Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

s4msepi0l

Jun 20, 2017
that version string tells me that the developer does not know much about versioning and probably not much about software development either
He just wanted to make it seem like the last version before 2.0 was released, but as we saw in the alpha there was still several renders missing both from scenes he already put in the game and scenes that were missing as a whole.

Reactions: January2015

mr.rooter

Jun 3, 2017
^agreed. I’m not complaining as I am not a patron of his, however it does seem like dev is taking advantage of his patrons. At this rate he should really be charging by the update. I mean it’s been what 4-5 months since last update and every week or so he claims it will Be release in a day or two, only to state something has come up to delay the release. Really doesn’t seem right to me but it’s the patrons money to do with what they please.

Reactions: Lenor

xb

Nov 9, 2017
I'm sure the release will be tomorrow. Just like the sign in bars "Free beer tomorrow."

kzk0987

Sep 6, 2017
I see this game is listed under the corruption and mind control tags, but from the synopsis and from seeing people talk about it a few times it doesn't seem so to me.
So, what are the MC and corruption elements in this? Does the game have a lot of said content or is it just an afterthought?

Reactions: Lenor

xb

Nov 9, 2017
I see this game is listed under the corruption and mind control tags, but from the synopsis and from seeing people talk about it a few times it doesn't seem so to me.
So, what are the MC and corruption elements in this? Does the game have a lot of said content or is it just an afterthought?
It used to have them. Don't know if it has them now since Patreon has decided it is now the morality police.

DOA40

Jan 20, 2018
So, I just have a quick question. I keep seeing that there are the scenes with Kait, Meghan, and Sara, but I have yet to see them in the game.

Sara: Supposedly, you get her to do something, but any time I go to the library, there is no conversation to be had.
Meghan: I heard that you can get her to flash you her boobs, but I always just have a conversation with her and nothing else.
Kait: So, I heard if you get the pictures of her with the alcohol and drugs, you can get her to do things, but everytime I try blackmailing her, nothing happens.

Were these scenes removed or am I just missing something, because I've gone through the walkthroughs and I can't get these scenes to trigger.

If it is the first one, I sure hope they are restored in the new update.

Goldy

Nov 14, 2017
Some updates from Deem.
i'm been working on it since like 5pm yesterday. i don't get how it's taking so long either. i did end up changing some stuff with the classes that took 3 or 4 hours total probably. it wasn't strictly necessary but it would be hard not to break saves if i held off and did it later
most of the reest is this dotty animation. it's been absurd trying to get it to work right, on every end of things. Thing is made up of 13 different video files. Renpy's video features are nearly nonexistant and mostly undocumented. it's very hard to have the animation line up when it's interactive and you're using a lot of transitional animations (i.e. not loops). you can't just queue them up like you should be able to. and you don't know how long the animation is going to play for if it's a loop.
I mean i think i have a janky solution worked out but occassionally you'll just get inexplicable behavior

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
Puzzled why so much effort is being put into the Dotty bit. If it's that much hard work to put in what is effectively a joke scene why bother? Would make a lot more sense to focus on real characters in the game that people are more invested in.
Yeah I mean, if it's a massive headache, shelve it for the next update imo.

Reactions: atlas114

Banshee647

Oct 29, 2017
So, I just have a quick question. I keep seeing that there are the scenes with Kait, Meghan, and Sara, but I have yet to see them in the game.

Sara: Supposedly, you get her to do something, but any time I go to the library, there is no conversation to be had.
Meghan: I heard that you can get her to flash you her boobs, but I always just have a conversation with her and nothing else.
Kait: So, I heard if you get the pictures of her with the alcohol and drugs, you can get her to do things, but everytime I try blackmailing her, nothing happens.

Were these scenes removed or am I just missing something, because I've gone through the walkthroughs and I can't get these scenes to trigger.

If it is the first one, I sure hope they are restored in the new update.
all of those are in the older version of the game before patreon changed their policies and decided that blackmail and corruption were no longer okay with what they stood for,

Rumplewalrus

Jul 15, 2017
Puzzled why so much effort is being put into the Dotty bit. If it's that much hard work to put in what is effectively a joke scene why bother? Would make a lot more sense to focus on real characters in the game that people are more invested in.
Honestly having worked on major projects that have tons of small details - as another poster mentioned earlier - you eventually get to a point where EVERY small detail matters.

I'm not joking to say that I've stared at a technical manual, and on page 400 something I'm stuck in the middle of a paragraph deciding whether or not this should be a colon, and then a list afterwards OR a period and then separate sentences afterwards. I spent like two hours on that because technical writing is like working for the Futurama Central Bureaucracy.

So I can imagine with this animation he's working to make sure everything fluidly connects without any stutter or weird bits happening.

And if it's true that there's some basic video control that's entirely missing from Ren'py - and that all of it is undocumented - then that sounds like a major part of Ren'py is lacking. Since Ren'py is open source maybe some community members would like to jump in and help make Ren'py a better engine so creators like Iredeemable have a better platform to work on.

At the end of the day we're here for Deem's creative work - not his technical work - and if he's getting exhausted on technical problems then I can only imagine it's hard to be creative afterwards.

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes