Mod Ren'Py The Fiery Scion Multi-Mod [Update 17][RiamMar]

Would you like to have the option to show the textbox ornaments?

• Yes

Votes: 183 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 6.2%
  • I don't care

Votes: 122 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge One Hand Clapping
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
title.jpg
Updated: 2024-03-24
Game/Creator: The Fiery Scion by Vander | - - f95zone
Modder: RiamMar | F95zone
Game Version: Update 12 (Part 1), Update 17
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Unified* Mod Downloads:

* works with Part 1 and 2, delete any pre v0.15d "game/mod/" folder.

Last edited:

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Update 11c is out. Having a look right now to see what changed.
Next mod update will be "huge" with route selection and optional auto choice selection for Kinetic Novel feeling.

Edit: Mod is updated, no new choices but the changes mentioned above:

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Reactions: Chrisdarock19

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
You know, I was soooooooooooooo close to being caught up with the Dev when the last update happened, I did a Vader NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO when I saw this game was updated, think I need a break from it, and now, I can indeed get one, because caught up with the Dev, and no problems from this mod what so ever. Thank you so very much for your work on this mod.

• Red Heart
Reactions: RiamMar

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
You know, I was soooooooooooooo close to being caught up with the Dev when the last update happened, I did a Vader NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO when I saw this game was updated, think I need a break from it, and now, I can indeed get one, because caught up with the Dev, and no problems from this mod what so ever. Thank you so very much for your work on this mod.
Glad you like it. :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: JenMistress

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
There was a problem with the route selection.
If you used that feature, please
  • re-download the mod
  • set all choice filter to "Off"
  • select your prefered route again
Cheers!

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I'm not sure what the poll is asking about. Is it the flourish between the character name and the text, or is it some technical feature I don't know about? (If it's the flourish, then is the poll about whether we want the option to be able to remove it? I'm confused on multiple levels ...)

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I'm not sure what the poll is asking about. Is it the flourish between the character name and the text, or is it some technical feature I don't know about? (If it's the flourish, then is the poll about whether we want the option to be able to remove it? I'm confused on multiple levels ...)
The top and bottom have a similar flourish in the original textbox. So I ask if I should spent the time to add a toggle to show/hide those elements of the textbox.

Specifically, I'm asking about the orange highlighted part shown below.
2023-09-05 00_02_29-The Fiery Scion.jpg

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
The top and bottom have a similar flourish in the original textbox. So I ask if I should spent the time to add a toggle to show/hide those elements of the textbox.

Specifically, I'm asking about the orange highlighted part shown below.
View attachment 2904460
First of all, that looks cool. Second, as long as you're doing that, might as well give players options, so I'll vote yes.

Third, is that something not implimented yet? Mine currently looks like this, and I don't see any setting to change it ...
Screenshot 2023-09-04 152538.png

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
First of all, that looks cool. Second, as long as you're doing that, might as well give players options, so I'll vote yes.

Third, is that something not implimented yet? Mine currently looks like this, and I don't see any setting to change it ...
View attachment 2904508
It's not implemented yet. The "spacer" between name and dialogue is hardcoded.

Reactions: Elhemeer

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Thanks to Uthuriel who pointed out an issue with the Route selection.
  • Relabeled the WT settings to "Route Selection" and "X/Y Route", to make it more clear for myself what that filter is supposed to do.
  • Checked and fixed choices to be filtered correctly

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022

Also, any chance you'll add safe-file naming?

EDIT: Just noticed the game version was changed, but site still says 11. Ignore my PING (except to change thread label?)

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Okay, have new game with updated mod loaded.

First, something I only noticed today: in the Walkthrough menu, Auto-choice Timer and Reduced Harem both have a single asterisk ( * ) to which there's only the auto-choice addendum.

Second, Reduced Harem was not on or off when I loaded the save (it was off before). I clicked on "off" and it highlighted, but just thought I'd mention it.

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Very nice mod! (y)

But your title show 11c while the game version in the OP shows 12.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Ooopsi, just crawled out of bad since we have a national holiday today. Will update the version number and asterisk thingy when I've got my pot of coffee :D

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Okay, have new game with updated mod loaded.

First, something I only noticed today: in the Walkthrough menu, Auto-choice Timer and Reduced Harem both have a single asterisk ( * ) to which there's only the auto-choice addendum.
The asterisk is fixed. Both Full/Reduced should have had two asterisks.
Second, Reduced Harem was not on or off when I loaded the save rn (it was off before). I clicked on "off" and it highlighted, but just thought I'd mention it.
Hmm, I remember having that issue and loading my save didn't have it. So maybe I fixed it and thought about uploading it, but didn't? I remember that I decluttered the SelectedIf at some point.

Anyway: Uploaded the full mod from my game folder rather than only updating the missing asterisk in the archive. Would be nice if you could re-download and test it.
If it still happens, I'd appreciate it if you uploaded your .save and persistent here, so I could have a look at the variables in you save.

Alternative to posting your save files, if you have the console activated:
  • Shift+O (Ooooh)
  • Copy and paste
    Code:
    for key, item in persistent.modCore.items (): print (key + ":" + str (item))
  • Make a screenshot of the WTFilter… at the end.
Added a file with a console enabler to this post.

Just had another idea.
  • Could you load that save and set the toggle if it's not highlighting On or Off.
  • Then save it in a new save (we don't want to ruin anything, so better save than sorry).
  • Load that new save and check again if the toggle is set now?
Maybe it's just something that is already fixed and I missed to register the variable in the modCore in the previous build.

Very nice mod! (y)

But your title show 11c while the game version in the OP shows 12.
Thread title and url should be updated. The link in Vanderer 's OP won't need an update, since the forum will realize the change in name. It's basically only working with the number behind the dot.

https://f95zone.to/threads/171360/

And thanks for the complement. The mod can only be as good as the game is and since my mod is probably not as good as your game… ;)

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Anyway: Uploaded the full mod from my game folder rather than only updating the missing asterisk in the archive. Would be nice if you could re-download and test it.
If it still happens, I'd appreciate it if you uploaded your .save and persistent here, so I could have a look at the variables in you save.

Alternative to posting your save files, if you have the console activated:
  • Shift+O (Ooooh)
  • Copy and paste
    Code:
    for key, item in persistent.modCore.items (): print (key + ":" + str (item))
  • Make a screenshot of the WTFilter… at the end.
Added a file with a console enabler to this post.

Just had another idea.
  • Could you load that save and set the toggle if it's not highlighting On or Off.
  • Then save it in a new save (we don't want to ruin anything, so better save than sorry).
  • Load that new save and check again if the toggle is set now?
Maybe it's just something that is already fixed and I missed to register the variable in the modCore in the previous build.

Thread title and url should be updated. The link in Vanderer 's OP won't need an update, since the forum will realize the change in name. It's basically only working with the number behind the dot.

https://f95zone.to/threads/171360/

And thanks for the complement. The mod can only be as good as the game is and since my mod is probably not as good as your game… ;)
Okay, I don't think I'll be able to recreate the on/off thing, and I'm not sure sending you a save would help (especially since I don't remember WHICH save was the one I used). I had been playing a new run in 11 when 12 dropped I saw you'd already loaded a v12, so I downloaded that and started playing from the same point in the new run. That's where I noticed the missing button, and I just hit "off" and sent the message and continued. I tried loading older saves and saves from my previous run, but they all came up with "off" selected, so not sure what I could do to try and recreate it.

Also, in case it wasn't clear (and even if this is redundant), the whole updating the OP link to your mod wasn't about updating for the thread update, it was about moving the link from your post in the game's thread directly to this thread (which V did, just before making his post).

Anyway, downloaded new, properly-asterisked version and it seems to be working. Thanks as always.

(also, in the middle of writing this, my brain mixed up this mod with another mod transitioning between v11 and v12 that recently went through massive changes ... not that its relevant, but just saying there was a lot of editing of this post before I actually posted it ...)