Mod Ren'Py The Fiery Scion Multi-Mod [Update 18][RiamMar]

Would you like to have the option to show the textbox ornaments?

• Yes

Votes: 183 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 6.2%
  • I don't care

Votes: 122 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I has a similar issue, where both choices disappeared.

Hitting the reset button seemed to fix it and brings up both choices, but it also turns off the 'Good Guy' and 'Harem' route filters. Simply turning it off leaves you with "Just get in the bath" but leaves the 'Good Guy' and 'Harem' route filters on. Turning it back on leaves you with the "Pleasure her too" option, but again turns off the 'Good Guy' and 'Harem' route filters.

It seems odd that pleasuring her too, isn't the harem option.
I'll probably reword the filters again. The "Harem" filter, filters the harem choices to not be shown. So "Filter Harem" off, shows harem choices.

As I said, I will have a look again and probably have it labeled more intuitive in the next version. Thanks for the input.

Shenhan

Apr 7, 2018
I'll probably reword the filters again. The "Harem" filter, filters the harem choices to not be shown. So "Filter Harem" off, shows harem choices.

As I said, I will have a look again and probably have it labeled more intuitive in the next version. Thanks for the input.
Oooooh, that... makes a certain amount of sense. The nature of language would dictate you've done it the right way, but I fully thought it was the opposite

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Oooooh, that... makes a certain amount of sense. The nature of language would dictate you've done it the right way, but I fully thought it was the opposite
Yeah, I struggled there a bit with how it technically is according to wording and how I would interpret is at first glance. But I stuck with the "technically correct" since I didn't find a good way to label it in a word or two to be technically and intuitively correct at the same time. :D

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Shenhan

Shenhan

Apr 7, 2018
Yeah, I struggled there a bit with how it technically is according to wording and how I would interpret is at first glance. But I stuck with the "technically correct" since I didn't find a good way to label it in a word or two to be technically and intuitively correct at the same time. :D

Your struggles may be happening because you have two conflicting concepts bundled into the same system. A filter removes options, but a route guide highlights them. So they kind of contradict each other. I'd pick one and run with it.

Personal preference on my part leans towards using a route guide rather than a filter. It fits in more with the standard system that most walk-through mods go by, so it'll be less confusing for players. e.g. selecting the 'harem route' would give you all the harem choices, Good Guy route gives you the good guy options etc. Then it just becomes a system of turn on what you want and turn off what you don't.

Reactions: RiamMar

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021

The age old design philosophy of "press bacon receive button" should be on your mind... also that's a huge chonker... :WeSmart: :KEK:

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
I has a similar issue, where both choices disappeared.

Hitting the reset button seemed to fix it and brings up both choices, but it also turns off the 'Good Guy' and 'Harem' route filters. Simply turning it off leaves you with "Just get in the bath" but leaves the 'Good Guy' and 'Harem' route filters on. Turning it back on leaves you with the "Pleasure her too" option, but again turns off the 'Good Guy' and 'Harem' route filters.

It seems odd that pleasuring her too, isn't the harem option.
So if I go the route to pleasure her, I wonder if that locks out some harem option in the future :unsure:
Edit: Nvm I forgot the toggles are opposite, so turning it off means its not filtering out harem, but showing the harem routes.

Shenhan

Apr 7, 2018
So if I go the route to pleasure her, I wonder if that locks out some harem option in the future :unsure:
Edit: Nvm I forgot the toggles are opposite, so turning it off means its not filtering out harem, but showing the harem routes.
No, no you're fine and that is the harem option. I'll do an edit of my initial comment to avoid further confusion.

Reactions: Phase_01

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
No, no you're fine and that is the harem option. I'll do an edit of my initial comment to avoid further confusion.
OOOOkay guys:

If you want to only to see Harem options turn "Don't Show" Harem Off

If you don't want to see the "Bad Guy" options (non present yet), turn "Bad Guy Route On

Or click/set the "Suggested Choices" to On

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

ArunPrime

Nov 5, 2022
View attachment 2862392
Updated: 2023-11-10
Game/Creator: The Fiery Scion by Vander | - - f95zone
Modder: RiamMar | - F95zone
Game Version: Update 12 (Part 1), Update 13b (Part 2)
Download:
Check "Route Filter" settings in the mod menu, if you switch between part 1 & 2!

Hello RiamMar,
I'm playing this game in joiplay and I can't see the mod menu option but mod is still working on update 13.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Hello RiamMar,
I'm playing this game in joiplay and I can't see the mod menu option but mod is still working on update 13.
Do you see the quick menu at the bottom of the game at all or is only the button for the mod menu not visible?

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Okay. thank you
I added a quick menu for variant "touch". The original "touch" variant only had like four buttons. So if you only had "Back, skip, auto, menu" you should be good with this version?

The file should be uploaded to the file sharing hosts. Please redownload, try and give me a short ping if it worked or not.

ArunPrime

Nov 5, 2022
I added a quick menu for variant "touch". The original "touch" variant only had like four buttons. So if you only had "Back, skip, auto, menu" you should be good with this version?

The file should be uploaded to the file sharing hosts. Please redownload, try and give me a short ping if it worked or not.
Yes it's working.
Now I can see the additional options mod menu and codex.
Thank you so much for fixing

Last edited: