VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - The Day of Reckoning [v0.1] [AdventureStudio]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Larry2000

When you first load up the game, it comes as no surprise what kind of effort was put into this first release... The main menu is empty and devoid of anything but the clickable icons. No image in the background and no music.

The best thing I can say about this game is that its grammar is not too bad. Everything is understandable and there don't seem to be any bugs.

The choices are neutral. No matter what happens, the son is still into showing off his wife to anyone with a pulse. And that's the crux of this game. It's more an Netorase game than a Netorare game.

The story itself is a man named Tyrone and his son Lucas reunite after time away. Lucas got himself a girlfriend and he loves seeing her touched, groped and ogled by everyone. Definitely something that isn't to everyone's taste. It's not a good story, and it doesn't execute it in a unique way, but it's serviceable for those that are into it.

The renders are really not that good. I don't know exactly the rendering style it seems like Koikatsu, but I'm not super familiar with it. They are VERY plain and have very little contrast so the scenes have them naked with washed out skin with little to no definition. The girlfriend is really hot in clothes she wears, but when she's naked it looks balloons are hanging their with the nipples barely having any visibility. The payoff of nudity was actually a detriment.

The models are SO plain! They are literally male characters with beards that the Dev made darker. Not much darker mind you, it looks like they got a tan. Then they go with the stereotypical racist name Tyrone as the MC.

Speaking of the characters. This one surprised me and the only reason why this is getting a 2 stars and not a 1. I was expecting this to go down the "The MC's father is gonna visit the son and steal his girl" when in reality it's the father who's encouraged by the son to look. The girlfriend is slutty as hell and doesn't care who watches. She gets groped by MC or a random dude and she's all for it. Not my taste, but it's less offensive to people like me than other themes that's for sure.

The scenes themselves are fine and standard fair. Basically all Voyeur scenes, one where MC is groping girlfriend, some foreshadowing about a deeper secret held by the girlfriend. Murder and intrigue. Stuff that can get better next update.

TLDR: As of now, there should be some polishing to be done. Models are boring and uninspired, renders are rather washed out. Scenes themselves aren't too hot and quality of life stuff like the Menu and music can use (any) attention. It's story can shape up to be something interesting and the MC is conflicted about his role in his son's life. One word of advice to the Dev, change the MC name from a very tired racist joke to something we can choose or at least something match the son's name Lucas which is decent.