RPGM - Tales of Ghost Camp [v0.3.1] [starchest]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Anonon2142

3.1 is so buggy that it's currently unplayable for me. I really like what I see, except why is it game over when a girl gives me a handjob? what am I? some kind of MGTOW virgin crusader?

It's a shame because I really love the art and assets I see, I'll definately check out later because I love erotic horror stuff
  2. 2.00 star(s)

ferriol

Good potential, but don't bother playing until a few months down the line.

The main exploration mechanic isn't the worst, but the game is fundamentally broken on multiple levels. There was one issue where I had to constantly spam the "next" dialogue during a cgi cutscene to progress it, only for the prompt to remain after the cutscene and interrupt gameplay until I restarted and reloaded my last save. There was another issue where, after leading an npc from the save room to piss and returning back to the save room, the character kept walking into a couch in an attempt to do some in-game cutscene.

There's also some issues with the core gameplay mechanics:
    • The flashlight is both useless and runs on a limited battery power with a vague indicator, so I ignored it for the majority of my time with the game.
    • The main obstacle you encounter is the enemy campgirls where you have to spam the z button to escape, which is just a constant annoyance due to the fact that there doesn't seem to be any consequence to repeatedly running into them.
    • The sprite placement and collision boxes are poorly placed, resulting in much clunkier navigation than you'd expect from an RPG maker game.
    • The writing is poor. Grammatical and spelling issues are consistent whether it's in dialogue or interaction prompts, though there are some instances where you run into notes that are passable.
    • There are some instances where the game switches from the traditional keyboard to solely mouse interaction, which is just annoying.
    With that said, the art isn't bad, and it's clear the dev has some sort of plan and plot in place, so this game has the potential to be good if it isn't immediately dropped like the dev's last game. As it stands however, it's not a great play experience, and I recommend waiting until more issues are addressed, whether they be technical or design.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

nytrizz

Game is utterly unplayable to the point of too many bugs that make the game freeze and lock up. No normal ways to save and game doesnt say how to save, found out in discussion on this post. Game needs a full save before this is worth even downloading. Great art but mechanics and game breaking bugs make this game not worth even downloading. HARD PASS
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Paarl

the game currently has many errors that prevent progress such as when you are "attacked" by the nurse, after the event the screen freezes in the final image and nothing can be done or after taking Alison to pee and you return to the cabin, it gets stuck, even so I feel that it promises a lot and hopefully I can continue it