• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

John Bon Clay

Jul 14, 2020
I get that devs have lives and all, but when you start a project, you can most definitely abandon it. However, when you are backed with money from patreon or wherever they have a moral obligation to try finish their work. Not just for themselves, but for their patreons. The patreons that have backed him monthly for future updates.
Maybe his patreons are just understanding loving people, who doesn't mind, then all good!
He should still finish his work. Take a 3 to 6 month break and pause/hold patreon payments during that time. But he just closed his patreon, I guess that's more like slamming the door shut to never look back.
I wish him the best still! I bet he will regret that decision because he might just have needed a little break. To leave a good creation unfinished can be, yeah.. The patreons he abandoned..

JuliaLBC

Jun 7, 2019
I get that devs have lives and all, but when you start a project, you can most definitely abandon it. However, when you are backed with money from patreon or wherever they have a moral obligation to try finish their work. Not just for themselves, but for their patreons. The patreons that have backed him monthly for future updates.
Maybe his patreons are just understanding loving people, who doesn't mind, then all good!
He should still finish his work. Take a 3 to 6 month break and pause/hold patreon payments during that time. But he just closed his patreon, I guess that's more like slamming the door shut to never look back.
I wish him the best still! I bet he will regret that decision because he might just have needed a little break. To leave a good creation unfinished can be, yeah.. The patreons he abandoned..
Well, I think everyone knows, that Patreon is always a little gambling. I don't want to say, that the patroons can't expect anything for their money, but that project can be dropped is a known risk. And to the point at which he dropped it, he delivered. For the rest, we just can’t know if he really just needs a break or if his life changed in such a manner, that it is unrealistic for him to find the time and/or strength to continue. And if he should realize that he just needed a break, he can still reopen a Patreon and continue his work.

DDDNOMYASS

Dec 12, 2020
As far as I know, this project was developed by 2 people, but one of them left the project and the other one wanted to continue with the project but said that it was too much burden for him and that he needed some time.

Ithink that the completion of this project is far from our reach as end users, and I think most of us know that it is difficult to finish a project alone that you started with someone else

DDDNOMYASS

Dec 12, 2020
Does anyone know of a way to send a message to Aedirn? I've sent something on here, but they've not logged in for 6-8 weeks
You could try send a message on patreon or twitter, I mean both look abandoned but you could try contact them there

Reactions: michaelcros

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
I have seen abandoned games get picked up by other devs and continue a game. Some switched the game from RPGM to Ren'py or vice versa. It would be awesome if a super dev would pick up this game and continue it in the direction it was going. I really wish that Aedirn is well and will someday come back with another of his great games. Sometimes real life can fuck up your life. I hope this is not the case for Aedirn.

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
For this we need the character cards. Unfortunately we don't have this.
Ok, but can't you create similar character cards, but, in your style, only different? (now I'm sounding like words out of an old Cheech & Chong movie) Just something close to the original characters and I'm sure that we the fans would be okay with that considering the alternative would be no continuation whatsoever. Willow was so sweet, innocent, and pure and I was ready to turn her into a cheating, slutty whore and prostitute, but, very cute nonetheless.

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes