• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
Can someone tell me or if theres a guide on
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
?
Saving Corey isn't implemented yet. Saving Khali results in an alternate ending, but was bugged and a variable was getting reset that shouldn't have. It might be fixed now or in the next update, but basically chose all the friendly Khali choices and then MC can go back and save her. And I'm honestly forgetting who Maya is at the moment, but I'm guessing it would also be an alternate ending.

This isn't directed at you specifically, but really just more a general commentary for everyone. There really aren't many branches to this game. All the actual branches just lead to an alternate early ending. The only two(four) real branches are if MC is resisting / agreeing with the killer, and if GG is resisting / agreeing with Jamal. This isn't an ORS, BaDIK, or most of the other top rated games, it has a pretty specific story the auther wants to tell, and there are only going to be slight variations in the scenes. Which is fine, I think a lot of the time developers end up with burnout because they're trying to BE those top rated game instead of sticking to their vision / ability.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rimenc and BangB420
Sep 12, 2021
Saving Corey isn't implemented yet. Saving Khali results in an alternate ending, but was bugged and a variable was getting reset that shouldn't have. It might be fixed now or in the next update, but basically chose all the friendly Khali choices and then MC can go back and save her. And I'm honestly forgetting who Maya is at the moment, but I'm guessing it would also be an alternate ending.

This isn't directed at you specifically, but really just more a general commentary for everyone. There really aren't many branches to this game. All the actual branches just lead to an alternate early ending. The only two(four) real branches are if MC is resisting / agreeing with the killer, and if GG is resisting / agreeing with Jamal. This isn't an ORS, BaDIK, or most of the other top rated games, it has a pretty specific story the auther wants to tell, and there are only going to be slight variations in the scenes. Which is fine, I think a lot of the time developers end up with burnout because they're trying to BE those top rated game instead of sticking to their vision / ability.
If Maya is the feminist girl, I think sleeping with her in the party is the clue to save her, maybe.

Reactions: Leongen43

Yougiblack

Sep 30, 2018
If Maya is the feminist girl, I think sleeping with her in the party is the clue to save her, maybe.
I meant "Mia Khalifa" forgot her name, khalida or whatever, and yea Ig the part of having this game without too many branches is a good change, atleast itll progress faster and we will enjoy more of it rather than having people fight about which branch should be worked on more than the others and which should be abandoned.

BangB420

Dec 11, 2021
Shitty storylines that got scrapped
There were some ideas that didn't quite make the cut for various reasons that I havent talked about this far, and they are of varying degrees of stupidity:

Monty acting like a perverted Homer Simpson caricature
While Gretchen is supposed to hold an important business meeting in front of the board group of MCX, Krystal blows monty beneath the table. Monty intercuts Gretchens presentation with innuendos and the other men in the board laugh at the spectacle while Gretchen grows increasingly frustrated trying not to lose control of the meeting.
Yeah, okay this is not something that would ever happen on the simpsons exactly but I scrapped it because it was way too cartoonish and stupid. Plus I never really designed Krystal to be a desirable character, more like a comic relief (although one user has come up with some interesting ideas how to evolve her character.) Savannah has largely replaced Krystal as the office rival of Grechen as the story progressed.

Corey helps out at the party
I believe I've already discussed why both doing drugs and using the gun during the party leads to essentially the same conclusion, but choosing the gun was originally supposed to lead to a Bud Dwyers ending (Jason blowing his brains out). I scrapped that idea since it would go against the first principle of game making - the player should not need the experience of past lives to succeed (as a matter of fact, Corey even advises the MC to take the gun, which is nonsensical from a gameplay perspective). However, when discussing the options to invite chaos to the party, it was originally planned Corey (if the MC had backed him up previously) would arrive just in time to save the situation when the PC is harassed during Truth or Dare. Corey would unleash a foam machine and turn the living room into a foam party, but inadvertently electrocute everyone at the party. The storyline would end with a segment on MCX where Krystal would detail the teenage suicide pact that led to the death of x number of teenagers. This ending was scrapped because it didn't particularly add anything but a gag and it goes against Coreys personality to do something like that accidentally since its already established he's very intelligent.

Monty being Jasons biological father
Eagle-eyed players might have noticed both Brett and Gretchen have clear blue eyes while Jason has brown eyes. While its possible for two blue eyed parents to have a child with brown eyes, I planted it originally in case I wanted to make Monty Jasons biological father, since it was a possibillity I wasn't sure I could make work within the story. There is also a scene in Part 2 when Monty discusses with Gretchen and emphasizes Jason being Bretts son in a suggestive way. I originally got this idea because someone close to me IRL found out as an adult they had a sister they had never met. This sister had lived her entire life thinking another man was her real father and it got me thinking.

The way this would have been possible would be either because Monty drugged and impregnated Gretchen years back while she was passed out or because they had an affair years earlier. I eventually decided against this because it was too stupid, soap opera-like and far fetched. It doesn't make sense for either Gretchen to have an affair with Monty nor for him to go that far to posess her. Since it wouldn't particularly add anything to the story and just be drama for dramas sake I just decided to give it the axe.

What far fetched storylines have you thought of? Are there any previous moments in the story you would have liked to see explored in a different direction?

Edit: after one player pointed me in in the right direction, I see Jason actually has blue eyes as well, so we can just ignore my ramblings here. Thought I would have realized by now what eye color the protagonist has after spending countless hours on this project.

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
The Copycat [v0.0.7] [PiggyBackRide Productions]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

Mac:
- MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD
You had a minor typo that prevent me to use search "compressed v0.7.0" for this tag:
Currently posted in the message " The Copycat [v0.0.7] [PiggyBackRide Productions] "
It should be " The Copycat [v0.7.0] [PiggyBackRide Productions] "

Just wanted to let you aware of that.

Have a great day and be safe... (y)

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
You had a minor typo that prevent me to use search "compressed v0.7.0" for this tag:
Currently posted in the message " The Copycat [v0.0.7] [PiggyBackRide Productions] "
It should be " The Copycat [v0.7.0] [PiggyBackRide Productions] "

Just wanted to let you aware of that.

Have a great day and be safe... (y)
Fixed, but don't know if it will get refreshed in the search or not, but searching compressed still brings it up.

Reactions: WheresLucifer

Krat0$

Oct 10, 2017
There were some ideas that didn't quite make the cut for various reasons that I havent talked about this far, and they are of varying degrees of stupidity:

While Gretchen is supposed to hold an important business meeting in front of the board group of MCX, Krystal blows monty beneath the table. Monty intercuts Gretchens presentation with innuendos and the other men in the board laugh at the spectacle while Gretchen grows increasingly frustrated trying not to lose control of the meeting.
Yeah, okay this is not something that would ever happen on the simpsons exactly but I scrapped it because it was way too cartoonish and stupid. Plus I never really designed Krystal to be a desirable character, more like a comic relief (although one user has come up with some interesting ideas how to evolve her character.) Savannah has largely replaced Krystal as the office rival of Grechen as the story progressed.

I believe I've already discussed why both doing drugs and using the gun during the party leads to essentially the same conclusion, but choosing the gun was originally supposed to lead to a Bud Dwyers ending (Jason blowing his brains out). I scrapped that idea since it would go against the first principle of game making - the player should not need the experience of past lives to succeed (as a matter of fact, Corey even advises the MC to take the gun, which is nonsensical from a gameplay perspective). However, when discussing the options to invite chaos to the party, it was originally planned Corey (if the MC had backed him up previously) would arrive just in time to save the situation when the PC is harassed during Truth or Dare. Corey would unleash a foam machine and turn the living room into a foam party, but inadvertently electrocute everyone at the party. The storyline would end with a segment on MCX where Krystal would detail the teenage suicide pact that led to the death of x number of teenagers. This ending was scrapped because it didn't particularly add anything but a gag and it goes against Coreys personality to do something like that accidentally since its already established he's very intelligent.

Eagle-eyed players might have noticed both Brett and Gretchen have clear blue eyes while Jason has brown eyes. While its possible for two blue eyed parents to have a child with brown eyes, I planted it originally in case I wanted to make Monty Jasons biological father, since it was a possibillity I wasn't sure I could make work within the story. There is also a scene in Part 2 when Monty discusses with Gretchen and emphasizes Jason being Bretts son in a suggestive way. I originally got this idea because someone close to me IRL found out as an adult they had a sister they had never met. This sister had lived her entire life thinking another man was her real father and it got me thinking.

The way this would have been possible would be either because Monty drugged and impregnated Gretchen years back while she was passed out or because they had an affair years earlier. I eventually decided against this because it was too stupid, soap opera-like and far fetched. It doesn't make sense for either Gretchen to have an affair with Monty nor for him to go that far to posess her. Since it wouldn't particularly add anything to the story and just be drama for dramas sake I just decided to give it the axe.

What far fetched storylines have you thought of? Are there any previous moments in the story you would have liked to see explored in a different direction?

Edit: after one player pointed me in in the right direction, I see Jason actually has blue eyes as well, so we can just ignore my ramblings here. Thought I would have realized by now what eye color the protagonist has after spending countless hours on this project.
this game needs to get what if ? like from the power vaccum game.

Reactions: BangB420

Dmob_6438

Dec 17, 2020
Hi um this is my first time playing this game, and I don’t know the routes for this game and I’m wondering does anyone have a walkthrough

BangB420

Dec 11, 2021
Hi um this is my first time playing this game, and I don’t know the routes for this game and I’m wondering does anyone have a walkthrough
Doesn't really need one, there's bad endings but it follows the same story with slight variations

Reactions: Krat0$

John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017

I think the decisions made were good. Though it would've been cool having Corey's help at the party. I'm excited to see what's in store for Krystal

Reactions: BangB420
4.20 star(s) 26 Votes