• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Dev chat aside, how the hell do you start progression on anything new? Looking for this Consuela lady on Thursday, not coming up with much...

Reactions: obiwan

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Dev chat aside, how the hell do you start progression on anything new? Looking for this Consuela lady on Thursday, not coming up with much...
I haven't started playing yet, but the changelog says you should look for information around the broken statuette you found, so I guess it could be a good idea to talk to Clyde?

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
thats one of the many reasons why i havent completed the teacher questline yet only the lab teacher because everything gets restarted
I feel like, in DC's shoes, you don't know what to do on your first game round. You also don't expect it to have lasted THIS long and to have gained THIS much of a following for it to even matter. Second or third game I feel is when you can properly expect the lack of fuck ups to be far more prevalent in the content.

King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
I feel like, in DC's shoes, you don't know what to do on your first game round. You also don't expect it to have last THIS long and to have gained THIS much of a following for it to even matter. Second or third game I feel is when you can properly expect the lack of fuck ups to be far more prevalent in the content.
if this his first game then he struck gold due to how popular this game is and the amount of content it has not having compatible saves is just a small problem in his game

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
I feel like, in DC's shoes, you don't know what to do on your first game round. You also don't expect it to have last THIS long and to have gained THIS much of a following for it to even matter. Second or third game I feel is when you can properly expect the lack of fuck ups to be far more prevalent in the content.
Same thing happened to Notch. When Minecraft took off a bunch of other devs came on and were just set to work undoing layer after layer of Notch's terrible n00b code.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
if this his first game then he struck gold due to how popular this game is and the amount of content it has not having compatible saves is just a small problem in his game
I'd akin it to literally striking gold veins in your backyard and people criticizing you that you didn't have the proper mining gear to get started with or that you didn't properly survey the land first. This game is officially a substantial business. I'd be surprised if DC ever intended this game to have this much flack.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
He's quite an experienced artist who worked in the gaming/animation industry for about 10 years and who got fed up with it. SS was his way of teaching himself coding a bit better while getting to know renpy and it somehow became popular. It was never supposed to be a game in the first place, hence the early art, code, etc. was pretty bad/average at best.

King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
I'd akin it to literally striking gold veins in your backyard and people criticizing you that you didn't have the proper mining gear to get started with or that you didn't properly survey the land first. This game is officially a substantial business. I'd be surprised if DC ever intended this game to have this much flack.
its the internet people will find anything to complain about
He's quite an experienced artist who worked in the gaming/animation industry for about 10 years and who got fed up with it. SS was his way of teaching himself coding a bit better while getting to know renpy and it somehow became popular. It was never supposed to be a game in the first place, hence the early art, code, etc. was pretty bad/average at best.
damn i never knew that about him thats pretty cool

Cybuster

Sep 28, 2017
Are there people currently working on an incest patch? If not maybe we should wait until 0.20 for the main story.

Johnny-Doe

Lola's Daddy™︎
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 12, 2018
@Eerie Entity @Johnny-Doe @TheDevian
im glad i didnt played summertime saga game when it was last updated :D
@TheDevian @Eerie Entity @Johnny-Doe
im honesty surprised how many of my fellow pirates are crying and making useless comments about what they knew was going to happen once they updated their game files you know that saves arent compatible with new versions

so why update the game file if you dont want to lose your progress you can just use the cookie jar if you want to look at the scenes that is the reason it was created for
Who dares wake me from my slumber?!
DpjXnUyU0AA43JN.png

Yogi8156

May 23, 2018
So any idea when we maybe have a work save game function cross updates without starting over. Or maybe instead do a story mode and free play mode or sort of sorta getting bored on starting over there fore I don't play the game as often as I use to

Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
I honestly can't understand why so many people keep crying about the save file compatibility. It was explained over and over again that in order to make the savegames compatible, the code of several already existing stories has to be reworked. After 0.18 (Jenny) only Erik's story seems to be left and everytime it has been up in the polls it didn't win, which means the majority of Patrons don't care about it. And since they are the ones giving DarkCookie money he listens to them.
Yeah, you could argue if he should put it up to vote at all or just do it, but it's his game so he gets to decide how to proceed.

And all those people complaining "I have to do everything from the start with each update" don't seem to read the full announcements, because DarkCookie and his team started providing a save file with which you can play the new content without replaying the old one:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Kinda like a lot of other creators do when they change so much in their games that old saves lose compatibility. In my opinion a fine compromise until the last of the old code is reworked.

Gin Tama

Donor
Jun 2, 2017
I really like this game BUT my only gripe is that old saves aren't compatible every time there's a new version out. :cautious:

Reactions: tulkas

dragonarial

Apr 10, 2018
I started playing the new version, but I got error after mistake when I changed from one place to another, and instead of seeing the original scene I got the school hallway but with dialogs in progress, does anyone know what's going on? I had never gotten so many mistakes at the time of playing, in some cases I only give IGNORE, but keep coming out, help please. :cry::cry::eek::eek:

Shane2

Jul 3, 2018
i'd gladly play from the start any Major update to any of the Top Tier games..

only

i don't waste bytes on that Major update..

i wait for the 'bugfix' update to said Major update before downloading

and read the forums meanwhile

Merry Xmas f95zoners

4.20 star(s) 341 Votes