Wolf RPG - Completed - Thanatos [v1.61] [Triangle!]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Zell66

I'm usually prejudiced toward eastern games, since a lot of them are mass produced and lack both CG and story.

But this one is pretty good! CG's are nice, story is surprisingly interesting, there's both non-con and vanilla... And the gameplay itself is not too repetitive.
    5/5 recommend!
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Acerock

Decent game. Has a great premise and starts off strong right out of the gate. Evolution and karma system is innovative, and reminds me of some of those old monster evolution flashgames. The animation is kinda cheap but gets the job done, some scenes are reused, but the second route has new scenes for each girls. I like how if you tease the girls up to LVL 3 their moans get more erotic. Story is nice and the translation is good. Sprites in the city helped me feel immersed as well, and i liked the sound design/music. All 6 girls are well designed as well and there are variants of sex scenes depending on which monster you evolved into. 2nd route has more content.
    Time for the bad, there are only really 6 girls, and they get a few scenes each. I guess that's already pretty good considering they look great and are animated but I would've liked to have been surprised with more girls. There are two bonus girls from the creator's previous game with minor scenes.
    In reality evolving sounds great or whatever but the scene variants are pretty similar and are really divided into humanoid and non humanoid. I would've loved to see a branch of monsters even higher than the top tier to evolve into. There are only 10 monsters you can choose, I guess that's the problem with doing variant scenes.
    You can also rape nameless female NPCs but their two scenes are generic and close up.
    monsters dont particularly play all that differently aside from their one skill. A bit grindy but you can switch to Easy anytime you want. Battle sex is repetitive and getting the timing can be a bit frustrating but you can toggle a setting to make things faster.
    While I did mention that the story was good, the pacing is pretty fast and there's really no time to slowly corrupt or build up the girls, every chapter is just hunt them down, fight and rape. You can also do that outside the story missions as well for a different scene. While I didnt mind the story, this repetitive structure might be a turnoff for some people. Crafting is just there. Probably more essential for the second route than the first, however it didnt feel important at all and felt like it was just another checkbox the creator checked off.
    The game met my expectations but did not exceed them, enjoyed the girls a ton and can say I enjoyed my time spent on the game. 7.5/10 give it a shot, beat the first route and at worse, download the full save.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Soxie

One of the best hentai games tbh, gameplay is well made, it is not boring and not complicated to play. Plot is really great for hentai game, and I liked the ending of it. But i have one subjective problem, I needed some extra side-characters with ero-content, it is great that we have a big amount of content for our main cast (6 girls), but I realy wanted to see some interactions with other girls.
    5/5
  4. 5.00 star(s)

waitandhope

great game / cg is nice and the va is very very good / one of the best balance between lewd story and gameplay / gallery is easy to asset / fapable cg witth perfect voice acting / 10/10 best wolf rpg game
  5. 4.00 star(s)

BigDickCoolGuy

I’m surprised at how this game was able to do both vanilla and forced h stuff so well. Animations are pretty damn good, and they even go as far as to change the player character in h scenes to whatever enemy you were using. The plot and story, while not exactly the pinnacle of storytelling, also exceeds expectations for an eroge. Gameplay is okay. Pretty standard rpg stuff. Nothing special but it does the job. The only problem is that there’s not too much content, but the content that IS there is quality. All in all I’d say this is a really solid game you should give a go.
    If you’re like me and only want romance related stuff, you’ll have to go through the first “route”. Then you get to the good stuff afterwords.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

XWOLKX

I would score it as 4/5, but placed 5 cause now rating is something like 3,5, while this game does deserve your attention.
    I played this game without any spoilers and walkthrough, and want to say that it's full of surprises. Unusual (atleast for me) plot, okay gameplay and awesome scenes. Not only H ones, which made pretty good, but also cutscenes. Never thought that it can make game charas so alive.
    Still, I rated it 4 cause... as the game proceeds you might notice the lack of interaction. I do miss that.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

TastyDongo

The game is really enjoyable, cleared in about 5 hours.
    However 4 star because the progression of the game really fell short.

You have this kind of evolution line of monster but nothing is stopping you from farming karma and immediately reincarnate into the highest tier monster, making the mid-tier monster look kind of pointless.

I thought the main story will introduce you to different location but nope, it only goes until the misty forest and every area past that such as sewer, desert, etc... are completely optional.

On the NG+ , weapon/armor crafting is a joke, you can farm this final-boss-ish 2 times to craft an endgame equipment or you can just spend 9000 gold to buy it in the shop. Which by the time you can have over 100,000 gold easily.

Sex scene are good but the humanoid monster part just feel weird. Since you play as monster like goblin, orc, cyclops, lizards yet the sex scene is using a human figure.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

PepperMan

Neato game that might take just a bit too long.

I'll let other reviews talk in detail about the 2 part stage of the game (good/evil) and just note my issues with it because all the core gameplay (form change/crafting/combat) does it purpose pretty ok but isnt anything too special.

My core issue is that the game is a bit too freeform. I spent 4-5 hours in part one and traversed the entire map. This meant that when i entered part two and finally got gear crafting i was able to create top tier gear from the very start. Doing it this way is kinda dull because then the second part is in essence just a visual novel without real gameplay.

Combat with allies in part 2 is vastly different and easier that it was as a solo monster in part 1.

Had I achieved all this 6 hours I might have justified a 5 but it was a bit too long with its faults.

Summary: Its a decent game with a kinda neat narrative. I would recommend trying to finish part 1 as early as possible and spend the time farming crafting mats in part two so you dont skip the entire progression curve and have party customization.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

swe920

Pretty good game, i liked the plot idea a lot, really fits into the whole rpgmaker think, though i am quite tired of the turn based combat these games always utilize.

The art and animations are good, there's both the primitive sex gameplay at first, and then the story/good guy stuff in the second half of the game. And the NTR is basically just you fucking your girl as your past self i guess.

There's also a nice call back in the gallery to past games, fun thing to see :D
  10. 4.00 star(s)

omfgmule

Game should be enjoyable for most, posting a review as the game was so close to being a classic.

Firstly the actual gameplay, the world is set inside of a virtual MMORPG in which your consciousness is transferred to the game while you play. The gameplay is enjoyable with a wide range of unique art monsters to fight and kill, the fights have some level of tacticability to them when entering a new area, you have to use your spells & abilities properly even on normal difficulty, and on hard even more so, using things to "Trip" your enemies, or keep them stun locked as you knock down the adds, DOTs are useful and stack for huge damage which adds another level.

The world itself has a lot to do in the boss monsters placed in each zone and the numerous items weapons, armor that can be collected, the team has certainly played enough MMOs that they have recreated a proper 'solo-mmo' experience, evident in the main town itself in the dozens of NPCs they placed around which was nice, many games fall short of this and fail to recreate proper towns, and although theres only one in this game, they made it wonderfully with great day cycles and ambient lightning that makes the town enjoyable place to be in.

Art wise even though its censored each of the CGs are unique and well worth seeing, HOWEVER they come with criticism which is addressed in the following.

The story is where it falls short, the characters themselves are unique personality and appearance wise, and its great seeing each of them further in NG+. HOWEVER the game falls short in its core gameplay mechanic which is the MC can turn himself into numerous different monsters, BUT in H-art is only represented by a slime or regular human. Even if you pick orc/cyclops which are huge monsters (And they have heavy walking footsteps which was a nice touch) These are never represented in any CG, it will still be a regular human without even a tint of skin shade or anything. Conversely the slime does have different colors but this is just the same base CG with a different color based on which slime you are. This is less of the artists fault and more the game design / managers, as the artists would have been instructed to make completely humanoid art.

Additionally in NG+ there is the option of NTR but it's really weak and may as well have not been in the game at all, the CGs look great but it seems like it was shoe horned in rather then actually thought about, and falls short for anyone that likes NTR, and will clearly just piss off the people that don't, so its a LOSE LOSE situation.

Another on the concepts, the MC has the ability to change his body like said before, but this is only used (TWICE) out of the many CG, once in the first run, and once in the NG+ run (in the NTR scene) which was great but falls short for the former reasons, which falls to the story writers fault for not going further with it. If you're going to add NTR then do it properly or it'll just anger both the people who like it and those that don't.

I hope the studio makes another game of the sort and fleshes out their ideas, as this game was really close to being a 10/10, and I'm sure many that played it would feel this way too that just a FEW little things and itd be a h-game masterpiece.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Servalwi

Really good game.
    Thanks to TheDarkSky for the translation.

While the monster corruption is a bit lacking (no variety of humanoid CG, tentacles is just recolor, also no total mind break >_<), and the ending is a bit eh.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    It is a really good game. Animated, lightly voiced, bgm choice, lovable heroines. First chapter on second playthrough is best story moment.
    SO PLAY THE NG+ PEOPLE!

My best moment is defeating the "real" boss (God a.k.a Thanatos) in the first playthrough, though not much context to it at all, but it is a challenging fight. In the second playthrough it becomes super easy xD
  12. 4.00 star(s)

AlanDelon

I've got mixed feelings about this one, but it has kept me entertained for quite a bit.

The Good:
    -Interesting mechanics at the start. The monster reincarnation system almost gives you a feel of a 'tensei' story and game.
    -Game mechanics are easy enough so that you can focus on the story the game developers want to tell
    -The art is pretty good, as expected of Triangle. The character designs, while not wholly original, are pleasant on the eyes.
    -There is a duality to the story. Though gamers are spoilt in a sense where many games have multiple endings, I find both of them satisfying.
    -There's also some attempt at giving characters a bit of depth, though I wish it could have been more.
    -Music is fitting for the different environments visited

The Bad:
    -Too little variety of monsters. Was a bit disappointed there weren't more choices and more skills for each 'class'
    -The grind can be a bit heavy
    -Too little H-scenes. Felt that the change in the heroines' demeanors could have been greater to better express the different levels of pleasure they are experiencing.
    -Difficulty scaling does feel a little off. At most points you struggle to fight enemies, bosses and the main heroines, but once you do certain things it becomes easy and repetitive suddenly.
    -No real sidequests, making the game seem even more linear. I noticed this about Triangle games, so it might be part of their modus operandi, but sidequests give games more flavor and get you invested, even if just a little bit more.

Conclusion: Thanatos seems to be an enjoyable game in its own right if you lower your standards. However, it does feel, like what some reviewers mentioned, like the game has so much wasted potential - Like it's always missing that additional something to make it good in so many departments.

I do hope the game devs improve on their works.

Special mention to TheDarkSky as well for translating and bringing this to us!
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Sacmau0500

8h to play without walkthrough,this game is amazing
    tks fo trans,i like this story,monster,sound,girl art,...but ending some kind a...boring,part 2 i we aready know who are the boss and no ending for girls who love with mc,that kindna suck!
  14. 4.00 star(s)

Cuzline

Good game IN THE SECOND ROUTE

I finished the first route (without knowing that there was a second route) and I was completely disappointed that I end up cheating to beat god, thinking that there was probably more content. but no.

Then you start the second route, with a better story, better gameplay, more enjoyable and less focus on dumb revenge.
    And its so much better but its still not great, the maps look like there was supposed to have more content, with a lot of strange paths that lead nowhere. Its probably to remind you that you are supposed to be inside an actual game, like Crosscode, a game where you ara into one game that have is own story (that you will never read since is not important to your story, but it's there if you are insterested)

It's a good 3.5 stars
  15. 3.00 star(s)

Goldspark1

Well, have to be honest. This game is not for me. I enjoy Hentai games as much as anyone else. I just don't like the part where you play as the villian. With that in mind, here are my thoughts.

First off, did enjoy the level system and different monsters you can play as. Each monster fought differently. The only problem was you had to upgrade each one individually so their was a lot of training crunching. The levels are not that spread apart to feel like a huge drag but it did get annoying.

The hentai scenes are great. Bonus points for having the hentai scenes actually affect combat.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

Shadrag7

Interesting game. The first part was pretty dark and close to my limit but the second one was more enjoyable for me.
    Two things that wouldve made this game more enjoyable for me personally:

1) I wouldve liked a choice wether to go the good or bad karma route without being forced to play them in order.

2) It wouldve been nice to have character specific endings depending on the sub quests chosen in the good karma route. The ED2 was pretty bad.
  17. 1.00 star(s)

playa2

-alright lets cheat and get 999 items which give you 100 k exp so i can level up all my monsters ...done
    -now let's explore the world ,lots of monsters who cause status effects like paralyze and confusion without having any equipement to counter that ,tough pointless bosses who don't give anything special except exp and gold ,battle sex aka see the game switching between two censored pictures (animations) while the girl is ahh ahh ,ok you made her cum back to battle you won goodbye .
    - this is boring let's check the strory , auto loss ,girl nooo don't kill this weak monster ,well the grind was worth it especially for those who play without cheating
    -delete
  18. 4.00 star(s)

KofiCatto

A decent game with fun gameplay
    A bad and a good one :confused:

+
    Great combat
    Lots of characters
    Various H scenes
    Animated and voiced

-
    H scenes are not that well animated
    Still struggling at level 100
    I didn't know I can pick up certain items from the ground
    Grindy

(y)(y)(y)(y)
  19. 4.00 star(s)

patsuan

I won't spend details on the review, those below already say it all. To sum up, A quite good H-game. The graphics are gorgeous (be it the artworks or the game itself) followed by well done "animations" and erotic voice acting. The plot is quite interesting and does rather a good job to immerse us despite its short duration. The game foundations is vast but is wasted by the lack of content for what the game could bring. This is the biggest and only downside. The game ultimately failed to bring out all of his potential. Such ressources spent but for almost nothing. As a "game", it falls really short. But if you want a good fap, then definitely go for it.
  20. 4.00 star(s)

TTsuyuki

I'm really conflicted about this game. On one hand it has one of the strongest foundations i have ever seen in an H-game, with amazing animated artwork, a great looking map area with a lot of cute custom sprites, a bunch of different systems to keep you engaged and a difficulty that is actually fairly challenging. But then you realize that the H art gets wasted on extremely generic scenes with no buildup leading to them, the map area is pretty but completely devoid of any meaningful things to do to the point where even all the quests don't take you to every area in the game, all the gameplay systems looks complex on the first glance but turn out to be wide as an ocean but deep as a puddle and the difficulty swings wildly at different points of the game instead of slowly getting more and more challenging and complex.

Still, it's far better than most of the garbage that gets put out so it's definitely worth a try.