Mod Ren'Py Abandoned SummertimeSaga 0.17.5 - Ikarumod V1

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Keitaro420

Apr 17, 2018
Excuse me for asking this question here.

perhaps you unpacked the image.rpa, and the png images can not be visualized?

Thanks for your work by the way xD

bonzz

Mar 17, 2018
@ikaruga Great work on the mod, big tnx!

uncaught exception though, no ic patch, only yours v5

Last edited:

bonzz

Mar 17, 2018
@Keitaro420
that's becaus they're not png's they are webp, guess DC didn't want to screw with filenames when changing from png to webp
Code:
file char_jenny_01b.png
char_jenny_01b.png: RIFF (little-endian) data, Web/P image
You can open it with xnview/xnconvert

homer

Nov 12, 2016
I modded the garden, but not unederstand the memory leak. Does it crash too without the mod ? If so, then i can't help you. If not, i may need to review that part

nothing happens without the mod works correctly, dosen't crash

mamoru127

Sep 16, 2017
Hi @ikaruga, first of all thanks for the mod! I tried this out for the merged branch feature and I hit a problem with June. Basically you can only either get the June path or the Mrs. Johnson solo path, not both. At some point June's character image will turn to the one where Erik is beside her at the Computer Lab, and talking to them only gives you the "Nothing" choice, preventing you from ever hanging out with her in your room again. Is it possible for all 3 paths to be available in 1 save through this mod? (Aside from the obvious multiple saves in the vanilla version of course)

Thanks again by the way!

ikaruga

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
So guys after using v4, I cant go into Mia's home at night. is it only me??
Sorry i can't handle obsolete version of the mod, please update !
Hi @ikaruga, first of all thanks for the mod! I tried this out for the merged branch feature and I hit a problem with June. Basically you can only either get the June path or the Mrs. Johnson solo path, not both. At some point June's character image will turn to the one where Erik is beside her at the Computer Lab, and talking to them only gives you the "Nothing" choice, preventing you from ever hanging out with her in your room again. Is it possible for all 3 paths to be available in 1 save through this mod? (Aside from the obvious multiple saves in the vanilla version of course)

Thanks again by the way!
I may have missed some branches, but be awarned that it's not a very safe way to play the game.
The game branches work as follow : If you choose a path, an event chain is triggered, and the other one never. Then in the game, menu choice and / or images of characters are selected from witch event is triggerred at first.

My mod just trigger both events, so obviously there will be some glitch in the game, but imo no unplayable bugs...

You can go to Mrs Johnson one time, then go another time, to trigger first event before the second one. Sometime waiting a time lapse help to keep events clean. But i can't mess witch event state machine without making more bugs than features

ikaruga

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
Can you confirm no bugs in v7 because of v4 I had restart the whole game :'(
you can continue from any save, just update the mod.
Did you not use autosave saves to restart from the last day before your bug ?

Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
I am using V7 and chose not to activate both paths with Eric's Mom (I opted for the "girlfriend" route). Now every time I enter the main characters room I get asked if I want to activate the "sex education" route. Is that an issue only for me? I am also using the incest patch, may that cause this problem?

ikaruga

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
I activate both route either choice you made. It gets messy, i know. I'm trying to handle that. Maybe add some menus to choose event chains.

For now, the game check if some event are set to trigger scenes, and some time replaying the scene activate the wrong event.

It's an early stage, but i think i'll try to handle all of that soon ;)

Mar 12, 2018
@ikaruga sorry to bother you
you'll need to edit ur installation order, because in your 'scripts' directory only hv script.rpy, and i got confused between scripts.rpa or script.rpa

i tried as u told above, these things worked
-skipped launch game
-skipped intro
-ikaruga notification
-completed cookies jar

and these things didn't worked
-rollback
-fastforward

ikaruga

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
@ikaruga sorry to bother you
you'll need to edit ur installation order, because in your 'scripts' directory only hv script.rpy, and i got confused between scripts.rpa or script.rpa

i tried as u told above, these things worked
-skipped launch game
-skipped intro
-ikaruga notification
-completed cookies jar

and these things didn't worked
-rollback
-fastforward
rollback and fast forward were enabled by my unren.bat, will try to include them in next update

bonzz

Mar 17, 2018
please help me, i cant rolledback or fastforward
i hv done the order above
I am using V7 and chose not to activate both paths with Eric's Mom (I opted for the "girlfriend" route). Now every time I enter the main characters room I get asked if I want to activate the "sex education" route. Is that an issue only for me? I am also using the incest patch, may that cause this problem?
You guys really need to learn how to document your problem, just saying where you encountered the issue you're having means nothing to a modder/programmer. You can't really expect him to replay the game to where you got stuck.

A traceback file is generated whenever your game crashes, include it when you ask for something. I did and even when posting a question on an older version of Ikaruga's mod, he replied > solved in v7

Just saying, work in IT myself and if you can't solve something, document it!

Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
You guys really need to learn how to document your problem, just saying where you encountered the issue you're having means nothing to a modder/programmer. You can't really expect him to replay the game to where you got stuck.

A traceback file is generated whenever your game crashes, include it when you ask for something. I did and even when posting a question on an older version of Ikaruga's mod, he replied > solved in v7

Just saying, work in IT myself and if you can't solve something, document it!
I don't know where in my post you read about getting stuck or receiving an error?!
I simply stated that opting for not having both paths active at the same time resulted in me getting asked every time I enter the main character's bedroom if I want to active the route I didn't choose. Ikaruga seemed to have understood me and explained the reasoning behind it. So all is well. No idea why you felt it necessary include me in your little rant...

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote