• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN - Ren'Py - The Copycat [v0.7.0] [PiggyBackRide Productions]

1. 2.00 star(s)

sunaboz

Don't know where such high rates are coming from when this game has average renders at best (I would say way below average for 2023, 2024 almost), stupid story and retarded choices. It's very easy to get premature game over screen here if you choose the wrong choice which is totally arbitrary and doesn't suggest in any way that it might end you. The story is also stupid, and the only horror I see here are some of the models that look just awful. It's a shame that we can't add some examples in the review because some are hilariously bad.

4/10 game at best.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

doubledigitshard

I can't wait to see where this one goes, the story drew me in almost immediately. It's rare to see an NTR game with even half decent writing, so "the copycat" has taken me by surprise so far. I really hope it doesn't get abandoned, it has a whole lot of potential and I can see it landing as a top 10 for me.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

admiralbulldog123456

Review for v0.0.2

Great early release for what will be a great quality story-focused game.

Pros:
    • The models of the game look good; at least those central character models.
    • The story and dialogue are amazing. The setting and plot are coherent and work well together. The dialogue makes sense and is not (generally) filled with cliches.
    • Good variety of outfits. A lot of games suffer from only having main female characters only wear one outfit. This game has already done quite well here.
    • Nice features off the gate; keeping in mind this is a virtual novel. The phone for example. Its not interactive or new perse, but it is being utilized well to tell the story.
    • Dev is great at communication. Updates are coming at very good pace, dev shares progress well for being new. And lastly, you can tell the dev is passionate about the type of story, or at the very least has experience reading the genre.
    Cons:
    • Some of the location scenes are a bit weak. Outside the school for example, quite evident the box is forming a cube.
    • Some of the side characters could do with a little bit more model refining. The principle's face for example looks a bit odd.
    • While most dialogue comes off really well, the black character dialogue could be scaled down a bit. Missouri accents are generally that intelligible in real life, but the sheer absurdity of the Missouri accent does not translate well to those unfamiliar in text.
    • There could be some work with the lighting and shadows.
    • The music is a bit inconsistent. Would really add to the atmosphere if there was more background music. Doesn't need to be for every scene and also important to make sure its not too much repetition of the same tracks.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Losersriot

1. Failure work with light and shadow. The image is either devoid of shadows at all or one continuous shadow. Half of the images are not visible, just a dark screen.
    2. Since there is no smooth transition between light and shadow, the npc seem flat, because it is light and shadow that create the visual effect of volume. That's why the dev tried to compensate for the lack of visible form by npc's geometry changing . As a result, the shapes of the mom turned out to be grotesque, funny. Not being able to work with light and shadow is a common problem.
    3. The plot is naive. The MC is supposed to be a loser, but I'm tired of fighting off crowds of women trying to sex with him! If that type is a loser, then who the hell am I!? This is ridiculous.
    4- Totally unnecessary, boring, teenage cop/maniac plot. This is just unbearably painful to flip through.
    5. In general, all the characters were interesting, but the behaviour of the girls, as in all games for teenage boys, ridiculous. MC no matter how he was a loser for them unconditional magnet. I think that even Jamal is not as successful with women as loser MC.
    6. I never got to see mom and Jamal's sex content. Must have clicked something wrong. Why does the son's decisions even determine the mother's choices? Doesn't she have a will of her own?

The game didn't completely disappoint me. Naive, simple, but it is funny and it is for its sense of humour that it deserves all three stars. Jamal and the gangsters are actually very handsome men.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

juneba

Really good game. Was pleasantly surpised with how much content was available in a first release (0.0.2) which was somewhere between 1 and 2 hours of playtime.

It's heavy with interracial tropes but the hits get airtime for a reason. I'm personally really happy that this is not the sharing side of Netorare. Your girls are getting stolen in this game and you're getting beaten up along the way.

The serial killer aspect of the game is a nice little touch and I'm excited to see where it goes and continues to tie in with the storyline. The mother's storyline is on somewhat of a slowburn and it's being done well. Her job at the news agency is actually really fucking good, I'm looking forward to where that goes.

Also, if you couldn't tell already, some of the game is pretty dark from the imagery and the Bad Ends, nothing is getting pussy footed here.

I plan on contributing to this game and look forward to the rest of it's development.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Mina492

Nice Game, I'm a fan of NTR video games, humiliation

This is the type of video game I like

with an interesting story

This game is well constructed with a cool and interesting plot

the video game is well organized, the pictures are well done

This makes you want to replay this video game several times