• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py The Fosters: Back 2 School [v0.4] [_13_]

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

Nezron

Apr 13, 2023
another nice update. I don't think the MC should be allowed to teach girl classes as a teacher in the future... his harem is getting pretty big. lol.

Tasera

Jul 24, 2019
It's kinda tiring when the content remains locked behind black screens, what is the real issue behind them not showing up properly ?

Reactions: ferro85

xsikal

Jul 13, 2022
Is there any need to play the first, or can this one stand on its own despite being a sequel?

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Is there any need to play the first, or can this one stand on its own despite being a sequel?
There's a recap of the canon ending, but no explanation of what happened leading to that particular ending. You don't necessarily need to play the first game, but the writing is done with the expectation that you have played it. I don't go out of my way to explain things that happened in the first game, or why characters have made the choices they did based on the events of the first game.

Reactions: xsikal

TsubameYui

Nov 2, 2022
Honestly, the first game was a masterpiece. While it may not be strictly necessary to play it, it's absolutely worth it, and will certainly help you enjoy this one more.

_13_ Just want to say thanks for another amazing update. You really knocked this one out of the ballpark. I about died laughing at Lucy's "I just want to bite that booty!" line.

• Love
Reactions: xsikal and _13_

xsikal

Jul 13, 2022
Honestly, the first game was a masterpiece. While it may not be strictly necessary to play it, it's absolutely worth it, and will certainly help you enjoy this one more.

_13_ Just want to say thanks for another amazing update. You really knocked this one out of the ballpark. I about died laughing at Lucy's "I just want to bite that booty!" line.
Appreciate it. Saw quite a few posts in this thread that didn't care for the first, so I wasn't sure. Will pick it up.

Reactions: TsubameYui

Podman124

Aug 18, 2018
Those aren't black screens, they're animations. For whatever reason your computer isn't playing them.
Go into your \game\movies folder from the game's main directory and try and play 4-014A
If it doesn't play then you need webm codecs, if it does then renpy is just being a cunt and someone else will have to help you.
The files in that folder show up just fine for me, this is the only renpy game that this has happened to me. Also I am not the only one in this thread that has complained about the black screen sex scenes so I think this is on the games side.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
The files in that folder show up just fine for me, this is the only renpy game that this has happened to me. Also I am not the only one in this thread that has complained about the black screen sex scenes so I think this is on the games side.
It runs fine on most people's computers.
This is a fairly common issue with renpy games. I'm not a python wizard so I have no great insight as to why, and when I look at the code everything looks fine to me, but for some reason some game's videos just won't play on a usually small portion of people's computers. It's hard to say that it's a problem with the game when it runs just fine for most people. It's just an issue of renpy being a cunt for whatever reason that I don't understand. There've been a few games that it's happened to me, although not this one thankfully.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
OK, so no one is going to acknowledge that she is handing him the pen? I am sorry, but it was right there, and no one is saying a thing about it. ;):LOL::ROFLMAO:

screenshot0001.png

Aground9437

Nov 8, 2022
I have the same problem. I never had this problem before. I can play all the files in the movie-folder just fine.
It's only the sex scenes that has this problem. Looks like it need a patch or fix.

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
After playing the videos from the folder, can you see them in the game? I feel like some people have said that works.

I don't know why some people don't see the animations. Most of my testers use PCs, but my proofreader tests in Linux. None of them had issues with the animations. I don't do any testing in Mac or Android. None of my subscribers reported any issues with animations.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
After playing the videos from the folder, can you see them in the game? I feel like some people have said that works.

I don't know why some people don't see the animations. Most of my testers use PCs, but my proofreader tests in Linux. None of them had issues with the animations. I don't do any testing in Mac or Android. None of my subscribers reported any issues with animations.
It's a really weird issue with renpy. I can't remember which game I played but there was a sex scene that absolutely wouldn't play. To make sure it wasn't the code I opened the script for the game and changed the address to a video that did work, it played fine. I tried moving the non playing video to a different point in the script where there was a video that worked and it wouldn't play. I could play the video just fine in the folder. It's just for some reason that specific video absolutely would not play in the renpy engine on my computer.
A different game, World Tamer had a scene that absolutely wouldn't play for me. A new version of the game comes out, the exact same video, with the exact same coding on the script, exact same pathing and exact same everything played properly. I can't tell you what the problem is but it's extremely strange and obscure and only ever seems to affect a small handful of people at a time.

wilkwild6896

Jan 6, 2022

getting the same issue. None of the animations play. I tried playing them in the folder and then in the game, but it didn't work. It's not throwing an error or anything just isn't playing the animations.

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes