Unreal Engine Abandoned That time I got reincarnated but stayed a chump [Prototype] [Hedgecog games]

hofom77573

Apr 17, 2021
I can tell you for a fact it's because most game engines have to have workarounds in order to deal with Microsoft's input system, xInput.
Rather odd that RPG Maker can handle while the juggernaut Unreal Engine doesn't have some for the same effect. Lots of enthusiast and custom building code from scratch for common things is adorable nowadays. Hopefully they become popular and can afford or pirate such things. Glancing over some even generic controllers shouldn't be a big issue.

Welwigo

Apr 12, 2021
Rather odd that RPG Maker can handle while the juggernaut Unreal Engine doesn't have some for the same effect. ...
It's just a matter of how Windows operates. Three input methods means more complexity. The best method I've found is create a series of boolean properties. Up arrow, W, up on the D-pad, and Y- of more than 10% all make the "inputUp" set itself to True. Repeat this for the other three directions and all sixteen buttons. It's still really annoying how they don't have this built into most game engines despite PC users having easy access to game controllers for over sixteen years now. Especially considering you have to make your own debounce and input buffering code, which is really the annoying part.

DarkNessSun

Sep 2, 2020
The movement of the character is not good enough because it is very difficult to turn around with the mouse. As for the movement, it's not as fluid as it should be (to begin with, I've died 5-6 times the first play, encountered 3 monsters which doesn't seem difficult, but it's difficult because of the rotation or movement of the screen. Each mouse takes too much time to spin or exit each action, unlike NPCs or monsters that can move quickly and smoothly. So it's difficult to play when you have to fight a lot), but if you don't look at this point, it's considered a game that's done well, both visually, and overall atmosphere and others. (Except for fighting) but I can't continue playing because the stuck movement makes me feel dizzy after playing for a long time (in the future I'd like to help fix this point. It's the basics for the game first. and then do other systems or options in the next order)
[Skip to discuss code, engine or plug-ins as I'm not a very knowledgeable player in this area, I'm just playing and testing first.]
by Google Translate

xablaus

Mar 12, 2019
I'm really impressed with the quality of the game, for such an early state it has a very good combat sistem, needs some polish of course. Butt was realy fun

Reactions: N3koGuy

Hedgecog

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2022
Oke, for lurkers enjoyment I will share a picture of three (out of five) enemy types.
Big thanks to BaasB! I think my game would've died absolutely unknown on itch.io and gamejolt. Now there are at least some folks who wanna play the actual game, when it comes.
For those who want to know the main thing. There was a vote at my discord, and full degeneracy and full nudity won... as if it could be any other way.
I'd take some time to know this site better before doing more things here.
1657046613841.png
Hey look, boobs!
1657047251723.png

Hedgecog

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2022
Oke, lads, I'm gonna annoy you less, before something big. But today is "big day". I've finished first 5 pictures for our party!
Fitomeen.png OrdinaFly_Censored.png GippyWaterSit_Censored.png ReevaraLean_Censored.png TianiaStand_Censored.png

Reactions: N3koGuy