winterlook

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2016
Every path with Dabna staying at your house seems to lock up the game when your crazed pitch fork wielding mother shows up.
There is just an end of content for that route if she is your slave. Only if she is your maid or if she stayed with Corporal there is a little bit more of content. Anything else that you spot?

Quicksilver

Aug 5, 2016
There is just an end of content for that route if she is your slave. Only if she is your maid or if she stayed with Corporal there is a little bit more of content. Anything else that you spot?
Every instance of Dabna staying at your house as a slave or a maid seems to lock up the game. Unlike every other route there's also nothing mentioning it's the end of the content. If she stays with the Corporal there is indeed more and it tells you that's all for version x.

Nothing else I can think of right now.

winterlook

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2016
Every instance of Dabna staying at your house as a slave or a maid seems to lock up the game. Unlike every other route there's also nothing mentioning it's the end of the content. If she stays with the Corporal there is indeed more and it tells you that's all for version x.

Nothing else I can think of right now.
So first you are saying that the half of the paths are bugged, but there is only one bug you can mention?

Quicksilver

Aug 5, 2016
So first you are saying that the half of the paths are bugged, but there is only one bug you can mention?
I said it bugs out on half of the dialog paths. Half may have been a slight exaggeration but every path involving Dabna at your house which is quite a few of them all bug out in the same way.

winterlook

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2016
Story might be good, but the engine .. for god's sake, haven't seen worse. Why don't you switch to Ren'Py for exaple?
Because I want to focus on story. I don't want builds to be full of bug fixes because I missed a line of code. GUI will be updated soon and I don't think you will notice the difference after that.

winterlook

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2016
I said it bugs out on half of the dialog paths. Half may have been a slight exaggeration but every path involving Dabna at your house which is quite a few of them all bug out in the same way.
Bugs is a problem for all games in alpha build stage. The only difference is - how many. I don't think my project is the most buggy you ever seen.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
No it isn't winterlook.. just play New Paths. Oh before you do, get bug spray AND a mallet! You'll need both!

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Well that is just rude...
@winterlook you have to realize that if we get a new version we will post it. We are glad you take time to post and reply in the forums but will always post a new version here if we get our hands on it or are given it

winterlook

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2016
@winterlook you have to realize that if we get a new version we will post it. We are glad you take time to post and reply in the forums but will always post a new version here if we get our hands on it or are given it
1) Public release was planed to be released just a week after patreons build. That is not long time to wait.
2) Sometimes this actions can be considered as cutting a hand that feeds. If a build gets shared after a day of release, patrons will stop support, because there are no reasons to support without having any benefits.
3) It looks like this link appeared here first and then send elsewhere.
4) I'm not raging or anything. I'm just telling you that my situation is too shaky and unstable to handle with this kind of issue.

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
I do and all admin here realize all the points you made but gamers are a impatient group and this is a pirate site, i understand where you are coming from but it is a pirate site and as i stated if we find or a given link will post it even if it a week before the public builds. This isn't the first time this has happened to a game developer on this site and we do appreciate your time you spend here.

winterlook

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2016
I do and all admin here realize all the points you made but gamers are a impatient group and this is a pirate site, i understand where you are coming from but it is a pirate site and as i stated if we find or a given link will post it even if it a week before the public builds. This isn't the first time this has happened to a game developer on this site and we do appreciate your time you spend here.
Alright, thank you for your polite reply.

FallenLondon

Aug 5, 2016
Personally I think releasing a build earlier for patrons is not a good way to thank the patrons. It happens more often than not such builds get shared prematurely, thereby removing the incentive for patrons as you have noted. I suspect trying to build a community on your Patreon-site is a much more effective way to keep donations rolling. But that's very hard to do, and will eat into your development time if you're flying solo. Maybe invite-only chats or development sessions together with your patrons on youtube/twitch (or are they always public? I'm sure there must be ways to accomplish this) are also an idea. But the release earlier for patrons idea is broken imo.

4.10 star(s) 81 Votes