Unity Abandoned The Eternal Feast [v0.1.0] [Yron Vol]

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote

nuclearnemo

Aug 5, 2016
He worked since november and only reached this far??? Almost one years work for only 3 minutes gameplay.
He actually gives updates on a frequent basis, so if you are a patreon you know what he has been up to. But to make it short, he an issue with an artist that could work on the game anymore, he redid most of the previous demo. And afcaurse the Voice dialogs take time. He actually has more work done already then that is present in the current build. So unlike other developers i believe that even do the updates might be slow he will deliver a good game in the future.

Edit: If you are interested, a development sheet they created:

Last edited:
May 30, 2017
He actually gives updates on a frequent basis, so if you are a patreon you know what he has been up to. But to make it short, he an issue with an artist that could work on the game anymore, he redid most of the previous demo. And afcaurse the Voice dialogs take time. He actually has more work done already then that is present in the current build. So unlike other developers i believe that even do the updates might be slow he will deliver a good game in the future.

Edit: If you are interested, a development sheet they created:
Thanks for information :) don't understand me wrong but i just found it wierd that with so long time to work he only made it this far. Well since i like the 3 minutes of gameplay, i really hope this game turns out good. I have high expectations but a little disappointed about how far he reached in one year. But now i understand why. :)

Can't wait for next update.

May 30, 2017
Ha! No update in 12 days? Almost two weeks without any sign of life. How long does it take to create a game? Next 5 min more gameplay update will probably not be done this year. See you in 2018!

Reactions: Dilettante

Nightcrawler

Carpe Diem
Donor
May 23, 2017
Ha! No update in 12 days? Almost two weeks without any sign of life. How long does it take to create a game? Next 5 min more gameplay update will probably not be done this year. See you in 2018!
How long does it take to create a game quite a long time.You seem to forget that in this genre they don't have multi million pound budgets and vast members of staff on the creation team, Infact many are doing it in their own front room in their spare time so i think you need to cut these guys and girls a bit of slack encourage rather than slag them off and if you can afford to do so stick your hand in your pocket and help them out

May 30, 2017
I was thinking of doing that, but it is taking way to long between updates for me to spend money on this project. I like the idea and the little gameplay is good, but it is to slow.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
I was thinking of doing that, but it is taking way to long between updates for me to spend money on this project. I like the idea and the little gameplay is good, but it is to slow.
There's always an excuse, huh?

How entitled do you have to be to complain about a game not having an update in 12, 12 freaking days? Do you have any idea how much money, time and effort something of this caliber and quality requires? Of course you don't. People like you never bother to see past their own noses, all you're good at is complaining and coming up with excuses to justify your cheap, lazy and entitled egos. If you're not supporting the game in any way then you also don't have right to complain about their progress. Period.

What pisses me off is how unreasonable people are - if a dev decides to take their time to make sure there's enough content to justify another update, people complain its too slow. If devs decide to release things in smaller, shorter bursts then people will complain there's not enough content and they're just milking it. This ins't your ordinary, run of the mill crappy RPGMaker game where the dev puts the bare minimum effort into it, releases a new 0.0.0.1 version and waits for the money to roll in.

The Eternal Feast devs are working on it in their spare time, so cut them some slack. If you like what you've seen so far and want things to hurry along then you're better off supporting them now, not after, because their next Patreon goal just so happens to be about dedicating an extra week day to the development of the game.

Last edited:
May 30, 2017
There's always an excuse, huh?

How entitled do you have to be to complain about a game not having an update in 12, 12 freaking days? Do you have any idea how much money, time and effort something of this caliber and quality requires? Of course you don't. People like you never bother to see past their own noses, all you're good at is complaining and coming up with excuses to justify your cheap, lazy and entitled egos. If you're not supporting the game in any way then you also don't have right to complain about their progress. Period.

What pisses me off is how unreasonable people are - if a dev decides to take their time to make sure there's enough content to justify another update, people complain its too slow. If devs decide to release things in smaller, shorter bursts then people will complain there's not enough content and they're just milking it. This ins't your ordinary, run of the mill crappy RPGMaker game where the dev puts the bare minimum effort into it, releases a new 0.0.0.1 version and waits for the money to roll in.

The Eternal Feast devs are working on it in their spare time, so cut them some slack. If you like what you've seen so far and want things to hurry along then you're better off supporting them now, not after, because their next Patreon goal just so happens to be about dedicating an extra week day to the development of the game.
The progress is way to slow. They worked with this game in 8 months and only managed to get 5 minutes gameplay. In the way i see it they milk the patreons of money. This isn't the ordinary RPG maker, it is crappier than RPG maker. 8 months and only 5 minutes. You need to wake up kid, you will probably be 67 years old when this is finished. I will support this when i can get a longer gameplay.

I don't know how much you can about creating games, but i can say this to you that i know a lot about it. I'm working with these kind of projects myself, creating games that you probably play on your PC, PS4 or Xbox. I know they are working on their spare time and i work in a company, but still 5 minutes gameplay in 8 months is too bad.

Sorry.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
The progress is way to slow. They worked with this game in 8 months and only managed to get 5 minutes gameplay. In the way i see it they milk the patreons of money. This isn't the ordinary RPG maker, it is crappier than RPG maker. 8 months and only 5 minutes. You need to wake up kid, you will probably be 67 years old when this is finished. I will support this when i can get a longer gameplay.

I don't know how much you can about creating games, but i can say this to you that i know a lot about it. I'm working with these kind of projects myself, creating games that you probably play on your PC, PS4 or Xbox. I know they are working on their spare time and i work in a company, but still 5 minutes gameplay in 8 months is too bad.

Sorry.
Videogame companies usually have entire teams of professionals dedicated to each section of the game, they work 8 hours per week day, sometimes more and receive a stable salary at the end of the month. The average time for a game to get complete under these circunstances are 2-4 years. Meanwhile, this small team works on their spare time with a super limited budget and chances are each team member lives in their own corner of the world under different timezones, which only causes even more delays. Its not reasonable to compare both situations and expect the same results and the same efficiency for both.

The Eternal Feast devs ran into some issues with the artists they hired and since this game is 50% art, it explains the delay. Its a bummer for everyone - those who support the game because they invested money in it only to get scraps in return and the author because they end up having to justify themselves for things that aren't always under their control. I understand the lack of progress can be discouraging but at least try to be a little more understanding. It sort of just pisses me off because people like you always complain but still end up playing the game anyway even though you did absolutely nothing for it, other people did. You're an ungrateful leech.

If you don't want to support them then that's your perogative but if I were you I'd keep that to myself in the future. By openly admiting you're not a patreon you just gained the disdain of everyone here the moment you opened your mouth to whine. People who are patreons can still be subject to arguments but at least they're contributing to something. Now do everyone a favor and just leave this thread, go do something else with your precious time and money and leave this game for those who are willing to wait.

Last edited:
May 30, 2017
Videogame companies usually have entire teams of professionals dedicated to each section of the game, they work 8 hours per week day, sometimes more and receive a stable salary at the end of the month. The average time for a game to get complete under these circunstances are 2-4 years. Meanwhile, this small team works on their spare time with a super limited budget and chances are each team member lives in their own corner of the world under different timezones, which only causes even more delays. Its not reasonable to compare both situations and expect the same results and the same efficiency for both.

The Eternal Feast devs ran into some issues with the artists they hired and since this game is 50% art, it explains the delay. Its a bummer for everyone - those who support the game because they invested money in it only to get scraps in return and the author because they end up having to justify themselves for things that aren't always under their control. I understand the lack of progress can be discouraging but at least try to be a little more understanding. It sort of just pisses me off because people like you always complain but still end up playing the game anyway even though you did absolutely nothing for it, other people did. You're an ungrateful leech.

If you don't want to support them then that's your perogative but if I were you I'd keep that to myself in the future. By openly admiting you're not a patreon you just gained the disdain of everyone here the moment you opened your mouth to whine. People who are patreons can still be subject to arguments but at least they're contributing to something. Now do everyone a favor and just leave this thread, go do something else with your precious time and money and leave this game for those who are willing to wait.
Hehe, you pay i play. :) Sounds good for me.

Still it is very slow progress. That is always an excuse, they will probably not finish this game at all. I will become a patreon if they can prove me wrong. But for now, i can let you pay for the game if you want to pay for a game with 8 months between every update with 5 min more extra gameplay.

Tell me in a few years when the next update is released. I will definetely try it out, IF it is released at all.

daedilus

Mar 11, 2017
Maybe dead... The Artist never got paid... Something about the creator whining about the 'quality of the art'...

Read more:

Reactions: Daveck

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
Maybe dead... The Artist never got paid... Something about the creator whining about the 'quality of the art'...

Read more:

I wonder why people love digging old stuff up... same thing happened in the Fenoxo forums yesterday about the exact same game. You're a couple of months late to that drama wagon. m0rv guarantees things have already been handled and the project is moving on Read the anexed convo posted by Apple_Mans if you're interested. That said, this really ins't the right thread for it...

Last edited:

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
new release TEF v0.1.0 (Start screen, pre-intro cut scene, intro) released 14 July

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote