VN Ren'Py Tears in Rain [Prologue Reworked] [Ethereal Studios]

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes

_MooSe

Apr 1, 2023
Ok so here we have yet another game with the same generic faces we have seen in a million games before. I don't get it. In real life you have a lot of attractive women and they all look different. They have flaws and imperfections wich make them interesting and attractive and yet, every single game uses these generic flawless bimbo faces. Are there no other models available? When i look at that picture there are 5 women and they ALL LOOK THE SAME.
i kinda feel you bro.
On the other side ( i have some experience with game dev, and a tad with rendering) if this sounds so simple, why didn't you create your own renders yet? Go ahead bro, show us how it should be done. ;)

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
i kinda feel you bro.
On the other side ( i have some experience with game dev, and a tad with rendering) if this sounds so simple, why didn't you create your own renders yet? Go ahead bro, show us how it should be done. ;)
On the other hand, why should he? He doesn't need to be able to produce renders or develop a game to have a relevant opinion about it. That's not something you ever need to do, you don't need to be able to do something to judge its quality, you just need to know ABOUT it, not how to MAKE it.
That's the most worthless argumentation possible.

drbadtouch33

Jul 24, 2017
Can you please allow us to skip transitions? I don't like waiting. I ended up skipping a good chunk of this because its already very wordy, it doesn't help that I have to wait a second or so between clicks to get to the next bit of text.

_MooSe

Apr 1, 2023
On the other hand, why should he? He doesn't need to be able to produce renders or develop a game to have a relevant opinion about it. That's not something you ever need to do, you don't need to be able to do something to judge its quality, you just need to know ABOUT it, not how to MAKE it.
That's the most worthless argumentation possible.
I agree with you in some parts. But if someone thinks the whole body/hair/makeup/clothes is just "one of 5 available models" it just shows how little they now about the discussions' topic.

Also, i just gave my opinion on his opinion*insert Inception gif here*. Nothing wrong about it lol :D Didn't mean to sound like it was personal

• Angry
Reactions: Steve23x

yandex

Oct 17, 2018
Ok so here we have yet another game with the same generic faces we have seen in a million games before. I don't get it. In real life you have a lot of attractive women and they all look different. They have flaws and imperfections wich make them interesting and attractive and yet, every single game uses these generic flawless bimbo faces. Are there no other models available? When i look at that picture there are 5 women and they ALL LOOK THE SAME.
Maybe, they look pretty distinct and different to me, but the most important thing is that they all look smoking hot, seriously the first thing in any game I look are the girls, and if they are not attractive its a no go for me. Some games obviously struggle with render quality in that every thing looks bad, but in some games the quality is really good but the damn girls are sooo unattractive, real waste.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I remember playing this a few months ago then forgot about it for a while
I'll have to remember to keep a closer eye on it
Because I really liked what I played of it

Before I Forget

Sep 4, 2021
It's totally understandable that life tends to get in the way of things, that said it gets debilitating so games with high quality fade away while the more mediocre and lackluster ones thrive.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Personal Update and Tears In Rain Status Report

Hey there.

I wanted to share what's been happening in my life and why I've been absent from Patreon.

Where I've Been and What Happened:

As mentioned in my Discord announcements, my dear mother passed away in June. I couldn't really do anything productive for a long while, and her absence left a very big strain on my family. We had to relocate and whatnot, which made me take up a writing gig that I later resigned from because of the time sink it was causing me, as I look after my father and study at a university as well.

Why I'm Back:

Now, we've settled in closer to our relatives, and things have become a bit more stable, allowing me some free time. My time away has given me a broader perspective and a deeper appreciation for my fellow developer friends, patreons, and the good people I've met over time in this community.

Update on Tears In Rain in terms of development:

In the last month, I've closely examined all the positive and negative comments about the Prologue and I've noted down the most repeated aspects which were brought up.

Renders were appreciated more than the Writing:

I am by no means a professional writer. I had a co-dev with me at the very beginning who was the original writer, later down the line we started having creative differences and he left the team. I took up the writing part as well, changed most of the prologue and things which the previous writer added from his pov and taste.

I have tried to give my best to the writing, and I understand I have my limitations.

So, I've been back on the drawing board again with the Prologue fixing writing mistakes, confusing elements and the lack of clarity.

The Story:

I've also zoomed out and have taken a birds eye view of the whole story and plot, tweaked things there, cut some elements which weren't fitting as well as I thought first. Added more depth to characters, their backstories, how they fit in the narrative etc (Still working on some).

I've also noticed the comments about lack of girls in the Prologue. Jeez guys relax it's a prologue, give it some time. The girls will show up.

What's next:

I'm currently reworking parts of the Prologue, fixing some scenes that need more context, some character models that need fixes, and fleshing stuff out before I jump into Chapter 1.

I will once again say that I do this VN in my free time/part-time.

And I'm incredibly grateful for the understanding and support during my absence.
smeagollum_2.png Missin u Dr. Psych!

Last edited:

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020

mal3.png

Prologue Rework Previews
I had to be away for a little while because of my mid term uni exams, but work is still going in the right direction. The supposed rework of the Prologue will have dialogue changes, and some scenes will be revamped to help the narrative flow. I threw in a side boob too, so enjoy.

Future looks bright.

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes