VN - HTML - Abandoned - The Guinea Pig [v0.30a] [theGP]

1. 1.00 star(s)

joe blogins

Normally this game would have gotten a 4 or 5 star rating. It's just that theres so many game breaking no progression bugs. The hints for progression are not good and im guessing random variables keep messing up being able to progress. If you havent come across this issue good for you but its really annoying and happens multiple times.

Other than that its a good game. Still, would not reccommend playing unless you're happy to play until it breaks and stop.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

hisfs

It's a slideshow of feminization captions, but you're gonna click thirty buttons to see the next one, then grind a week of (wakeup/wait/sleep) to see the next 15 lines on the railroad of character progression.

Includes cheat to turn off annoyance mechanics (hunger, hygiene, rent).
    Decent writing, no typos (at least until the point I got bored).
    The freeroam blueballs you by denying the required male outfit for a beach and a gym.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Kelpsie

Of all the identical sissification Twine/SugarCube games, this one is the most identical. Click the Work button, click the obligatory sissy mind control email button, click the sleep button, click the pay rent button once every several days. Repeat, repeat, repeat.
    The writing is uninspired and low quality, the captioned sissy images are uninspired and low quality, the user interface is uninspired and low quality.
    It only gets two stars because there's some seriously hot garbage out there that I need to leave room for.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Innocience

Played Version 0.30a

This has to be one of the worst offenders of tedious and grindy sandbox gameplay in an HTML game. Why dev? Why the heck do you insist on making your game a sandbox when it is, for all intents and purposes, a kinetic novel?
    There is no schedule in the game, no natural progression. You'll constantly be checking your guide located on the righthand side of the SugarCube UI and straight progress towards this new goal.
    All the money making, job searching and stuff purchasing? That's all just hollow setdressing and all it does is annoy the ever living crap out of you.
    My god it is frustrating. Why have stats like "fitness" if they do nothing but serve as yet another arbitrary check down the line? Now I sure as heck don't know how much "fitness" I was supposed to accumulate to progress further (apparently my PC "felt a bit skinny" and "should work out"), but this was the point I simply stopped caring.
    Having to click "waste time", "get up", "sleep", "wake up" to progress a single day was grading enough. Adding a dozen more clicks to train my fitness each in-game day was the final straw.
    Never once did I feel like any of these "gameplay" elements added anything to my enjoyment or at least to the setting.
    My god. Rant over.

There are cheats in this game and you SHOULD make use of them. But they still don't prevent you from waiting until it's another thursday.
    I do enjoy the usual beta loser is tricked into becoming a sissy story and the chosen pictures are nice. But all the stuff in-between drags it down so so much; wastes so much of your time.

TL;DR: Skip or console command your way through this.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

LaraWolfe

This game hits many of my personal tastes so take the following as you see fit.

"The Guinea pig" is essentially a kinetic novel after maybe the first few choices, choices which I'm not sure even make a difference. There is sandbox gameplay but aside from paying rent on time each week it serves no real purpose other than filler to get you to the next story beat.

The story is only told through the weekly occurring events and what you do between them has little to no effect on them. How you spend your time is up to you, but from what I can tell there is nothing significant.

As for the story itself "The Guinea Pig" is enjoyable, it kept me wanting to play in order to see what happens next. It is nice that as MC progresses down the road of feminization that more and more options in the store open up.

Much of the story is founded on MC's history with his mother and how that effected him now that he is on his own. She since hasn't shown back up but I do hope that she does at some point to see how her now daughter has turned out. At the very least to see her reaction to it, if not to be an antagonist to try and halt/reverse it or be yet another person to push MC along in their journey.

4 stars, it has more than I expect of a 3 but not enough to make it a 5.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 5404891

Not the most original sissification game but it's still pretty well done: solid UI, good outfits, mostly consistent models, good writing, and enough content to keep me interested (as of v.20).

Only criticism is it's a bit slow, especially early on with plot events being only weekly. Would be good to either make these more frequent or add some random events that trigger from working, going to the park , etc.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

jwk92

I enjoy it very much. Though it can be a bit to grindy. Especially at first when sometimes you have to wait a whole week of just going through it by working and working out it's a bit to clicky. But besides that I do enjoy the story it does have. And I enjoy the bit of costumization you have.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

TennisRacket1

Not much content yet but has lots of potential. The interface is well designed and easy to navigate and the game has nice QoL features that make it less grindy, which is a rarity for HTML games on this site. Additionally, the grammar is good, and the storyline is decent.

Assuming that the dev continues to support the game with new updates, it is one to keep an eye on.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

the_new_man

Well written story which makes it a good VN. If you are into the genre described in the tags, this game covers them perfectly and will be well served. I will patiently wait for the next updates to see where this is going. Keep up!
  10. 3.00 star(s)

rtkamb

Review is for v0.09
    Overall a very good start.
    Story is pretty normal, as far as Sissy content is related.
    Game play has a lot of clicking currently. This is pretty normal for an HTML game. Some things I'd like to see in the future are, have an option in your morning routine to start your day in the living room instead of your bedroom, and when it's night, there is a link that just says go to bed. These two options would eliminate almost a big chunk of the extra clicking.
    The stats in the game need an overhaul, They are there in the corner, but you never really have to think about them. Instead of forcing the player to go through the store interface to buy items, instead make the options you choose have more impact on them, or something.
    Overall, it's just your typical sissy corruption html game, that doesn't really add anything new to the genre.
    Update for v0.30a - Holy fuck this is grindy now. The grind isn't too bad because most of the days can be taken care of in just a couple of clicks, but there are a lot of empty days. I'm at a point where I don't know if the game is over or I'm just stuck in an endless grind. I'm on day 209 and it's been almost three weeks since the last event. I'm keeping it at three stars, because when the days line up correctly (which happens most of the time), there is very little grind, and the content is pretty good.
  11. 2.00 star(s)

Laura2022

I dislike "sandbox" games that have needlessly grindy mechanics just to get to the good parts. Worst of all, if the "lewd" content isn't any good, then grinding to it feels like a waste of time.

So, a general femdom sissification story that isn't very well developed (yet). Will come back periodically, and if anything changes, I'll update my review. Until then, I leave a disappointed husk of my former self.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

EloWeRR

more sissyfication games I love it :3
    Some good start but we need some slow sissification and more activites ofc
    U are do so good start and we need continue good job man
    thanks for the hardworking :3
  13. 3.00 star(s)

Marcmad

I think it's alright, not the best but still fun is you like sissy/hypno

The game don't have a lot of content and the story is linear.

I think it could be good with a couple more update depend on what the dev's plan since the story progress relatively fast.

There not a much in the journey side so let's see the end goal...
  14. 2.00 star(s)

Deleted member 440241

Another TFGS "sandbox game" where some spineless loser is forced to become a sissy by literally all the women around him. Currently too early in development to make any real use of the sandbox, so it's really just a linear story with a lot of extra clicking. If you're really into feminization and you love every game on TFGS with this setup then I guess you'll like this one too. For literally everyone else, it's been done better elsewhere so don't bother downloading.
  15. 2.00 star(s)

SimbaThePup

v0.09
    So far it's something between a game and VN without proper storytelling and some bonus grind. The change feels rushed, there are inconsistencies (you can suddenly go out in female clothes with no reaction in work etc. but you can't buy other female clothes because that would be too much, obviously). It is still in early phase, however I don't see much room for improvement without a rewrite. And even early in game you get pretty far in transformation which can be also an issue for further progress. Playable if you are significantly into themes involved.