♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
I think it's rather common. In fact, i don't think i've ever heard from someone they were making choices in a game without any idea of more or less specific outcome or goal they're after. Or being very happy with an ending that went against those expectations/wishes.
That's how i always play.
I make honest choices that appeal to me and then meet the consequences head-on.
It's entertaining to see what the game will surprise me with.
It's just a little annoying when that surprise ends up being an impassable wall. But i'll live. :ROFLMAO::coffee:

Dinoflaggelate

Apr 17, 2024
I think that while immediate bad endings can be annoying to slam into, putting off all consequences until the end of the game isn't a good solution either. Choices should have perceivable short-term results if they're going to feel meaningful, otherwise your emotional connection to them fades. Especially in an actively-developed game like Superhuman, where the time between you making a decision and the end of the narrative could be years. I think the best solution is when there are grades of failure, where you can make a few bad decisions and still have the story progress but in a worse way, and only get a bad end if you make a ton of bad decisions or one really bad one. Which, in Superhuman's defense, is how some of the fights later in the game go. Only a couple so far, but here's hoping the trend continues.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
I think the best solution is when there are grades of failure, where you can make a few bad decisions and still have the story progress but in a worse way, and only get a bad end if you make a ton of bad decisions or one really bad one. Which, in Superhuman's defense, is how some of the fights later in the game go. Only a couple so far, but here's hoping the trend continues.
I think you're onto something here.
Say one 'bad' choice may put your friend at risk but you could still realize the mistake and jump to their defense down the line.
Or make one 'terrible' choice and that friend ends up dead.
Yeah, i can see how this could be interesting, much more interesting than reloading after being slammed into a wall for sure. :unsure::coffee:

Reactions: Doom Marine

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Right, but don't tell me that you don't form any expectations about what these consequences actually will be, as you make your choices? Both short- and long-term? Because that's very much what we're developed to do, after all -- to make our choices based on what we expect them to lead to. So the choices which appeal to you are, in large part, the expected consequences which appeal to you more than alternatives.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Right, but don't tell me that you don't form any expectations about what these consequences actually will be, as you make your choices?
Rather than having expectations, i am excited to see what the game will show me. I love seeing things i haven't seen before.
So, i have a rough picture of where my choices may lead, sure, that's why i pick those choices.
But the way i think may be quite different from the way the dev of the game thinks, so the result i end up with isn't necessarily what i expect to happen. Which, to me, is fun too. The fun of discovery see? :giggle::coffee:

Knowing everything ahead of time and planning for a specific outcome is... not my idea of fun.
I like not knowing anything and diving in completely blind, while trying to carve out more or less desirable outcome with whatever tools the game provides me with. ;):coffee:

Reactions: Pharos2 and ffive

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Knowing everything ahead of time and planning for a specific outcome is... not my idea of fun.
I like not knowing anything and diving in completely blind, while trying to carve out more or less desirable outcome with whatever tools the game provides me with. ;):coffee:
I get this sentiment, i actually prefer to get in the game blind too. I think we've possibly had a misunderstanding there -- when i was talking about trying to get specific outcome, it was along these lines of trying to carve out a desirable outcome etc based on my own guesses where the game might be heading; not going at it with some sort of walkthrough and exact knowledge of the endings. I mean, if it was the latter then getting an unexpected/unwelcome ending wouldn't even be a factor in the first place.

Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
Rather than having expectations, i am excited to see what the game will show me. I love seeing things i haven't seen before.
So, i have a rough picture of where my choices may lead, sure, that's why i pick those choices.
But the way i think may be quite different from the way the dev of the game thinks, so the result i end up with isn't necessarily what i expect to happen. Which, to me, is fun too. The fun of discovery see? :giggle::coffee:

Quick question: why the heck do you use that cup of coffe in every damned post?

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020
I think you're onto something here.
Say one 'bad' choice may put your friend at risk but you could still realize the mistake and jump to their defense down the line.
Or make one 'terrible' choice and that friend ends up dead.
Yeah, i can see how this could be interesting, much more interesting than reloading after being slammed into a wall for sure. :unsure::coffee:
The only problem with that is there is only one person developing Superhuman. Having branching storylines that meaningfully change based on choices is going to be too much work.
Also, the Bad Endings have given a substantial amount of information about the game world. They're less useful now that we've learned more without the Bad Endings, but it was fun when playing through the game initially to hunt out the bad endings and get glimpses of things we weren't aware of yet as players.
The very first Bad End in the game still gives out a ton of information. It shows that from the very beginning of the game the characters Clark, Alexis and Malik existed and provides some additional information about the MC's powers.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Fun answer: To incite people to ask about it, you're now like.. 10th? Person who ever asked about it.
Boring answer: Because in RL i always have a cup of coffee or tea next to me, we're like, inseparable. :giggle::coffee:
Therefore i consider this to be a good representation of me while online. Ho-Ho~

The only problem with that is there is only one person developing Superhuman. Having branching storylines that meaningfully change based on choices is going to be too much work.
Well, nothing prevents the dev from finding like-minded individuals to help him out.
We have an entire section dedicated to recruitment. :giggle::coffee:
Also, the Bad Endings have given a substantial amount of information about the game world.
Can be relocated elsewhere, there's an absolute shitton of ways one can use to feed information to the player. :giggle::coffee:

Last edited:

JmTrad

Jun 2, 2018
Just like cat girls say ~nya. It's his quirk.
I don't mind bad endings, i played Fate Stay Night before and i know how it is. The MC vs Ella bad ending and the one where you have 25 corruption for example made people create a lot of posts theorizing, so it had a positive impact.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2020
It's entertaining to see what the game will surprise me with.
It's just a little annoying when that surprise ends up being an impassable wall. But i'll live. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
i love being stubborn and diving head first into choices, its make the games feel more immersive and fluid. but i sometimes the choices mess up my play through, i'll always finish it though.

(also, can you tell me where your profile pic is from? im curious as i never seen it on this site before)

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
Fun answer: To incite people to ask about it, you're now like.. 10th? Person who ever asked about it.
Boring answer: Because in RL i always have a cup of coffee or tea next to me, we're like, inseparable. :giggle::coffee:
Therefore i consider this to be a good representation of me while online. Ho-Ho~

Well, nothing prevents the dev from finding like-minded individuals to help him out.
We have an entire section dedicated to recruitment. :giggle::coffee:

Can be relocated elsewhere, there's an absolute shitton of ways one can use to feed information to the player. :giggle::coffee:
fairenough.gif

Wolf14

Sep 26, 2018
Hah! Landed on another bad end: 'Too strong too soon' :ROFLMAO::coffee:
So you can't be too weak, and you can't be too strong... hilarious!

You know what, this game would have been so much better if instead of slamming the player into some bad end, the choices simply shifted the players closer to one of the endings. I'd enjoy that much more. :whistle::coffee:
And more importantly, this way you wouldn't be prevented from progressing through the game every time you do something the game considers the 'wrong' move. :sneaky::coffee:
Bad end's in this game are info dumps, I have a save for almost every bad end in this game. I go back rewatch them and whenever we get something new related to those bad ends.

isaiah0999

Mar 20, 2023
Their powers work with the same concept (Space), so both can generate gravitational attacks (Gojo's Blue / Red and Alice's Graviton Punchs / Attraction). Although her "force field" works different as of right now; as in, Gojo slows things to the point they can't reach him, while Alice blocks/push them.
So what I'm hearing is if someone were to get the infinity trait they become gojo it all make sense now this is all a jjk reference we lost amber aka Nobara and cole is Mahito which means we will kill cole

Mar 24, 2020
So what I'm hearing is if someone were to get the infinity trait they become gojo it all make sense now this is all a jjk reference we lost amber aka Nobara and cole is Mahito which means we will kill cole
alice has only the space trait, you need both space and time to get the infinity trait (you need only the space trait to become like gojo), we lost both amber and liz, and cole and mahito share some similarities but i'm not sure we'll kill cole here.

Reactions: SquallofNight
4.80 star(s) 303 Votes