mesoru

Sep 22, 2017
"Dolled up/slutty, and even then within the lines of what was fits with the character design. In totality the changes in Fiona's appearance are quite big when you compare her original look to her "most slutty endings"-look, but there will not be any sudden enormous changes in her appearance. It's not exactly Japanese gyaru nor exactly like some of those 3D bimbofication works.

Stuff like make-up, breast- and lip augmentation were discussed with the artist but eventually not used for het sprites. Tans, hair color and style changes, piercings, a tattoo, and slutty clothing are."
Nice to know. From what i read it doesn't look too different from what i imagined:
Tanning - check!
Slutty outfits - check!
Acessories - check!
Tatoos - check!
Hair bleaching - check!
All these are great (specially tanning, tanning is hot... and tanlines ofc as mentioned by @Kara Zor-El :p)
I don't know how she will be by the end but when i mentioned gyarufication, it was indeed based on the japanese works.
"most slutty endings"
Now this got me very interested, maybe the more extreme side of corruption and degradation shows up here... :FeelsGoodMan:

Reactions: Kara Zor-El

Infidelisoft

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2018
Hello, decided to register to answer some questions.

Infidelsoft? They should be careful, they're gonna trigger some people with a name like that :test: . Honestly though, looks decent, I'll probably check it out sometime... Except that the dude with the brown hair has a look on his face that kinda makes you wanna see him catch a fist with it...
Oops, it's supposed to be derived from infidelity, I didn't even notice it can be read differently. I haven't had a logo made yet so I might change the team name. It's supposed to be a development team for netorare-themed works and those often have protagonists with a micro penis, so maybe Microsoft would be a better team name?

Played the prologue before being posted here.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Other variations for both scenes in the current Patreon version have been drawn, but will only appear in the game later on. There's quite a lot of assets which have been made but cannot be implemented until other assets are also done.

So how much content does this "prologue" actually have? Is it worth downloading?
I've tried to list the amount of content in each version as detailed as possible in the description of the Patreon page (pretty sure I'm not allowed to post links just yet so I won't) using the amount of CG sets, overlays, sprites, the variations of those, and the number of words. But there's not a lot of content just yet, so considering you asked this question I'd say it's not worth downloading for you just yet.

Did they marry when they were 10? MC looks like he's 20.
So lame...
The guy with the male sprite in the suit is not the protagonist, but his younger co-worker, who is in his 20's.

It seems to me that the dev knows the difference. In fact in his patreon he is talking about a swinging sex that could became NTR. At present we don't know if it will be optional or not.

By the way don't use the capital letters, please.
This is a game with netorare fans as the intended audience. I realize swinger fans don't like this, but there's only swinging (and in the current versions even that's in an early stage) right now so pretending it's purely a netorare story wouldn't fly with the NTR fans.

I agree, this dev knows what the swinger is. But i like to see Fiona`s perspective in game. Fiona`s perspective is not implemented in game yet.
Fiona's perspective will be used for scenes without the protagonist's presence. Early in the story the protagonist is always present for the swinging scenes, so there's not a whole lot of use for her perspective just yet.

I myself don't like it when I have to unlock the female perspective in eroge like these, so the story is written to include Fiona's perspective in later parts. I do realize there's "mystery" fans and people who like to completely self-insert out there though, so I included the choice for those readers to automatically skip scenes from Fiona's perspective.

tanlines also hot. :evilsmile:
Fiona does have tanlines most of the time after she gets her tans, but they aren't extremely noticeable.

I don't mind the NTR, it's the lack of choices that's the deal breaker for me.
My original plan was to include a ton of choices and have the reader accumulate points towards a certain ending. But I realized how tedious having to replay everything to gather invisible points for a new ending would be, so instead there will be very few choices and all will lead to a certain ending.

I have ideas for titles like this with a lot more freedom, choice, and interaction, but overreaching for a first project is not the way to go I think.

Lets hope we get more than just chapter 1 soon, patreon version has 7 chapters.
Do keep in mind those 6 extra chapters are a lot shorter than the prologue chapter. I think the wordcount is a decent way to gauge the size difference between the current versions.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Hello, decided to register to answer some questions.
Oops, it's supposed to be derived from infidelity, I didn't even notice it can be read differently. I haven't had a logo made yet so I might change the team name. It's supposed to be a development team for netorare-themed works and those often have protagonists with a micro penis, so maybe Microsoft would be a better team name?
No that's precisely what I meant, a lot of people here have a problem with netorare, as you would have seen if you were here before the thread got cleaned up, lol.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Only Mediafire? Almost the worst file sharing site that is popular.
Really? Mediafire has been my favorite filesharing site for years... Never gone down, has been around for longer than any site besides Rapidgator, and they never gate their speeds or have captchas, and their links pretty much never die.

Reactions: Mauamu and rokrad

pollypop

Jul 29, 2017
Really? Mediafire has been my favorite filesharing site for years... Never gone down, has been around for longer than any site besides Rapidgator, and they never gate their speeds or have captchas, and their links pretty much never die.
The site has gotten incredibly corporate in recent years and has had a history of slowing down speeds in different countries due to political nonsense. Mega.nz is not corporate and run by a person who believes in net neutrality. If you just want to download a small file then sure I can see how you would see mediafire as a good site but in comparison to other sites it is not as good.

slackster

Feb 1, 2017
Awesome game

Reminds me very much of 壁の向こうの妻の嬌声(こえ)2 ( kabetuma2 in English)

One of the best Swinging games around

Will be following this one with interest

Infidelisoft

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2018
No that's precisely what I meant, a lot of people here have a problem with netorare, as you would have seen if you were here before the thread got cleaned up, lol.
Oh, I thought you were making a joke about "infidel" also being the word most often used by Muslim fanatics nowadays.

Only Mediafire? Almost the worst file sharing site that is popular.
Only the non-Patreon version uses Mediafire. I'm using MEGA for the current premium version. My reason for this is very selfish: I like being able to see the number of downloads. For the Patreon version it doesn't really matter since it should be linked to the number of Patrons, but I'd like to be able to gauge interest in the free version.

Awesome game

Reminds me very much of 壁の向こうの妻の嬌声(こえ)2 ( kabetuma2 in English)

One of the best Swinging games around

Will be following this one with interest
Thank you. I actually hadn't played Kabetuma 2 yet when I wrote this (about 90% of everything is written as of now), but I did play the first title (but not long enough to unlock the female perspective). I started sporadically playing Kabetuma 2 a week ago and am still at the start, but these ANIM TeamMM games are definitely what I'd compare Swing & Miss to (as opposed to RPG Maker or 3D netorare titles).

Reactions: dest99

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
The site has gotten incredibly corporate in recent years and has had a history of slowing down speeds in different countries due to political nonsense. Mega.nz is not corporate and run by a person who believes in net neutrality. If you just want to download a small file then sure I can see how you would see mediafire as a good site but in comparison to other sites it is not as good.
Really? That sucks, they never throttle in the US, it's always just as fast as mega for me.

Infidelisoft

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2018
Mediafire does also heavily throttle files with a password since "they can't check the content". They used to have a premium function which allows you to password-protect files on the download itself without limiting download speeds for users, but when I checked to see if it would be interesting for me I couldn't find any information about that function anymore so it might've been removed.

Reactions: yoyomistro

BlueMarch42

Mar 10, 2018
If the content is clearly listed as NTR and you are here fucking complaining about NTR I have to ask why? Other than wanting to stir up shit out of the sheer enjoyment of doing so... If that is your goal then you will deserve what I do to you and you will find yourself outside this site pissed off at me, when you should be looking in the mirror for the culprit! I like some crazy shit but some other folks like shit that makes my skin crawl and I avoid those games like the plague, but I don't like peeps judging me for a game that I like when the game is clearly listed for what it contains, because it doesn't suit what they like!

As they say people that live in glass houses...

Rule #1 of this site is:
Be respectful. Opinions are fine, attacks are not
This includes trolling, belittling, etc
If you cannot abide by this rule, I will not hesitate to hit the hyperspace button on your account.
Hyperspace??? Nani?

Steve Carter

Apr 28, 2017
My original plan was to include a ton of choices and have the reader accumulate points towards a certain ending. But I realized how tedious having to replay everything to gather invisible points for a new ending would be, so instead there will be very few choices and all will lead to a certain ending.

I have ideas for titles like this with a lot more freedom, choice, and interaction, but overreaching for a first project is not the way to go I think.
I see your point. Another way to learn is to make a shorter game with choices and a few endings. You could get typecast into just another studio that makes linear games and the next time your name shows up in the feed people like me would just ignore it, even if it is a game that offers choice. It's your game so it's your decision and now that I know you plan on making more games with branching choices in the future I'll definitely check your games out your next game.

I usually try to offer some kind of critique on what I like and don't like in the game so far (which is the entire point of releasing a demo of an uncompleted game I guess) but it would be heavily tainted by someone who would want branching choices in the game. For the sake of offering feedback for future games, here is what I would have liked too see in the game if it did have branching choices.

1) Show and don't tell a little more in the intro. In regards to Davis, the intro could have been about him becoming your friend. You could have been a senior worker and he could have been introduced as a junior worker that just started at the company. You two could have been assigned to work on a project together. There could have been an actual scene of him acting casually with people of higher status when you two receive the project instead of us just being told this. A bit of the game could have revolved around working on the project and the choice would be to focus on the assignment (and neglect your wife in the process, with you choosing to work weekends instead of spending time with her) or if you chose to not work as hard on the project Davis picks up the slack and works extra hard but you end up owing him a "favor" which could have consequences later. No matter what as a result of the project you get promoted and Davis becomes your subordinate (with possible leverage on you dependent on the choice you made on the project if you worked hard yourself or coasted on Davis's work). There could also be a picture of Fiona on your desk at work where Davis could comment on how attractive she is.

2) Again with the show and don't tell, the intro to Davis' wife could have been handled better. Instead of him showing you pictures on his phone out of the blue, after the completion of the project and your promotion the two of you could go out and celebrate. After a conversation at the bar (and after you have a few drinks) Kyleigh shows up (since Davis told her where you two were going) in full party girl mode and some shenanigans begin. The three of you sit at a table and the conversation could get a bit raunchy, and this is how Davis's wife's wild streak could be introduced to the player. She could flirt with some stranger at the bar, (and Davis could show that he's cool with it), ask the protagonist what he thinks of another girl at the bar (questions like "would you fuck her" and stuff like that) and perhaps they dance with each other near the end of the evening (and Davis could take a picture of them dancing for even more leverage later). Then when Kyleigh meets Fiona she'd know details of the protagonist's sexual interests that perhaps Fiona didn't even know (which would be more cause for concern than the minor incident of the player seeing a slightly risque picture of her). Also, in the bar Davis and Kyleigh could have an argument resulting from both of them being alpha personalities (perhaps Davis tries to order for her or something and she takes issue with that).

So in summary, what I feel what was needed was less exposition dumps and more table setting by using scenes showing the protagonist what is going on, particularly:

1) an establishing scene for Davis and the player's relationship (show don't tell);
2) an establishing scene for the protagonist and Fiona's relationship (mostly if he will sacrifice his work to be with her, which would make the NTR sting even more, or if he neglects her, which makes he NTR scenes more his fault which adds a slightly different flavor for the NTR to the player. The former is more cruel and the later makes the player take responsibility for the NTR);
3) an establishing scene for Davis and his freewheeling personality;
4) an establishing scene for Kyleigh's dominant personality (which I'm pretty sure is the Miss part in Swing and a Miss).

You need to show Chekhov's gun in the intro which you have but you have done it in in a non visual medium kind of way, like in a novel (I've always hated the term visual novel, I think it promotes bad habits. It's not a novel, you can tell parts of the story with pictures so everything doesn't have to be explained to you yet people keep treating it like a novel). You haven't been using the tools you have at your disposal for visual storytelling as effectively as you could be. The other advantage is the scenes could also be used to create tension much more effectively than Davis's explanations of everything, which don't build tension nearly as effectively.

Reactions: steson
3.50 star(s) 36 Votes