3.50 star(s) 4 Votes
Feb 6, 2019
No, like I said, DeepL. I get the feeling there were some parts of the documents I wasn't supposed to translate, or maybe it's something else. I've never done it before, so this was a first attempt. I can't even use TL++ because of some kind of encryption problem.

DeepL was used to translate the vanilla game, but I don't know who did it and excessm won't say. Obviously, they're entitled to privacy, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish I knew who it was so I could try to help them out.
I used DeepL to translate the files, and I found that DeepL is inaccurate. If you're referring that the official English translation was made in DeepL, I highly doubt it. Try to provide more info like screenshots and be more specific with your problems, like providing screenshots of the TL++ encryption problem/error and the documents you translated with DeepL. I think that you broke something while moving the documents to the game folder, which means that you're going to need to redownload the game and retranslate from the beginning.

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
No, like I said, DeepL. I get the feeling there were some parts of the documents I wasn't supposed to translate, or maybe it's something else. I've never done it before, so this was a first attempt. I can't even use TL++ because of some kind of encryption problem.

DeepL was used to translate the vanilla game, but I don't know who did it and excessm won't say. Obviously, they're entitled to privacy, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish I knew who it was so I could try to help them out.
There was almost undoubtedly some callback string that needed to remain untouched that you translated, thus breaking the game. The more you translate, the easier it becomes to recognize those strings, but there is an aggravating learning curve at first.

Reactions: MacTastic9

Fire1023

Oct 25, 2019
I've little doubt that there was a big screw-up somewhere. I'll see what I can do. Like I said, though, I've never done something like this before. As for the DeepL thing, I'm just going off what excessm said. He even said the game was designed to make fan translations easier to create, along with instructions on what not to change. A part of me wishes I could just hire someone, but I don't know who did the first translation.

jeqtreqt

May 26, 2022
man ive tried this a few times with 3 diff AI approaches.... short of testing line by line there is something that gets lost in the sauce when you convert all the files and breaks the load.

you can do the menu files pretty easy with 1.2 and 1.3 but cant crack the code on the dialog

wish i knew what it was

Fire1023

Oct 25, 2019
So, if I translate the game using TL++ and its accessories, how would I share it with the folks on this thread? I can't send the translation file itself because its extension (.trans) is not permitted. If I converted it to something else, would the receiver be able to turn it back into a translation file?

To be clear, so far, I've only translated Echidna's spanking-related content (it's my fetish, sue me), but I could try to translate more in the future. It would be unfair to just keep it to myself, but I'd like to know how I can spread the joy.

Though I would have to go through the entire game all over again.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019
So, if I translate the game using TL++ and its accessories, how would I share it with the folks on this thread? I can't send the translation file itself because its extension (.trans) is not permitted. If I converted it to something else, would the receiver be able to turn it back into a translation file?

To be clear, so far, I've only translated Echidna's spanking-related content (it's my fetish, sue me), but I could try to translate more in the future. It would be unfair to just keep it to myself, but I'd like to know how I can spread the joy.

With TL++ you're injecting the translation directly into the game, so just share/upload everything but your saves.

Reactions: Fire1023

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018

For my translations, I've always just uploaded the translated map files into Mega or some other filesharing site, then posted the link to the patch here. That way, I don't have to provide the entire game and folks can patch the files in themselves.

Translator ++ makes the process easier, but does have it's shortcomings too. It does a decent job of highlighting strings that should not be translated though, so that should help.

DD84

Aug 27, 2022
My only complaint is that the bottom two new fighters shown in the picture are the same ones from Hagokoro (Ninja Excessm game).
I believe it is just a cameo; he has also included the nuns from Parade Buster in Yume-Same, but it feels like he is just throwing in girls from other games so he doesn't have to put in as much effort designing new characters, and I believe it is partly to entice people who were previously uninterested in the game to buy it.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
I believe it is just a cameo; he has also included the nuns from Parade Buster in Yume-Same, but it feels like he is just throwing in girls from other games so he doesn't have to put in as much effort designing new characters, and I believe it is partly to entice people who were previously uninterested in the game to buy it.
I haven't played to the sweaty girl yet but I can't see where the story can go from where it left off. The pacing will be all wrong and the stakes will be lower. Not only that but the metal girl is basically a copy of Coccona only less attractive and without her own gimmick. I wish Excessm would make a sequel and add the new girls into that instead. He could add recolors of the current ones as cameos or unlockable content.

Reactions: DD84 and MacTastic9

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
No need to worry about story, the extra characters are just extra fights, they have no relation to the main plot whatsoever
In fact you can only unlock them after finishing the game
That is what I was afraid of. These new girls should have been integrated into the story as other prisoners in Luna Rail.

redhawk97

Jan 20, 2023
View attachment 2591846

Overview:
A Punch-Out style 2D Boxing game with the goal of defeating the female opponent before you get knocked out or fall too far into temptation. If you don't, well...​
Thread Updated: 2023-11-24
Release Date: 2023-11-23
Original Title: スーパーパンチボーイ
Developer: excessm -
Censored: Yes
Version: 1.10
Language: English (Edited MTL)
Store:
Other Games: excessm
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

how do i get the text to appear in english?

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes