Vicho75

Aug 24, 2022
Game was update in march, calm down.
Updates once a month is a very convenient pace.
Even with such an abundance of games, bypassing a couple of patches is also good policy

When they start making more frequent patches it ends up being counterproductive, because the fans "get used to that".
If it was up to them, there were patches every week, but it doesn't work that way.

Guys, let him cook.

fruitflyns

May 7, 2023
OOF brother, not even for you guys!? Does he have a discord or something?

Serious Punch is working as an artist, he is creating models for other games, like: "Ethereal Bonds", It all comes down to money I guess, I think he is getting more money from commissions than from his own game. #sad

I thought the design looked familiar. Did he actually make the model?

RickmanJames

Apr 20, 2019
Even with such an abundance of games, bypassing a couple of patches is also good policy

When they start making more frequent patches it ends up being counterproductive, because the fans "get used to that".
If it was up to them, there were patches every week, but it doesn't work that way.

Guys, let him cook.

He needs to show some news once in a while. He did that before and now?......... Again radio silence.
He is also not honest against members, Say this say that. (Its gonna be pritty big this time) whoo hoo!

NOPE not true eventually. Al we where getting was a small update everytime.
Keep the community up to date whats going on(Problems with developing or anything).
i am not saying he needs to show more news but sometimes one small message can be more then enough.
Or one message a month?

Last edited:
Reactions: Furyan and Vicho75

RickmanJames

Apr 20, 2019
OOF brother, not even for you guys!? Does he have a discord or something?

Serious Punch is working as an artist, he is creating models for other games, like: "Ethereal Bonds", It all comes down to money I guess, I think he is getting more money from commissions than from his own game. #sad

He doens't have discord

Furyan

Nov 16, 2017

Guys, let him cook.
The critic is about communication, not his work pace or ethic. It all comes down to communication, if he said: "I'm gonna slow the pace", or "I'm going to to this or that", we would be cool. There was even cases that the dev said that he was going to slow down the pace and eventually he abandoned the project haha like: "Life in Santa County". But at least say something.

We are NOT used to monthly updates, we are used to him communicating and being straight, radio silence is always sign that something is wrong. Don't take me out of context, It's intellectually dishonest.

Reactions: RickmanJames

RickmanJames

Apr 20, 2019

Hello, guys!
I hope you are all doing well.
I will try not to be too long-winded, but I want to tell you a few things.
1. How far along is the 0.7 update?
I have yet to start rendering the scenes for the 0.7 update, but the plot is already written, so we can say that it is well on its way.
Joking aside, as I said before, until the producer version is ready I'll not start rendering v0.7.
2) How far along is the Producer version?
I am about 40% of the way there. There should be 3-4 (long) sex scenes.
Unfortunately there is no progress bar for the producer version, but if you think it's a good idea, I can always add one!
3) Why is the progress bar still stuck?
See the answer to questions 1 and 2.
4) Is it true that you are working on another project?
Yes, about six months ago I met a very good programmer who followed me on Twitter.
We started talking on Discord and... We talked a lot!
At one point we realised that we had so many ideas for a new game that we asked "Why not do it? So, very calmly, he started writing the first lines of code and I started rendering the first scenes. After 6 months, Ethereal Bonds was born.

I'm not going to stand here and tell you "It's a better project than The Golden Boy" or "It's worse than The Golden Boy" and so on. I'm the father (or mother? ) of those projects, so I'm proud of both of them, but I can tell you that Ethereal Bonds is a really big project, so big, in fact, that for a long time I had my doubts about its realisation.

The game is free and can be downloaded by anyone, so if you feel like it you can check it out.
I'll leave the link at the end of the post.
5) So is The Golden Boy a dead project?
The Golden Boy is a project that is more alive than ever.
It is my first project and compared to many developers who "abandon" their first projects, I am quite proud of it and love it.
If I could go back, I would do it exactly as it is now. So the answer to this question is clearly a huge NO.
However, there are some points to be made that I have never said publicly before.
I wanted to take a bit of a break from this project, not because I no longer wanted to develop it, but because I was literally overdoing it.
During the development of some of the updates, I worked every available weekend and holiday. I would come back from my day job and work on it again.
I admit it was quite an exhausting period, also psychologically.
So I made a decision, I wanted to slow down a bit, but I never stopped.
I continued to work on The Golden Boy, even while I was working on Ethereal Bonds.
So don't worry!
Even if there are times when I feel more tired than usual (that's normal in any job, guys), I don't give up on any project, in fact I come back with much more desire to do it than before!

And now excuse me, but I'll go back to rendering.

dboy5233x

Jan 5, 2020

Hello, guys!
I have yet to start rendering the scenes for the 0.7 update, but the plot is already written, so we can say that it is well on its wayJoking aside, as I said before, until the producer version is ready I'll not start rendering v0.7.
Unfortunately there is no progress bar for the producer version, but if you think it's a good idea, I can always add one!
Yes, about six months ago I met a very good programmer who followed me on Twitter.
At one point we realised that we had so many ideas for a new game that we asked "Why not do it? So, very calmly, he started writing the first lines of code and I started rendering the first scenes. After 6 months, Ethereal Bonds was born.

I'm not going to stand here and tell you "It's a better project than The Golden Boy" or "It's worse than The Golden Boy" and so on. I'm the father (or mother? ) of those projects, so I'm proud of both of them, but I can tell you that Ethereal Bonds is a really big project, so big, in fact, that for a long time I had my doubts about its realisation.

The game is free and can be downloaded by anyone, so if you feel like it you can check it out.
It is my first project and compared to many developers who "abandon" their first projects, I am quite proud of it and love it.
If I could go back, I would do it exactly as it is now. So the answer to this question is clearly a huge NO.
However, there are some points to be made that I have never said publicly before.
I wanted to take a bit of a break from this project, not because I no longer wanted to develop it, but because I was literally overdoing it.
During the development of some of the updates, I worked every available weekend and holiday. I would come back from my day job and work on it again.
I continued to work on The Golden Boy, even while I was working on Ethereal Bonds.
So don't worry!
Even if there are times when I feel more tired than usual (that's normal in any job, guys), I don't give up on any project, in fact I come back with much more desire to do it than before!

I Wish He Again Create Comics Than Sh*t Game Process.

Vicho75

Aug 24, 2022

Hello, guys!
I have yet to start rendering the scenes for the 0.7 update, but the plot is already written, so we can say that it is well on its way.
Joking aside, as I said before, until the producer version is ready I'll not start rendering v0.7.

So don't worry!

So... let him cook :unsure:

3.90 star(s) 37 Votes