VN Ren'Py Tangled Threads [Development Thread]

Redwood Watch

Feb 29, 2024
Banner_no_text.png

Hello, I have been playing AVN’s since 2018 and have decided to have a crack at creating one myself. The story itself is largely inspired by contemporary fantasy books though many other influences will be apparent. Since the inspiration is mainly from novels this will be a story heavy slow burn AVN. This development thread is set up as a means of garnering interest and feedback for an AVN that I am currently working on, Tangled Threads.

Story

Guards lay in a pool of blood, the prison wall has crumbled, and the Tainted Son walks free.

You play as MC (customizable), a guy who is down on his luck and going through it right now. Working a dead-end job and unable to pay for college his life seems to severely lack direction and purpose.

Heading home one day, after a particularly gruelling shift, MC is attacked in an alleyway by random muggers. After suffering a near fatal wound something awakens inside him, giving the strength to hit back before passing out due to the severity of his injury. As the consciousness slowly leaves his body a group of Keepers step in to deal with the muggers and save MC’s life.

He now finds himself caught in the middle of an underground fantasy world where magic reigns and allegiances are twisted. In a society where danger lurks at every turn, he must harness the magic within him and unlock the secrets of this mystical realm to stand against the encroaching darkness.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Characters

MC
MC_Dev.png

A guy down on his luck and searching for a way forward in life. Financial constraints forced him to abandon his dreams of attending a prestigious college. Instead, he found himself toiling away in menial jobs just to make ends meet. That is, until MC discovers a spark of something more inside him.

Ruby
Ruby_Dev.png

A Keeper by calling, Ruby is guided by a strong sense of duty and justice for what she believes is right. With every innocent saved and each word of encouragement she offers, she embodies the spirit of heroism that drives her forward.

Lex
Lex_Dev.png

Lex had always been drawn to the thrill of a good fight and the rush of adrenaline as she faces off against formidable foes. Becoming a Keeper provided her with a sanctioned outlet for her combative spirit, a way to channel her energy into a cause without fear of retribution.

Sable
Sable_Dev.png

Once on the wrong side of the law, Sable finds herself a Keeper through a bargain, her past deeds haunting her every step. Yet, despite her reluctance, she knows deep down that this new journey offers her a chance at redemption, a way to atone for the sins of her past.

Mila
Mila_Dev.png

Mila is a nonconventional personality when it comes to the Council's enforcement arm. Her kind soul and healing touch stand out amidst the stern faces and scared tissue that define her colleagues. While others wield authority with a firm hand, Mila approaches her duties with empathy and compassion.

Gameplay

Tangled Threads is a slow burn story with choice-based branching paths that will define the shape of the story and how others will see you. Currently, I do not plan for any mini games or large free roam sections. Music and audio are planned to be in the game.

Release date

I have no planned release date at this time but have written about 80% of the script (which should come in at around 800-1000 renders) and have become comfortable enough with DAZ that it shouldn’t pose too much of a problem when posing and rendering the scenes. I won’t be able to give a time frame of completion at the moment, but I will let you know in the future. I will do an update post roughly fortnightly to share progress and some renders.

So if anyone likes what they see here and wants to support future development or ask questions in a more casual environment, here is the Patreon, Subscribe Star and Discord:

Thank you for reading my thread!

- Redwood Watch

Last edited:

Redwood Watch

Feb 29, 2024
To answer some repeat questions I have gotten so far:

Will there be any male/male content?
No

Will there be any futa/trans content?
Maybe later in the story, but it will be optional

Reactions: VNwhiteknight

submissive -Ben83

Feb 16, 2020
I am looking forward to playing this game damn thr girls looks gorgoeus such goddessses, which girl will be femdom? i hope all of them. I want to be tied up and made to worship the ground they walk on lol beautiful :p

Reactions: bulifun

Redwood Watch

Feb 29, 2024
I am looking forward to playing this game damn thr girls looks gorgoeus such goddessses, which girl will be femdom? i hope all of them. I want to be tied up and made to worship the ground they walk on lol beautiful :p
Thanks for the comment Ben. Most will have femdom from light to medium, the medium femdom route girl will be introduced in Chapter 2

Last edited:
Reactions: submissive -Ben83

submissive -Ben83

Feb 16, 2020
Thanks for the comment Ben. Most will have femdom from light to heavy, the heavy femdom route girl will be introduced in Chapter 2
Oh fuck yeah i dont mind abit of heavy femdom as long as i dont have to get pissed on and drink it ewww lol ballbusting too is a turn off but i dont mind a little squeez to submit lol.

I am more of a blonde guy with blue eyes so seeing her is a plus for me lol but as i said before their all gorgeous. I am very excited to play this :):D

submissive -Ben83

Feb 16, 2020
Hey, some people love ballbusting and would even consider it central to the theme of femdom.
Yeah i know i just dont like BB when i play femdom games if they have that content. If people are into it fair enough no worrys but its not my kink :D

Redwood Watch

Feb 29, 2024
I've changed it to medium from heavy because its occurred to me that heavy has way different connotations between me and a user called submissive-ben83

submissive -Ben83

Feb 16, 2020
I've changed it to medium from heavy because its occurred to me that heavy has way different connotations between me and a user called submissive-ben83
If it can be avoided fantastic if not i will put up with it, they have BB in karlssons gambit i dont know if you played it or not but yeah its not avoidable so i put up with it. It's the devs choice their story.

I had a thought last nite that if a girl ever kicked me in the nuts and tied me up whilts i was down that would be hot lol pleasure and pain i guess :love::love:(y)

submissive -Ben83

Feb 16, 2020
I was wondering if you could share any of your femdom renders? if you cant becos of spoiler i understand, again i am really excited to play this game :)(y)

leo5298

May 23, 2022
If it can be avoided fantastic if not i will put up with it, they have BB in karlssons gambit i dont know if you played it or not but yeah its not avoidable so i put up with it. It's the devs choice their story.

I had a thought last nite that if a girl ever kicked me in the nuts and tied me up whilts i was down that would be hot lol pleasure and pain i guess :love::love:(y)
It's not even about receiving pain, though that can be a part of it for some. It's also that it's a major vulnerability that is unique to men, which can be exploited by women in a very emasculating way, but also requires a certain level of power to even be in a position to abuse a man's most prized possession in the first place. BB/CBT is, to me, both the ultimate cause/means and expression of female domination. Most VN that feature CBT focus it on the player but, honestly, I think it could be just as hot to be dominated by or romance a female character that would otherwise just abuse other men in that way too. Some times even just a light tap can be used to playfully remind a male character that a woman can just fuck with him, in a very emasculating way that cannot be reciprocated, and just get away with it.

Last edited:

submissive -Ben83

Feb 16, 2020
I dont mind light taps on the balls and tied up cock and balls thats about it for me. if it is in the game i will put up with it same as i do in karlssons gambit

Redwood Watch

Feb 29, 2024
Just to set expectations, since this VN will be more on the slow burn side, scenes like that will be much further into the story and I am only releasing chapter one at the moment.

Redwood Watch

Feb 29, 2024
Writing for Chapter 1 is now 100% complete!!!
It has been sent to an external editor and in the meantime I will be working on the art so I will have plenty of raw renders to show you guys. Thanks for showing interest so far, plenty of work still to do but progress is being made!

• Love

Redwood Watch

Feb 29, 2024
We are so back.

Work has finally chilled out and Easter is over so I am back to posing and rendering scenes, I currently have one scene done out of eleven. The editor came back and was really positive about the whole script (with such quotes as "I am genuinely intrigued to see the release version") which I am very happy with.

Here is a fun little render I did last night to work on my lighting, work continues.

Thanks!

pyro.png

• Red Heart

submissive -Ben83

Feb 16, 2020
We are so back.

Work has finally chilled out and Easter is over so I am back to posing and rendering scenes, I currently have one scene done out of eleven. The editor came back and was really positive about the whole script (with such quotes as "I am genuinely intrigued to see the release version") which I am very happy with.

Here is a fun little render I did last night to work on my lighting, work continues.

Thanks!

View attachment 3501191
If she is threatining me to get on my knees and lick her cunt before she kills me with that weapon i will not argue and obey :love:. She is gorgeous