Mod Ren'Py The Fiery Scion Multi-Mod [Update 17][RiamMar]

Would you like to have the option to show the textbox ornaments?

• Yes

Votes: 183 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 6.2%
  • I don't care

Votes: 122 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge One Hand Clapping
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.
File "game/mod/screens/quick_menu.rpy", line 74: u'nearrect' is not a keyword argument or valid child for the screen statement.
    nearrect:
            ^
Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Sun Mar 3 23:37:10 2024
Hey there,

I see where the problem is but... Your Ren'Py version is 7.4.x
Part 1 (update 12) should run with 8.0.3 and part 2 (update 13+) with 8.1.3. Which version of the game are you using or did you install it for the wrong game by accident?

FluffyT

Jan 5, 2021
Hey there,

I see where the problem is but... Your Ren'Py version is 7.4.x
Part 1 (update 12) should run with 8.0.3 and part 2 (update 13+) with 8.1.3. Which version of the game are you using or did you install it for the wrong game by accident?
I'm using joiplay if that answers anything. Everything alse is freshly downloaded.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I'm using joiplay if that answers anything. Everything alse is freshly downloaded.
I never used Joiplay, but there should be a setting to select a different Ren'Py version.
The three dots in top right, then "Settings" should have "Ren'Py Settings". See if you can select "RenPy 8" with py2 or python 2 (that's for part 1) and "RenPy 8" with py3 or python 3 for Part 2.

If that doesn't work, I'll have to see that I can patch out the tooltips from the game for you.

Edit: There might be a "per game" setting for that, not sure. As I said, never used JoiPlay myself.

Doffy6601

Mar 30, 2022
View attachment 2862392
Updated: 2024-02-15
Game/Creator: The Fiery Scion by Vander | - - f95zone
Modder: RiamMar | F95zone
Game Version: Update 12 (Part 1), Update 15d (Part 2)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Unified* Mod Downloads:

* works with Part 1 and 2,
If you have the previous not unified mod installed, delete the "game/mod/" folder.
Any advice? Im use joiplay, before d
View attachment 2862392
Updated: 2024-02-15
Game/Creator: The Fiery Scion by Vander | - - f95zone
Modder: RiamMar | F95zone
Game Version: Update 12 (Part 1), Update 15d (Part 2)

Unified* Mod Downloads:

* works with Part 1 and 2,
If you have the previous not unified mod installed, delete the "game/mod/" folder.
Any advice? Im use joiplay, after i put file mod to game folder I found an error like in the picture, fyi im use Part 1 game and mod for update 12 old mod, and i test for unified mod, Same like this (error)

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Any advice? Im use joiplay, before d

Any advice? Im use joiplay, after i put file mod to game folder I found an error like in the picture, fyi im use Part 1 game and mod for update 12 old mod, and i test for unified mod, Same like this (error)
Heyo and good morning! It's in the post right before yours.
JoiPlay is using the wrong Ren'Py version. You have to switch the settings to use Ren'Py 8 + py 2 for Part 1 and py3 for Part 2 of The Fiery Scion.

I also uploaded a new JoiPlay version of the mod to Google and MEGA. In that I removed the tooltips where this issue pops up, since mobile users don't really need them.

Hope that fixes it. If there's still an issue let me know.

(Best would still be to set JoiPlay to use the correct Ren'Py and python version.)

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
As I highlighted in the opening post. Update 16 doesn't need a mod update.
Since the game I'm working on was released into beta yesterday, I might work on some fixes and/or adjustments for a day or two and then I can get back to modding again. The updated textbox should be available with Update 17 or I'll make a mid-Update release when I get it done earlier.

Reactions: Ssato243

Ssato243

Feb 2, 2021
As I highlighted in the opening post. Update 16 doesn't need a mod update.
Since the game I'm working on was released into beta yesterday, I might work on some fixes and/or adjustments for a day or two and then I can get back to modding again. The updated textbox should be available with Update 17 or I'll make a mid-Update release when I get it done earlier.
thanks

Grimlar

Jun 22, 2021
Having a problem with the textbox/font in the Dark Assassin Android port, the game doesnt seem to be picking up the text settings. Ie what is shown on the mods UI page isnt what I see in the game. First image showing what is set in the mod, second image is what I see in the game
1000057109.jpg Screenshot_2024-03-31_152650.jpg

Reactions: RiamMar

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Having a problem with the textbox/font in the Dark Assassin Android port, the game doesnt seem to be picking up the text settings. Ie what is shown on the mods UI page isnt what I see in the game. First image showing what is set in the mod, second image is what I see in the game
View attachment 3495388 View attachment 3495385
Android might use a different "say screen". I will have a look when I have a bit more time.

Reactions: Grimlar

NastyKilla

Jul 23, 2017
Issue with using your mod if I have plain BG off.
1711961338053.png
As you can see the icons cover the last line of text.

If I have Plain BG on the text is all visible, same as if I don't have the mod installed.
The following is if your mod is not installed.
1711961543264.png

Reactions: RiamMar

NastyKilla

Jul 23, 2017
With some fiddling of your settings I was able to fix it. I had to bump the Height setting up above default to prevent the text being covered.
1711961788035.png

Reactions: Ssato243

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
With some fiddling of your settings I was able to fix it. I had to bump the Height setting up above default to prevent the text being covered.
View attachment 3498512
I'm pretty sure Riammar actually mentions that as a solution
Yes, that issue is known. The settings are made with the previous textbox, before I came around to add the "OG background". I will change the default values to a more appropriate height, when I update the textbox with the "autosize" functionallity in probably the next update.

RobLocksley

Oct 7, 2023
I saw various conflicting installation instructions... could the correct ones be put in the first post?
I didn't see 'good guy' route there anymore rather than specific story flags like one oddly set off, 'pleasuring Cinthia'... I did play the scenes with her, but recall she didn't want to lose virginity yet, but if we did other stuff, shouldn't that flag have been set on? I also don't think I went back and replayed yet, so weird that one is set off.

Last edited: