RPGM - Completed - The Hero Corruption Masterplan: Heroes vs Villainesses [Final] [Dry Dream]

1. 3.00 star(s)

tyuiopson

As much as i would like to rate it higher as it is a fairly good MC corruption game with decent pogression, there is one major flaw in the games design, unskippable texts, I have played a bit of games with unskippable texts but most of them don:t primarily rely on save loading.

This game heavily relies on loading saves to get different scenes and it doesnt help that a lot of the cutscene are long and has no fast skip option. Not to mention that doinga runcorrectly and not getting beaten would take more than 2 hours already given the slowness of the scenes but if you want to take a different approach you will be forced to rewatch with no skip. Just poor design.

I will not comment on the translation as it is fairly doable and the gameplay itself is generic buit it does the job. The premise for me is great and is one of the male corruption games out there.

Will rate it a 3 still as I did like the story progression
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 4771842

This game is boring and unbalanced as hell (you don't need most of the magic and special moves), yet the story idea and development are not the worst. Unfortunately, you may not understand who is talking, since only one character has icon and name in dialogue window, and translation is not the best.
    You will get enjoyment from this game only, if you have no bitches but wanna see them, or you have hero complex and need to fulfill it.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

_coolguy158

Possibly great game if you know Japanese, but it's clearly text based enjoyment and the AI translation is as bad as they come. Shame too, probably checks a majority of my boxes for things I'm into. Just is unplayable as is.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Ranonymou

Didn't play the F95 version so I can't comment on the AI translation.
    I'm not a fan of the plot and the direction this game took.
    The gameplay is once again the usual Dry Dream style of an rpgmaker combat system where you chop away at the enemy health to reach thresholds to continue to the next dialogue/phase of the fight.
    It is still a huge blunder in combat style as usual in his games but the key aspect that Dry Dream works with is in temptations, defeats, and cutscenes for the H content which I personally barely enjoyed anything this time around.
    The real downer for me is that there are just too many unskippable reoccuring cutaway cutscenes about other character situations that I strongly do not find interest in. It detracts from the actual gameplay itself and worse of all is that it did not strongly tie in directly to the main character's story at all. If Dry Dream was trying to build plot tension then I don't think this was the best approach. We could scrap those cutscenes and it wouldn't change besides reducing the amount H-Scenes this game has.