Ren'Py - The Inn [Ch. 2 v1.01.01] [Lykanz]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Evans15

This game is starting really good, it is developing the characters slowly but surely, the memes are a hit or miss but that's entirely if that's up your alley, tons of jokes, most of them funny, that part was to mess with the dev, the characters have been likeable as of now with a more or less believable story, obviously way too soon to know if it will remain like this.

But really, a guy you just met giving you tons of money just because, that's 100% soap opera story-telling.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

JeffyJonJonJim

The Inn – breaking the 4th wall with pure undiluted lust

I've spent eons wandering the vast wastes of the internet seeking a lewd game to call home, much like the games main character I found myself going through the motions jumping from filth to filth hoping that my next jump would lead me home and to a meaningful climax (of quality storytelling) but alas I was left wanting. Then on the horizon I saw a blindingly bright building beckoning me towards it and as if by internet magic the sirens call threw me through the doors of The Inn and to the feet of Lykanz who took me aside & forcibly whispered the truths of the universe in the form of a truly lewd visual novel.

It's not very often that a game as remarkable as the Inn graces us with its presence but it isn't the ill omen that some of the less enlightened “reviewers” have branded it. The Inn is in fact a blessing on our impure community, its brand of madcap 4th wall breaking humor, pop culture references and memes is exactly what this scene needs, considering the sheer number of games here that take themselves a bit too seriously, but for those too busy or lazy to scratch the surface of this vn it tells a tale to which most people can relate of a man stuck in a rut and his struggle to make the best of a bad situation and change his fortunes when his ordinary life is shaken to its core (While also getting lucky). Lykanz has gone to great pains to craft a story line and a believable back story for the main character and has interwoven the Mcs fate with a host of skillfully designed, believable and well endowed women for us to ogle and in a surprising break from the tradition of only having gym sculpted female forms we've also been blessed with the mc's 'cough' Roommate and Landlady that have a little more to offer size wise meaning that there's something for everyone in this lewd fiction.

Addressing the elephant in the room...no not that pink one hes my drinking buddy, the update schedule for The Inn has been a point of much discussion recently but for those leaning towards Lykanz being lazy im sorry to disappoint you but this couldn't be further from the truth, in the months following the last release, Lykanz has worked tirelessly on user experience improvements to the game, improving the UI, streamlining the menus and in a step i've yet to see implemented in another Lewd Vn Lykanz has developed a system of auto updating the entire game, further re-enforcing just how dedicated he remains to the project.

While the game remains in its infancy, its potential is undeniable and I wait with bated breath “swallows a mint” for the next update and the next inevitable Resident Evil 4 reference.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Quicksilver

This game has a particular type of jokes/humour which will likely determine whether you like the game or dislike the game. What you can expect in the humour department is 4th wall breaking, memes and random jokes (which you'll either laugh or cringe at).

A lot of it seems to be in your face like your character arguing with the writer himself or stopping to ask for directions from someone on all fours with a photoshopped face who screams "Your in the rice fields, ***********". However some of it is slightly less obvious such as the pictures on the walls or the TV changing to match your dialog. There's one section where you'll encounter a glory hole. Choosing to stick your dick in it will result in a scene with a character called "weird guy" showing up to look in the hole only to get stabbed in the eye by your dick.

Now if that sounds like your kind of humour then keep reading. If not don't waste your time and go find another game.

Outside of the humour the game has fantastic visuals with gorgeous lighting. The dialog outside of the humour seems fairly decent. A character you meet fairly early on called Linda Mae seems like more of the same style of humour as she is quite literally a stereotype country girl complete with the stereotype accent. The MC himself comes off as a bit of an asshole at least in the initial few days of the game. He's given the key to a run down abandoned house for free then bitches about it.

That's about all I can say about the game since I decided after the hilarious glory hole scene that I'd endured enough of the games humour to decide the game is simply not for me.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

batman666

+ Stylish UI, very funny introduction, shows that the dev is quite funny! Good sign for the writing
    + Never seen a game where the dev inserted himself in such a crazy, funny and fresh way
    + How did the dev manage to create a sympathetic, non-creepy looking main character?!
    + Wow, these renders are on par with some DAZ stuff, albeit it being HS. Well done
    + The game had me cracking up at some parts due to the funny writing xD
    + "Party girl" on day 3 looked hot
    + I fell in love with Linda Mae. Please sell some waifu pillows :D Her accent, her style, her attitude-- so unique
    + "150.000 $ added to your inventory" - Goodbye, grind! XD
    + The food looks better than some girls in other games
    + The animated scenes... outstanding!!
    + Navigation is clear and pretty
    + Loved the gloryhole scene, first the broken dick, then the cameos, incidentally from two of my fave games?... but those girls, especially Alanna, never looked so awesome before. Same for the dressing bonus scenes
    + Ending was fantastic

- Day 1 sucked (just kidding lol)

This game might have the prettiest HS-based renders I've seen yet. It looks like a DAZ/HS mix or rather HS on steroids with higher grade textures and lots of PS work put in afterwards.

