HTML Text-Based Adventure Game Tech-demo

rainbowpunfz

Dec 4, 2017
HI!

I am building a framework to easily allow one to write old school text based adventure games targeting HTML, and with that framework I intent to write games. If there are enough people interested in writing similar games or just messing about with it, then there is a decent chance that besides the games, i will also release a presentable version of said framework (read: after i've removed all of the duct-tape, have done some proper documenting, and generally idiot-proofed the whole thing)

for those that are interested in the game:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

for those that are interested in making your own game:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
currently planned features (off the top of my head) include:
more story/game
undo's
temp auto save\load on accidental closure
save\load to file
repeat
wait
image packs support
visual/mouse navigation
command history
command autocomplete

Next update i aim to provide more of an alpha version of the game with actual gameplay/mechanics. If possible this version will also include some of the currently lower hanging fruit w.r.t. planned features, such as undo's and/or image packs (for the more visually stimulated among us).

Any critique, feature requests, suggestions, bug reports regarding either the game or the framework are of course highly appreciated.

You can find the Tech-demo .

There are some comparability issues with firefox with this version, it is best played in chrome.

Last edited: