• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

HTML The games that you love.

LukaTheSergal

May 9, 2023
I'm working on a text based game! I'm interested in hearing about any game mechanics that you really love from other games, or one you've always wished a game had implemented in some way. The game is going to be vaguely like corruption of champions, Lilith's throne, and similar games. The game will be set in a fantasy world with magic, monsters, demons, and one of the biggest staples that I'm hoping to flesh out to a degree unlike anything before... An adventurer's guild! The game will largely revolve around being an actual game; though it will absolutely still have plenty of sex, as well as a mode to bypass most 'normal' gameplay and just enjoy the adult content. For the first release which is still quite a ways away, I plan on having one female npc, one bird man, and one npc that can be customized in many ways, such as gender, race, and much more. Feeling I've rambled on for far too long, I leave you with this additional question. Are there any interesting or fun words you know? (English only please)

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
There are a lot of mechanics that can be added to such a game, if we talk about gameplay ones:

-Renown: Give the MC a feeling that the better he is as an adventurer, the more known he is and get some priviledges because of it like discounts and ability to buy premium items.

-Getting a house and improving it: We tend to have a lot of money because of the quests so a good way to spend it would be to improve your house and get some permanent positive effects because of it so that the investment is meaningful.

-Buying slaves and getting servants for the house: When the house starts to feel like a mansion it's gonna need to be maintained.

-Receiving visits to your house and social interactions: Most games just expect the player to do all interactions, but it would be nice that people could actually visit and interact with you, or that when you enter the adventurer's guild you may be interacted by others.

If we talk about sexy mechanics it depends on what type of game you are making, will generate some context for the mechanics:

-Corruption game: Let's say that for example the game has as the central conflict that 3 futanari demons are trying to make the town into a place of debauchery or that they simply want to corrupt that place for whatever reason, a good mechanic would be that you can feel the danger of their actions, for example:

Let's say that the town has a church and the priestess needs to travel once per month to report to the main church and come back, one urgent/hidden mission that can happen is that the priestess gets their convoy attacked and if it isn't saved one of the demons may take the form of the priestess, come back to the town and little by little corrupt the church into a cult.

Having to deal with the demons strategies and having some effects makes them see more of a challenge and problem, we lack this element in most games.

-Chill game: Overall in this setting I would just hope that the girls act based on their personality, if a character is dominant, he/she should act in that way, also it's fairly rare that there can happen NPC x NPC romances or stuff, there are very few games that try to make NPC's a bit wholesome, even in games like Coc 2, tits and lilith throne while some NPC's can have sex with each other it is never seen that they may actually become boyfriend/girlfriend or whatever, basically that they enter some relationship.

-Harem game: If the game is going in the line of gotta catch them all at the very least it would be appreciated to actually have to convince girls to join the harem and having to deal with harem issues and conflicts.

-Manipulation game: Basically I mean a type of games in which NPC's can actually try to do some bad stuff to the MC or other characters, be it transform, mind control or basically influence them in any way. In this types of games it's better to not easily defeat said NPC's but give them time to shine and plot, having some tactics that they can keep trying until you manage to totally defeat them.

-Sub/dom game: Basically a game that takes seriously those rols and will have characters try to impose their will in that way, in that type of game it would be fun to be able to tame dominant characters or let an otherwise submissive character awaken her dominant tendencies.

nulnil

May 18, 2021
While I'm not too interested in text-based games..

What kind of gameplay? What would major features such as combat look like?

LukaTheSergal

May 9, 2023
While I'm not too interested in text-based games..

What kind of gameplay? What would major features such as combat look like?
It would most likely end up being turn based. To my knowledge it would be extremely difficult to do much more. Think kinda like an rpg like old final fantasy games.

nulnil

May 18, 2021
It would most likely end up being turn based. To my knowledge it would be extremely difficult to do much more. Think kinda like an rpg like old final fantasy games.
Anything special about the combat? Or is it just another damage trading type?

LukaTheSergal

May 9, 2023
Anything special about the combat? Or is it just another damage trading type?
Lol, I mean of course I have ideas. Timers, different mini games, more interactive combat. Ooo even now I just thought of more! This is why I love talking with people. I won't lie when I say I've definitely been there, playing a game and just spamming buttons to try and get to the sex scenes. But genuinely I want this to just be more than that kind of game. Are my ambitions reasonable? No. Is it even possible? Who knows. Will I fail? Absolutely in many ways at many different times. I just hate that there's nothing special about games anymore. In all honesty I would love beyond anything to make a full 3d open world game similar to Witcher 3. But that game was made by an entire studio likely over years of work. So to say I'd be a bit out of my depth would be an understatement. So I'm just trying to do what I can with what I have. I apologized for my rambling. Truly thanks for your time, if you're even still reading.

Reactions: nulnil