Black Orchid

Sep 3, 2022
Could? You already did. I have seen plenty of games in the last 6 months that have significantly lower render quality than all 3 of the images you posted. You cherry picked your examples specifically to knock the render quality in this game.
this is not a bad game so i compared it with other games i believe have the makings to be very good as well. you woudn't compare a ferrari with a toyota, would you? i don't understand why you are being so hostile as well, this games renders are not up to 2024 standards, by the 2018 standards they are very good, however trying to claim that they can hold the candle to other NEWER games with GOOD standards is just pure delusion. i also could provide many more examples of games that look way better visually. in the modern VN market good renders are a must cause that is essentially what brings in the most players, this is pretty much evident by the amount of slop VNs that have only good renders to show for and are still VERY VERY successful. also i remind you that you can be critical of something and still like it, i think a ton of people keep forgetting about that.

Reactions: bbrZ72

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
this is not a bad game so i compared it with other games i believe have the makings to be very good as well. you woudn't compare a ferrari with a toyota, would you? i don't understand why you are being so hostile as well, this games renders are not up to 2024 standards, by the 2018 standards they are very good, however trying to claim that they can hold the candle to other NEWER games with GOOD standards is just pure delusion. i also could provide many more examples of games that look way better visually. in the modern VN market good renders are a must cause that is essentially what brings in the most players, this is pretty much evident by the amount of slop VNs that have only good renders to show for and are still VERY VERY successful. also i remind you that you can be critical of something and still like it, i think a ton of people keep forgetting about that.
Well, my retort would be Midlife Crisis. A game with solid graphic, but for sure not top regardless if 2018 or 2024. Yet, it is one hell of the game, cause the writting is top notch.
For another one Final Fantasy VI (PS1 edition), I've played it at the time of PS4/3 and already played other older titels, but even for a PS1 game the graphics are lacking. Yet, after some adaption time, I found it one of the best RPGs I've played.

Also the graphics, in my eyes are good and better than a lot what comes out in 2024. Could they be better? Sure, they always could always be better as another devs know that one too.
For me good graphics are enough, I can even live with so-so or little poor ones, if the rest of tge game is good and make fun.

So for me, the overall package is much more important than good or bad graphics. Also real life has the best graphic, but the rest is so-so. :cautious:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
in the modern VN market good renders are a must cause that is essentially what brings in the most players
I don't necessarily agree with this part.

One example which refutes it is Midlife Crisis (but seems like c3p0 beat me to the punch to it :HideThePain: ).
Other examples would be games like Light of my Life, & Karlsson's Gambit (there should be more, but those are the ones I remember lol).
The above 3 games it's not like people would even consider them good renders especially with the current 2024 standard, but are considered to have a pretty big player base and devoted following with them.

And yes, there are people who are just graphics whores out there, but like my droid friend, I'd like to think of the whole package.

In fact, as my sig says at the bottom, for me personally I'd put much higher emphasis on the writing than on the graphics.
They just are the bigger selling point to get me hooked on the games.

Black Orchid

Sep 3, 2022
Well, my retort would be Midlife Crisis.
One example which refutes it is Midlife Crisis (but seems like c3p0 beat me to the punch to it :HideThePain: ).
Other examples would be games like Light of my Life, & Karlsson's Gambit (there should be more, but those are the ones I remember lol).
there will be always outliers, that was mostly a generalized statement, but if you look at the VNs that do best numbers on steam the fucking and eye candy are usually on the forefront, not the story.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
I can't see a difference between the renders you posted personally. And frankly, the science behind how the eye sees enhanced graphics is pretty definitive. Beyond a certain level of quality the eye can't distinguish a difference. There's very little difference to the eye between 720p and 1080p and people who say they can see a difference between... I can't remember the exact numbers but let's say 1080p and 4k actually don't, it's all in their heads. To the eye there really isn't a difference beyond a certain level. The graphics in this game hold quite well 6 years later.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Well, my retort would be Midlife Crisis. A game with solid graphic,
I would strongly disagree. Just to be clear, I love the game. Depending on the choices you make, of course, it's very cute and romantic, but the renders are not what makes that game good.

