VN Ren'Py Tainted Aquamarine [Development Thread]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

zetsupetsu

Dec 22, 2019

TAINTED AQUAMARINE

Hello, I'm proud to showcase to you a game that I've been recently working on, TAINTED AQUAMARINE. It's an NTR (Netorare + Netorase) focused game with a basic premise revolving around a magical Aquamarine Necklace the Main Character has found, and due to the magical nature of it, makes it an opportunity to finally explore his deepest and darkest sexual fantasies, at the cost of his Wife's body.

Planned Tags: NTR, Swinging, Gangbang, Milf, Corruption, Pregnancy, Prostitution, Rape, Mind Control, Voyeurism, Incest, Shota, Old Man

The initial lineup of characters will compose of the MC and his wife, and 4 other men that the wife can have sex with.
These character CGs are a work in progress and can change depending on feedback.

The MC
This is the main protagonist's character sprite. Unlike most NTR games, this MC will not be a spineless wimp and is actually pretty smart and dependable. He has a secret Netorase fetish and the circumstances of the magical necklace will prompt him to use this opportunity to finally explore his fantasy.

The Wife
The MC's wife is loyal, caring, and motherly. She's very modest and innocent and had no sexual experience prior to MC. Her modesty is what drives MC to his Netorase fetish, as he wants to see his innocent wife's sexuality get slowly corrupted and depraved.

Since the Wife is the game's center of attraction and sexual eye candy, making her look good as much as possible is a challenge. I am trying to slowly improve her character CG appearance, so as of now her sprite is a very early work in progress, and I will continue to tweak and improve her art over time.

WIFE SPRITE SHEET:

The NTR Villain
He is meant to be the classic NTR Villain who threatens to steal the wife away from MC. He and MC work in the same company, but he is wealthy and holds a higher position, and is a grade-A jerk and asshole towards MC.

The Best Friend
MC's best buddy is meant to be a goofball, but very loyal to the MC. He is always perving over his wife, and MC just allows it because it's harmless fun (or secretly turns him on). If I were to include swinging in this game, I might give this guy a girlfriend for him and MC to swap partners with.

The Friendly Old Man
This old man lives next door to the couple. He is genuinely a kind person and helps out MC's wife occasionally for some errands when her husband is away at work. He is widowed and lives alone, and hasn't felt the touch of a woman ever since his wife died many years ago. (I don't want him to be the generic "dirty old man" trope)

At the bottom of the page, there should be a link to the game dev survey where you can vote on grandpa's hairline; bald, receding hairline or a full set of hair.

The Shota Character
This Shota character is very controversial and divisive at the moment and I am still unsure if I should include or exclude him in the game, this is why I haven't decided on a proper character background for him yet.

At the bottom of the page, there should be a link to the game dev survey if you want to cast a vote to decide his fate, and what his personality and character background will be when implemented.

The Premise, in flavor text:
You and your wife are happily married for 6 years and have been living in your families' ancestral mansion. While your sex life has been satisfactory, your deepest, darkest fantasies have always been a secret to her. One day, you accidentally discover your grandfather's stashed jewelry box. Inside, a beautiful aquamarine necklace, along with a letter in cryptic writing. What does this all mean? Does the necklace hold some sort of magical power? Will you be able to use this to finally fulfill all the darkest thoughts you have repressed for years? There's only one way to find out.
-----
The necklace itself has an innate power that only activates at specific times, and through this, the MC will be able to use multiple types of powers to suit whatever he needs for that occasion. i.e, if an opportunity for voyeurism comes up, the necklace will beckon you to use its power, but you still have the choice if you want to use it or not or maybe even use a different kind of power, like temporarily increasing his wife's libido.

With this type of premise, I also set up an "alignment system" during decision-making. The MC carries the Aquamarine at all times, and the shade of blue in the gemstone will reflect your wife's current sexual alignment. Based on your decision, the color of the aquamarine will change throughout the course of the game, and the MC and his wife will react to events differently, depending on their current alignment. Here is a simple image to explain it:

Basically, the darker the tint in your necklace, the more corrupt the meter is. MC and Wife's actions will change depending on the meter.

As you may have already noticed, the game's visual identity consists of various shades of blue and teal as the main colors. It's meant to reflect the color of the gemstone Aquamarine, and this color scheme will be prevalent throughout the entire game in all assets. Meanwhile, the grungy effect is an artistic choice that I personally think compliments the game's aesthetics really well.

Regarding the artwork, I am not a professional illustrator. I can draw, but it's not my strong suit. I am, however, working as a Graphic Designer, and have a lot of experience in photo manipulation and digital image editing. So how I obtain my artwork is I use base CGs of existing artwork for reference then heavily modify them to suit whatever character I need. The same principle applies to sex scenes. I have a lot of art references to draw from in Doujinshis. So I use a base panel from a doujin to trace with, modify it to look like the game characters, then colorize them from black and white to fit the aesthetic.

SAMPLE SEX SCENE / STATIC CG (feat Wife and Old Man)

SAMPLE SEX SCENE / ROTOSCOPED, ANIMATED (feat Wife and NTR Villain)

The game is being developed on Ren'Py and will be a full Visual Novel experience with no Sandbox elements. The game's state is still under heavy development, and a playable demo might still be about a month away, depending on the results of the survey.

GAME SCREENSHOTS:

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the game, or share your opinions or ideas for the game. I'll gladly welcome any form of discussion in this thread!

---

WHEN WILL THE GAME BE RELEASED?

The good thing about this is that I already have most of my game assets and artwork ready, so it's only a matter of writing the actual story content left! As of now, I'm only up to 4k words, which comprises most of the prologue up to the part where MC finds the necklace. My goal by the next update is to be able to reach 25k words and completely focus on one route. I have laid the groundwork for each character already, but haven't started writing on a focused route yet. By the next update, I hope that will change.

I'm hoping to release a playable alpha version which you guys can test out, hopefully by JANUARY! I've gotten a whole lot done in my game and it's only been less than a month since inception, so by December, I might chill a bit, and perhaps focus on translating Bokudare first since that also needs quite a lot of work.

As always, your guys' feedback is very important to me, so I would LOVE IT if you could share your opinion on the decided premise, the new wife cg, the animations, or if you have an idea or suggestion you would like to let me know just post in this thread!

Anyway, that's all for now. And thanks for having an interest in this project. No plans to monetize this and your interest with this game is what keeps me going! Cheers!

Last edited:

rgnar62

Feb 11, 2018
Just a maybe dumb question but : the wife will agree to try those netorase acts after a talk with the MC ? Or will she only agree to become a 'hotwife' by mind control?

zetsupetsu

Dec 22, 2019
Just a maybe dumb question but : the wife will agree to try those netorase acts after a talk with the MC ? Or will she only agree to become a 'hotwife' by mind control?
I'm personally not a fan of mind control so I'm trying to stray away from that. My idea is that he does "the talk" and when wife finally agrees, he gives the necklace as a gift. So basically everytime he resets, he has the chance to introduce her to a different guy without the need to convince again.

I'm about to finish the art for the 4 other guys right now and once I finished I'm planning to make a survey again asking about particular elements in the game shortly later today.

In hindsight I might come across some writing problems with the pendant reset concept so I have 3 more ideas for the premise that I'll have you guys vote on which would be better.

rgnar62

Feb 11, 2018
I'm personally not a fan of mind control so I'm trying to stray away from that. My idea is that he does "the talk" and when wife finally agrees, he gives the necklace as a gift. So basically everytime he resets, he has the chance to introduce her to a different guy without the need to convince again.

I'm about to finish the art for the 4 other guys right now and once I finished I'm planning to make a survey again asking about particular elements in the game shortly later today.

In hindsight I might come across some writing problems with the pendant reset concept so I have 3 more ideas for the premise that I'll have you guys vote on which would be better.
Nice! I'm not a fan of mind control too ;)
The wife will be aware of the powers of the necklace?

Thank you for your answers and the detailed description!

+ the fact that you are listening to your 'fans' is really great ! Involving us in the project by survey and so is really cool

Reactions: Back

Back

Aug 3, 2017
So Tainted Aquamarine revolves around the magical mind-manipulating device trope with the MC's wife at the center of the attention. Got it. Nothing wrong with that as it's a quick and easy setup for the plot. I'm also interested on the other three ideas that was hinted at, but for now I do have a couple questions that's surfaced after reading zetsupetsu's posts.

Since it's only her memories being affected, are you planning on situations where the other characters react to the events that she's forgotten? Will there be future encounters stemming off of them in such a case? Or will the story march straight on along as if nothing happened among the other characters outside the husband himself once there's a "reset"? Let me elaborate with the rest of the concept in mind...
...the player will be able to reset her memories... and then go share her with a different person. It's not a hard "reset" per se, and the scenario will change depending on when you choose to remove the necklace, and some of her corruption level will remain intact.
This reminds me of other games in similar veins such as Alansya Chronicles (Fleeting Iris) where you progress through a route to a certain point before jumping ship onto another. If and when that happens, will those characters continue to play a role in the game's story and the wife's development, or do they effectively cease to exist in the plot such as in the example noted?

Will the players have an opportunity to investigate the origins of the pendent that was once possessed by the MC's grandfather (outside of just a passing reference)? If nothing else, that seems like a fun little backstory all on its own. It'd be pretty cool to be able to explore it and what his grandfather did or didn't do with its power if it doesn't take away too much from the rest of the game.

In what may be an interesting twist, can the wife ever be the one to share him with other women? Tit for tat, right? Doesn't necessarily mean that she's turning the tables on him using the magical necklace's powers on him. They could just come to the realization that they both harbored such feelings and desires, respectively. There's always been a dearth when it comes to the reverse and maybe the wife is secretly a cuckquean knowingly or not, lol. That's probably out of the scope of the proposed game though.
...about to finish the art for the 4 other guys right now...
So are you going with the silhouettes or go full art sprites for the other characters now?
It's cool that you're going with the anime/manga-type style, and I dig the banner. You'll need to update it's link to direct itself to this development thread however.
A shota, haven't figured out yet if it will be their son, a nephew or a little rascal that like's to visit MC's place.
You've stated that you would like a shota route with a possible incestuous angle. Though it's something others might enjoy, I hope you would reconsider this especially if you plan to crowdfund this eventually. Several platforms including Patreon and Steam and others have rules against child exploitation, rape, incest, bestiality, hard noncon, necrophilia, and other fetishes. So be careful and maybe nip this in the bud early on. But if you must, you could probably get away with a unrelated, young adult or an altogether different race since there's already magic in the world you're creating.

By the way, I'm delighted that Zetsupetsu is staying away from the concept of straight up mind-controlling the wife. I favor this; thanks for that. I think it's just more interesting to see the consequences of the MC's decisions and the wife's own actions as they travel down this path together (admittedly by an unusual way) and how they develop from there with their own power and choice. Y'know, versus some form of "zombifying" the wife.

One other thing, please please please make interesting characters that aren't just some generic or boring or stereotypical. Give them a life of their own! Flip some preconceived concepts when you encounter them and give them their own strengths and flaws, and maybe even goals so that they're not just some one-note, single-dimensional characters. Those get old fast. Tangentially, I'm so glad that it doesn't appear that the dev is going for an MC that doesn't have a backbone or fails to measure up as a man, but rather just one that wants to "fulfill dark desires" by sharing his wife. ^^"

Welp, as this is getting a bit long (sorry!) I just want to say that I, for one, am interested in this and wishes the dev the best with the project! Cheers and good luck!

(Also, sorry if this happens to get double-posted as I was having issues with F95 at around the time of this post.)
Edit: Added a single word. Thankfully, it doesn't appear the post was doubled up. Cheers!

