KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
Okay so crackpot theory.

There is a connection between MC and Charlie; we can intuit this from a few deductions. One, they look similar. Two, Shopkeeper refers to them both as Charlie. Three, ???. Four, profit.

We know that Charlie is younger than the MC. Now I don't quite recall how old she is, but she kinda looks to be around the age range that MC was when his accident occurred. So bear with me, but what if Charlie was once a part of the MC?

We know that in order to give birth to the MC, Syla had to modify herself in some way such that she was capable of conception. Now since we know she was nearly purely Memory, that means that some other power was necessary in order for this to work. The most logical choice being Truth.

Now this would unfortunately mean that the MC would no longer be a perfect balance of Body and Memory. He would have some amount of Truth in him, but we have never even seen a hint of this. In fact, from all accounts, he seems to be purely Body and Memory. So then where did the Truth part of him go?

Charlie's power is based on Truth. She looks very similar to the MC, and she is roughly at an appropriate age range.

What I think happened is that Syla literally tore Charlie out of the MC to ensure that he was pure/balanced enough for the Third's plans.

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
Okay so crackpot theory.

There is a connection between MC and Charlie; we can intuit this from a few deductions. One, they look similar. Two, Shopkeeper refers to them both as Charlie. Three, ???. Four, profit.

We know that Charlie is younger than the MC. Now I don't quite recall how old she is, but she kinda looks to be around the age range that MC was when his accident occurred. So bear with me, but what if Charlie was once a part of the MC?

We know that in order to give birth to the MC, Syla had to modify herself in some way such that she was capable of conception. Now since we know she was nearly purely Memory, that means that some other power was necessary in order for this to work. The most logical choice being Truth.

Now this would unfortunately mean that the MC would no longer be a perfect balance of Body and Memory. He would have some amount of Truth in him, but we have never even seen a hint of this. In fact, from all accounts, he seems to be purely Body and Memory. So then where did the Truth part of him go?

Charlie's power is based on Truth. She looks very similar to the MC, and she is roughly at an appropriate age range.

What I think happened is that Syla literally tore Charlie out of the MC to ensure that he was pure/balanced enough for the Third's plans.
mmhh.jpg
Why would you overcomplicate something?
Not to criticize but why would Syla pick up Truth when Body is perfect and more available for her, you basically can change you body down to the genetics so you potentially can get pregnant.
Secondly, Charlie's power is most probably Authority or even Order, the latter being far more improbable, and she's 16 so the age doesn't fit

Reactions: Gigachad

Zeca Suez

Jun 26, 2018
But in a GAME you are given a meat puppet to wear and guide through life as you make choices. Literally the whole point of the entire medium is the self insert experience.
Meat Puppet... little Ellie ?
Is there any other games similar to this? I really enjoyed playing this , I’m just waiting for the new update to drop
Not really... other games with similar concepts and kinks are usually poor in quality and most of the good quality ones do not have similar concepts. This one is a rare blend of great concepts, unique story telling and weird sex stuff. Hard to find other games that will scratch this particular itch.

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
View attachment 3482239
Not to criticize but why would Syla pick up Truth when Body is perfect and more available for her, you basically can change you body down to the genetics so you potentially can get pregnant.
Secondly, Charlie's power is most probably Authority or even Order, the latter being far more improbable, and she's 16 so the age doesn't fit
I had considered Body, but then her concern about MC not being pure/balanced enough due to her own modifications doesn't make sense. No, I think it has to be one of the other powers. Authority doesn't really make too much sense. Order would probably work, but also it is exceptionally improbable. Of the remaining powers, Truth makes the most sense to me.

As for the age part, it's more of an ancillary argument. In theory, the age is actually irrelevant, so long as she is younger than the MC. She could've either been removed from him as an infant, child, or slightly younger, and I don't think it would change all that much.

As for the powers, I can see Authority, but Truth is not a bad fit by any stretch of the imagination.

EDIT:
To be fair, I did call it a crackpot theory

CandyGuru2214

Aug 13, 2023
Meat Puppet... little Ellie ?

Not really... other games with similar concepts and kinks are usually poor in quality and most of the good quality ones do not have similar concepts. This one is a rare blend of great concepts, unique story telling and weird sex stuff. Hard to find other games that will scratch this particular itch.
Oh okay thanks

Zeca Suez

Jun 26, 2018
As for the age part, it's more of an ancillary argument. In theory, the age is actually irrelevant, so long as she is younger than the MC. She could've either been removed from him as an infant, child, or slightly younger, and I don't think it would change all that much.
I found it quite weird that the shopkeep refers to both Charlie and MC as Charlie too, but I assumed it was just the shopkeep being whatever demented demonic crazy person he is.
Last time I was hanging around here someone had suggested as a child the MC received medical care at one of the hospitals which might have also had connections to Xanthe Jr. at that time. Their theory was about something different but it does provide the opportunity as per your theory, for Charlie being removed from the MC and then going into the care of Xanthe Jr. and later on passing onto Ellie.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: SquallofNight

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
I had considered Body, but then her concern about MC not being pure/balanced enough due to her own modifications doesn't make sense. No, I think it has to be one of the other powers. Authority doesn't really make too much sense. Order would probably work, but also it is exceptionally improbable. Of the remaining powers, Truth makes the most sense to me.

As for the powers, I can see Authority, but Truth is not a bad fit by any stretch of the imagination.

EDIT:

To be fair, I did call it a crackpot theory
Okay maybe, just maybe, this theory has some value but you have to think think about Authority not as how Jake used it but in the very concept itself: literally having authority over basically everything. Charlie being unkillable if someone doesn't meet the criteria is an example of it but I admit that it was pretty similar to what Eisteth, Truth's chosen, did. So while I don't think that Charlie is some part of MC or that he's partly of Truth, I can see Charlie being under Truth

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Charlie has a lot of baggage. She has an established family including Oscar, a named character. Met being an old friend of Oscar recognizes her and is even surprised that she is a Superhuman.

So this theory is already challenging a big part of what we know about her. We need to create an alternate history for her and there is absolutely no evidence to that end, so I wouldn't even know where to start.

Additionally, Authority + Truth are the safest assumptions for her power. The Truth part is probably what allows her to survive and return from death, but nothing else can be explained through Truth, as Eisheth at no point exhibits any ability to coerce or mentally dominate someone. If anything she even tells Kira that she isn't that good at negotiating anyway.

JackDiabrew

Oct 28, 2017
View attachment 3482239
Now I see one unanswered issue with the theory Charlie has a brother named Oscar.

JackDiabrew

Oct 28, 2017
Then there is necro with his wife.
Probably should clarify this too I'm sure some people here have girlfriends, partners, etc. Personally I'm here cuz I love reading, I love the game (first game in awhile that ive played and not once got upset about anything that happens storywise) and I simply enjoy reading everyone's comments on theories and lore. Anyways my ass just woke up and I'm going with someone else's guess of April 2nd so I've just been counting the days while dealing with the damn heat.

Reactions: Zeca Suez

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
I had considered Body, but then her concern about MC not being pure/balanced enough
Aren't the body/mind the only pair (or single ones) that want/allow for some amount of mixture? MC "might" have an issue with that going forward because he isn't 50/50 he is 75/25 (or something like that)

It's been pointed out multiple times since charlie was introduced and even more so when she was shown to have a connection to shopkeep that it is undoubtedly weird/ a possible hint at some connection. I personally think that the rest of SIN being introduced only furthers the weirdness between MC and Charlie. The "kids" at SIN all know that MC is important/relevant to Ella's plan (shen explaining to moon twins to not kill MC) and even Cole who has reason to "hate" MC (gonna steal ella from him) isn't as "rude"/"unreasonable" as charlie. Think about when Cole taunts MC that without SIN fighting valravn first there would be no way for MC to win, if you say oh thanks then Cole is taken aback (sprite changes to the one with shocked face) and more or less drops it after Zara says your welcome. Even I think charlie would have been more rude than Cole there. :HideThePain:

I can't recall but does shopkeep makes an attempt to stop calling MC charlie when MC and Charlie are both at the store? Or it maybe just seemed to happen less after? If that was an intentional change then what about shopkeep in the dream didnt they call MC charlie though? I could be confused, and even if it did happen the shopkeep in dead Ella's "dream" probably isn't the "real" shopkeep like the main "path" characters

harem.king

Aug 16, 2023
I would like a source on this, cause if this comes from the Shopkeeper himself, I don't really find that reliable.
IIRC it comes from the MC.
When he encounters charlie at the shopkeeper. and she gets confused about why he is calling the MC charlie. MC notes that he calls everyone charlie.

4.80 star(s) 302 Votes