Black Orchid

Sep 3, 2022
I can't see a difference between the renders you posted personally. And frankly, the science behind how the eye sees enhanced graphics is pretty definitive. Beyond a certain level of quality the eye can't distinguish a difference. There's very little difference to the eye between 720p and 1080p and people who say they can see a difference between... I can't remember the exact numbers but let's say 1080p and 4k actually don't, it's all in their heads. To the eye there really isn't a difference beyond a certain level. The graphics in this game hold quite well 6 years later.
so you're saying all the manufacturers selling high-res displays are scammers and all people that use them are delusional? do i even need to respond to this? :ROFLMAO:

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
so you're saying all the manufacturers selling high-res displays are scammers and all people that use them are delusional? do i even need to respond to this? :ROFLMAO:
Yes. Scientifically proven as such. I'll take actual scientific studies over some dude who doesn't want to believe that those fancy numbers convinces your brain that you see a difference when you actually don't.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Well, it will always depend on the size of the screen. If it is large enough you will need a higher resolution to avoid pixels clumping (not sure what the correct expression should be), if it is small enough, anything higher doesn't make a difference because the screen cannot display it.

Reactions: c3p0 and JJJ84

SoGood725

Feb 23, 2022
Hello. I seem to be stuck at this spot, it just doesn't progress further when I talk to her. This is in VN mode. Anyone have a solution?

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Hello. I seem to be stuck at this spot, it just doesn't progress further when I talk to her. This is in VN mode. Anyone have a solution?
Are you using a mod or cheat of any sorts?
If you are, then it is possible that mod or cheat you're using may be messing with your game.

Also, if you upload your save, I can test it out; I play tested the VN mode on the unmodded raw game and that section worked fine, and given other people who played & finished the VN mode haven't reported any issue on that part till now, I am left scratching my head why this happens to you.

B_I_T

Apr 10, 2020
edit: no need for update replay gallery still the same
edit2: when some1 uploads steam version will take a look if gallery needs updating
Cheat works in STEAM ver.
the Gallery Crash to desktop !!!!!

minibaer12

Oct 1, 2023
There is (or there will be) a compressed version or nah?
for you...
1716373396393.png
RESULT:

The DeLuca Family [Season 1] [HopesGaming] - Compressed

Win/Linux
[721 MB]
- MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

Mac [743 MB]
- MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Cartageno and c3p0

Jabbeler

Nov 29, 2021
Sadly don't work on macOS with M ship as we need a version ... than run on ARM, and 7.4.11 need rosetta and I will not install it for 1 game.

Really sad
I know the feeling, I have an Intel MacBook that is pretty powerful still and an ARM one just because off the split. Feels like when they stopped supporting 32 bit games. Sadly I can not see for a way to upgrade the script in an easy way.

randomusername2937

Apr 9, 2021
Went to go purchase on Steam until I saw the price. $16?!? BAD is $14, City of Broken Dreamers $10, Leap of Faith $11, Projekt Passion $12. All of those games are as good if not better than DeLuca and yet the developer is trying to charge more?? I think not. Perhaps when the quality and frequency of updates is as good as DPC or Caribdis, then I'll think about paying $16 for this game on Steam.

Reactions: astabro

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Went to go purchase on Steam until I saw the price. $16?!? BAD is $14, City of Broken Dreamers $10, Leap of Faith $11, Projekt Passion $12. All of those games are as good if not better than DeLuca and yet the developer is trying to charge more?? I think not. Perhaps when the quality and frequency of updates is as good as DPC or Caribdis, then I'll think about paying $16 for this game on Steam.
BAD is the most overrated game in the genre and not in the rests league, and PP is not at the level of the other three either.

Reactions: HornyyPussy
4.40 star(s) 491 Votes