You know what? Fuck this all. This is my new favorite game now. This encompasses all the things I love, this game represents why I'm here in the community. It's hot, it's witty, it has awesome graphics and animations and it lets 90% of the games here look like shit.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

RandyPhoenix

Good Points
    + Our game have realy good sense of humor. Some background scenes (For example walking Trump like a normal civilian :LOL: ) or some scenes like a when you try choice NTR or bad choices :D This dialuges realy made my day
    + Renders is realy good. Not the best ones i ever seen but realy good for sure :)
    + Animates scenes have good quality, well maked physics and they have good FPS value.
    + While our story is pretty plain and boring story telling is quite enjoyable.

Bad Points
    - Story is not that well written, amazing or original. Its pretty average and not even worth to mention.
    - This game developing since 2018... Yeah thats not even joke... Since 2018... And we dont even have good enough content for 1 year of developing time at all... Updates takes to much time and their content level is pretty little aswell and thats worse point of this game...
    - We got update after long time... And all we got is just some phone texts and some words with Joana... Thats just wow...

For The End
    I'm big fan of this game and its even my signature but let be honest here... This game goes nowhere... I'm not happy giving this game 2 star and I realy love this game but DEV need starts caring his game more ASAP or this game gonna became one of games nobody remembers instead of remembering as a masterpiece, which is potencial value of this game.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

The Anti

The Inn is one of the more Unique and well made Games I’ve found, From the story direction to the use of Honey Select it’s not your typical HS game, With solid writing, A lot of funny moments, good looking girls and Great Honey Select Visuals. The Inn is a worth while game to get invested in.

P.S. More Linda Mae
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Remzis

Best facial expressions I've seen, they compliment emotions in a dialogue and add flair to scenes. Speaking of scenes, the limited amount of which we have for the current build are amazing, cant wait to see more. Story so far is captivating and keeps you interested.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Een Vieze Vent

Unique, funny, sexy, story driven and incredibly well made.

Just do yourself a favor, try the game out and I guarantee that you WILL enjoy it, or atleast appreciate it.

Lykanz pulls off some incredible stuff with the use of Honey Select Studio in combination with his writing, humor and attention to detail.

Every single scene/render is full of detail, whether it's the facial expressions, the body language or the personalities of the characters, everything is given attention to perfection.

The story and pace is excellent, I love slow developing stories like this so that we get to know each and every character, their backgrounds and how all these characters will evolve over time. It's also riddled with references, jokes and snarky remarks that I won't spoil, but when you see them they will put a smile on your face.

Lykanz, keep up the great work. I know that there is ALOT of other visual novels out there, alot of which I also thoroughly enjoy, but seeing you release a new version of The Inn always makes me prioritize your work over everything else!

Keep that creative mind flowing!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

GodDarkChaos

i really like it art,jokes even story i hope you keep up doing good work. Idont know where start that jokes makes me keep smiling :) im keep smiling writing this thanks to some jokes. what should i say character arts they are definetly stunning , normaly i dont like camera pan up and down but i didnt mind even one time in this game and characters not copy paste and they are different body portions its makes game more realistic . story some part cliches but i like where its going I hope you add walkthrough next time i dont want miss single scene
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Game Reviewer

worth the time and definitely worth paying for

game was enjoyable with those comedy+1

story was good+1
    -totally different plot from vn games ive played so far

for using honey select+1
    -there always a critic there hating on things but hs the goodest thing to make this game dont mind them

!nc3st+1
    -i really like !nc3st you know hoping to see great content for launa soon

for making it playable for android+1
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Themex

Great Graphics !
    Good story and I liked the interactions between mc and writer.
    but There was a small problem with clothes that in some scenes they're glowing !
    Like Linda's socks when she's lying on the sofa and her socks are glowing without any reason !
    After all , This game is very good.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

joecoe

Regarding visuals The Inn is the best game using Honey Select I have seen so far. The developer has a sense of detail, playing with light and shadow and uses many items you do not see in other Honey Select games. Although Honey Select is often perceived as a low tier option for creating visuals, personally I like visuals of "The Inn" more than at least half of games that use Daz3D.
    The writing style is interesting and funny, there is a healthy degree of exaggeration. The story is nothing brilliant so far, but not bad compared to other adult games and still better than a frequent setup: "Hey, beauty, I'm your new roommate. Now I will level up our relationship to have sex with you" And I see some clues that in the next updates the story may get some depth and interesting plot.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Laziness

It's got an endearing sense of humour (and makes sure the narrator joke falls to the wayside before too long) and the characters have got me aching to see more of them.
    So far, this game has only reached the second part of its intro, and it's already set to be one of my favourites.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Safetydummy

This wasn't a bad little game. It's an interesting enough premise, the MC isn't trying to nail family members (I know, right?), there's a little bit of romance going on, AND Linda Mae is just as cute as a li'l ol' button. (Don't ask me, I'm FROM the South and never understood that one either...) :) Linda Mae is just adorable in appearance, personality, and quirkiness.

The 4th wall breaks weren't as bad as other people made them sound- they did break up some of the immersion, but they were interspersed well, they were relevant to the plot, and a couple of them made me chuckle. I did like the nod/homage to "House Arrest", that was pretty cool too.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Hit-Girl45

Great game so far. Story is funny and interesting.when i first played the earlier releases i wasnt that interested but afterwards with the new updates this game has quickly become one of my favorites. I love the character design and the funny memes. will definitely be on my must download and will be willing to donate once a few more updates come out.
  16. 2.00 star(s)

Forgeshield

For v0.02f1DL (eg, there's no much here yet)

The visuals are fine, the writing is fine. A lot of people comment on the narrator interjecting comments a few times as being too much, but that didn't bother me. These games could use some personality.

What did bother me and is most of the reason for this score is that our MC is an asshole. He doesn't think a single thing that makes me like him. A stranger gives him a fucking house and he just talks shit about it. And then he forgets it. How the fuck do you forget that someone gave you a house, especially when you think your life is so shitty (because we all know that being given a free house is super terrible). The player shouldn't be rooting for the rapist, but if that guy had broken the MC's face, I probably would have given this 5-stars (not really, but I would have been tempted).

Once we finally get past the intro and to the aforementioned house, the next problem shows up. The dialogue is really wordy. This is a fairly common problem in these games, where the game maker actually seems to want to be a book author, not a script writer. Dialogue needs to be tight and to the point to keep things moving along, especially in the beginning when the player isn't hooked yet. More 'tv show', less 'epic fantasy novel'.

This may become fine once things get established and the game portion of this game shows up, but for now all it succeeds at doing is pissing me off for forcing me to play a douche.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

Kingaton89

Great game so far. Story is good. Can't wait to see what comes next. I love the design of her house. Detailed and smooth. Really stretching out that engine. I love it. Waiting to see where writer goes with this one.
  18. 2.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is v0.02...

There is a lot of narrator non-sense during the first 5 game days that I was kind of glad was missing from day 6 and beyond... There are some other over the top things that I'll also go over...

The visuals of the characters and backdrops are done with Honey Select, so they have a sort of hentai inspired feel to them... Many of the initial visuals were very dark, and hard to really see, which I assume was the intention... The whole narrator with meme's (mostly of movie/tv stars faces, and I'm sure they are used without permission) for his head was WAY over the top and just felt unnecessary and dumb... I'm guessing they were an attempt at humor, but I didn't find them funny at all... The whole narrator shtick could have been left out entirely and the VN/Game would have been better for it...

The script is decent, with only the occasional spelling/grammar error... The whole southern draw of the young farm woman felt over the top and not befitting of the characters looks... It got a little better once they went to her house, but it still felt exaggerated... The plot revolves around a male protagonist who works as a bar tender, and meets an old man who gives him a key to an old house... After the protagonist gets fired from his job, he decides to go visit the old house...

There he meets a young woman who seems very friendly and trusting, so trusting that the protagonist begins to wonder... Once he enters the old house he discovers some money and a note from the old man, asking that he fix up the house and show his family (sort of as a redemption for his past decisions)... From there the protagonist decides to spend a night at the young woman's home, where things get a bit interesting...

There are a few moments when I began to wonder if something else was going on... Mostly because the protagonist notices some snacks had disappeared from the table... Along with him getting an earie feeling at times... Guess we'll need to wait and see if the story is going to go some bizarre direction or not, in future content...

Overall, I didn't like the whole narrator non-sense during the introduction, and some of the other characters I felt had over the top personalities as well... Such as the guy in the field who was super over the top rude to the protagonist for no good reason, and the weird towns folks talking non-sense... Or the sign leading into the town... I just don't get the feeling that the developers are taking their crafting of this VN/Game all that seriously... Sure, they are devoting a lot to the visuals, but the story and text doesn't feel right sometimes... It feels like a normal story one minute, and out of place the next... Guess we'll need to wait and see how the development goes... Beyond the non-sense, the story premise seemed interesting... Will I revisit this one? Maybe, have to wait and see...