Last edited:

zetsupetsu

Dec 22, 2019
First off, thanks for the long post. I appreciate the enthusiasm.

Since it's only her memories being affected, are you planning on situations where the other characters react to the events that she's forgotten? Will there be future encounters stemming off of them in such a case? Or will the story march straight on along as if nothing happened among the other characters outside the husband himself once there's a "reset"? Let me elaborate with the rest of the concept in mind...
This reminds me of other games in similar veins such as Alansya Chronicles (Fleeting Iris) where you progress through a route to a certain point before jumping ship onto another. If and when that happens, will those characters continue to play a role in the game's story and the wife's development, or do they effectively cease to exist in the plot such as in the example noted?
I think I talked about this on the other thread, but yes, depending on what level of corruption and when MC decides to remove the necklace, the story will change, and of course, the other guys memories will remain intact, so it IS something that MC has to deal with, not just an outright reset.

Will the players have an opportunity to investigate the origins of the pendent that was once possessed by the MC's grandfather (outside of just a passing reference)? If nothing else, that seems like a fun little backstory all on its own. It'd be pretty cool to be able to explore it and what his grandfather did or didn't do with its power if it doesn't take away too much from the rest of the game.
yes, I already have a backstory for the origin of the necklace in mind, and why it has to be Aquamarine of all gemstones. Hence why I added the cryptic letter to come along with it. Not yet fully fleshed out though and just an outline.

In what may be an interesting twist, can the wife ever be the one to share him with other women? Tit for tat, right? Doesn't necessarily mean that she's turning the tables on him using the magical necklace's powers on him. They could just come to the realization that they both harbored such feelings and desires, respectively. There's always been a dearth when it comes to the reverse and maybe the wife is secretly a cuckquean knowingly or not, lol. That's probably out of the scope of the proposed game though.
That is an.. interesting twist I honestly haven't thought about. Since it resets memories, who's to say MC hasn't been shared as well.

Although, I'm really not into cuckqueaning, so if I ever incorporate something of the sort, I'm afraid I won't be able to do it justice and not make the scenes erotic enough if I have no clue what aspects of it are appealing and it will turn out soul less.

So are you going with the silhouettes or go full art sprites for the other characters now?
It's cool that you're going with the anime/manga-type style, and I dig the banner. You'll need to update it's link to direct itself to this development thread however.
I was initially going for a silhouette for the other male characters, because honestly, it's significantly a lot less work and you don't need to worry about how they look. Playing COM3D gave me that idea that it could work. But I guess not many were fans of it so I ultimately decided to make actual cgs for the other dudes as well.

You've stated that you would like a shota route with a possible incestuous angle. Though it's something others might enjoy, I hope you would reconsider this especially if you plan to crowdfund this eventually. Several platforms including Patreon and Steam and others have rules against child exploitation, rape, incest, bestiality, hard noncon, necrophilia, and other fetishes. So be careful and maybe nip this in the bud early on. But if you must, you could probably get away with a unrelated, young adult or an altogether different race since there's already magic in the world you're creating.
I have zero interest in monetizing this game tbh. So patreon isn't really really issue. It's more of a hobby. This all started with a discussion on the main netorase thread about the lack of quality netorase games, and the only driving reason why I decided to make this game in the first place, was because i ultimately decided to make my own actual netorase game so i can have the stories go in the direction I wanted to, because a lot of netorase game tend to make MCs too spineless and then get NTRd so hard with a depressing ending, which I'm personally not a fan of.

Regarding incest, especially mom-son, its actually my second favorite kink, so it's one of my reasons why I'm trying to implement it somewhat. If many people aren't fans of it, we'll see in the survey, I might reconsider it.

By the way, I'm delighted that Zetsupetsu is staying away from the concept of straight up mind-controlling the wife. I favor this; thanks for that. I think it's just more interesting to see the consequences of the MC's decisions and the wife's own actions as they travel down this path together (admittedly by an unusual way) and how they develop from there with their own power and choice. Y'know, versus some form of "zombifying" the wife.
Yes this is why I'm not a fan of Mind Control or aphrosidiacs. It's not really "them" being corrupted when there's an influence that forces them to do it, so I think the eroticism is way weaker.

One other thing, please please please make interesting characters that aren't just some generic or boring or stereotypical. Give them a life of their own! Flip some preconceived concepts when you encounter them and give them their own strengths and flaws, and maybe even goals so that they're not just some one-note, single-dimensional characters. Those get old fast.
I'll try, but I'm no shakespear lol. Not sure im cut out to properly flesh out and make well written characters. To be frank I've tried to outline them four to be the most generic as possible, so it will cater to a wider scope, since people have preferences with whom to share the wife with.

Tangentially, I'm so glad that it doesn't appear that the dev is going for an MC that doesn't have a backbone or fails to measure up as a man, but rather just one that wants to "fulfill dark desires" by sharing his wife. ^^"
Yeah it's one of the reasons I'm making this game in the first place. If there's anything I can assure, it's that the ending for this game is that the MC will 100% win, and won't get NTRd like a wimp in most other netorase stories.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Thank you for your frank, detailed, and honest feedback to the points I've raised. I'm appreciative of many of your responses such as your view on the mind-controlling aspects and not including anything that diminishes the MC -- that ultimately the MC is the top dog here. I'm looking forward to the apparent direction that your game will take and will keep an eye out for it. It seems very promising! Good luck, but have fun with it! Cheers!

Reactions: maelontuchanka

zetsupetsu

Dec 22, 2019
Men of culture! I have made massive progress in my game, so much Character CG and art that I will share in the OP.

I need a HUGE FAVOR from you guys though. Please spare a bit of your time to answer my game dev survey, which will dictate the direction the game is going to take, moving forward.

In it you can vote the highly debated FULL CG vs SILHOUETTE art, with attached samples! Also whether to include Shota or not. I also want to redo the premise of the game, so opinions on that would also be appreciated.

The survey contains A LOT of reading, so be warned! I took my time to add it with lots of art to keep you occupied though, so cheers!

Advanced thanks for participating on the survey.

Reactions: Goobercreek
May 29, 2020
Out of all of them, mind control is a hard no imo. I'm stuck between voyeur and sex curse M. Sex curse M reminds me of a doujin with that same premise that's really fucking hot, but voyeur would be a purely consensual thing that happens naturally/without an external force behind it. After writing that, probably leaning towards voyeur, but idk how those stories could go. Either one would be fantastic.

hhhhy

Apr 23, 2020
What's the personality of the wife.
Is she innocent or teases the mc and likes to make adult jokes?

zetsupetsu

Dec 22, 2019
What's the personality of the wife.
Is she innocent or teases the mc and likes to make adult jokes?
Yeah I realized I haven't placed that question in the survey.

I always envisioned her to be the shy, innocent and caring type.

But I'll update the survey to add that question in case people want a different personality wife. Will need to make a cg that makes her look more confident too.

Reactions: hhhhy and rgnar62

zetsupetsu

Dec 22, 2019
Out of all of them, mind control is a hard no imo. I'm stuck between voyeur and sex curse M. Sex curse M reminds me of a doujin with that same premise that's really fucking hot, but voyeur would be a purely consensual thing that happens naturally/without an external force behind it. After writing that, probably leaning towards voyeur, but idk how those stories could go. Either one would be fantastic.
Yeah I don't think the mind control will win anyway. Do you remember the name of the doujin you're referring to? I could use it for some good reference.

My personal favorites are both that you mentioned as well, but I favor the sex curse only slightly more.

Reactions: rgnar62

Back

Aug 3, 2017
MC will not be a spineless wimp, and is actually pretty smart and dependable.
Oh, thank gawd. ;] Good thing I snagged that quote off there.
I always envisioned her to be the shy, innocent, and caring type.
I was also curious about her personality but I figured that it would be along these lines. I happened to make a comment regarding it on the survey for her to be more expressive so that whatever personality aspect she had would shine through clearer. I also made a comment regarding the shota stuff.

Re: Necklace
  • Mind-Wipe: After reading it in detail more on the survey, I can't help but think of several issues with it. For example, the wife's colleagues and friends (she does have a life outside the MC, right?) would soon worry about the holes in her memory. Let alone the date on the calendar with any planned events, or why her garden is larger (or whatever other things she notices in the world around her that clues her in for the passage of time after taking off the necklace), or even something as simple as suddenly having back-to-back paychecks from the work she goes to (where the jerkoff works at too)...
  • Mind-Control: Didn't this tired cliche already got written off?
  • Curse: Similar to mind-control. Wasn't a fan of this premise since it took away a lot of the journey of leading the wife towards sexual self-discovery / corruption since the preeminent couple has already tried all sorts of fetishes even before the game starts.
  • Voyeur: This one seems more interesting. Kinda reminds me of spy cameras with the wife in the know. I wonder if you'll go with only the viewpoint from the pendent or if you can "ghost" around the general area of the pendent. The latter option would offer more creativity due to the freedom it provides instead of being limited to a single viewpoint and fulfills the "magical" nature of the paired pendants. Plus, it need not be a "sender" pendant paired to a "receiver" pendant and could go both ways allowing the wife the option to utilize it on her end as well (or even another character to spy on the MC/wife if they happen to discover the pendants' function). You'll need to work out how to get the ball rolling for the wife -- whether the MC convinces/encourages her to do things with other men, or otherwise set up in some way by the MC or another character.
  • ...what was the other one? Sexually-Energized (Wife)? Something like that, right? It reminded me of the drug-induced scenarios or those afflictions in trashy mangas about one of the SO's having to have frequent, regular sex or something horrible would happen such as death.
So mind-wipe could work if the issues can sort themselves out, but I'm leaning more towards the paired voyeuristic pendants like the other poster mentioned above.

Re: Art
I really dig the fact that the dev can actually draw. I admit, I'm a little envious about that, lol. Anyway, for the survey I wouldn't mind the full art for scenes but can I live with the outline only for the male partners *if* they have really decent art elsewhere and that their silhouettes are distinct from one another. Also, why does the old guy have to be bald or losing his hair? Poor dude. He could be a nice guy with a short crop-cut type hair. I appreciate that he's not an obese/frail bastard though.

Re: Fetishes
I wasn't sure what was meant in regards to "Hard NTR". Perhaps Zet explained it before and I have simply forgotten so I went with the middle of the road option. Some of others like Blackmail or Rape -- when looking through a vacuum -- probably shouldn't be answered with "Love it!" or "Indifferent", lol. ^^'

In any event, this project seems way more fleshed out than many that are currently out there. I mean, even in the survey, zetsupetsu put in quite the effort with the level of detail that's in there. I'm very impressed. It's a solid indicator of the care the dev wants to put into the proposed game. Good deal!

hhhhy

Apr 23, 2020
Yeah I realized I haven't placed that question in the survey.

I always envisioned her to be the shy, innocent and caring type.

But I'll update the survey to add that question in case people want a different personality wife. Will need to make a cg that makes her look more confident too.
I personally like the personality of the girls in gal-kano and gyaruzuma more. You should add personality of the wife to the survey so the men and women of culture can vote.

Unrivalled

Mar 18, 2018
i dont know if you want too let the mc see in general the action of his wife or even if he is in the same room

i like the idea of both options with the voyeur and the mc curse what if you combine this two together so he can even highten the excitment more so that he sees what his wife is doing

gabich69

Dec 23, 2019
I did the survey too !! it's not every day that you can give your opinion on the creation of a game, so I did with pleasure hehe !!
Are you working on a beta or something already zetsupetsu and do you think the release of this interesting game will happens in the beginning of next year?
Nevermind, keep the good work and take care ! (y)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote