN then.

Ok thank you, i'll soldier on then. I don't really consider it a relationship if the only goal is moving them to the afterlife and "solving" them (without them even realizing what happens) - but the Entendes & Apollyon sound interesting enough to go on.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Ok thank you, i'll soldier on then. I don't really consider it a relationship if the only goal is moving them to the afterlife and "solving" them (without them even realizing what happens) - but the Entendes & Apollyon sound interesting enough to go on.
One of my favorite aspects of this story is the relationship building between the MC and the two Entendes - Mira and Apollyon.

Their relationships grow to the point where they are willing to break their own rules to grow their relationships with the MC.

There are some hilarious conversations between the MC, Selene and Apollyon that I have marked - saves I will not overwrite - so I can go back and revisit them periodically. They are way too good to enjoy just once.

One of my hopes is that one or both of the Entendes, Beings eternal, decide or are offered the chance to join the MC as human women in the next cycle.

Their joy at being with the MC is quite literally unfettered by human baggage.

3.80 star(s) 38 Votes