• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
In which order should I finish each character? It was already here, but I can not find the post anymore.
Do Jenny's before Debbie's to avoid bugs, do Erik's before Roxxy's to avoid nonsensical Dexter event. Besides that, I think there might be a tiny difference in dialogue if you do Jenny before Roxxy. Everything else is pretty much whenever you please. I'd suggest doing one at a time though, people have been reporting a ton of bugs while trying to do several characters at the same time.

Reactions: MerlinUSA

Buffalo Fred

Aug 5, 2016
If Jenny is the next update, does that mean this is the one where he changes some scenes within the game that includes her? I'm curious if he'll replace it with other scenes or just be lazy and cut them out.

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
If Jenny is the next update, does that mean this is the one where he changes some scenes within the game that includes her? I'm curious if he'll replace it with other scenes or just be lazy and cut them out.
Yeah DC already said that the sleep scenes are getting removed. Sparked a damn shitstorm here and on discord about "giving in to the SJWs" and a bunch of other malarkey.

Deleted member 62788

Jun 10, 2017
Hi everyone,

Not played since about V13 or something due to all the restarts. Should be enough new content to enjoy though now but I want to know if the in-game cheats break the game or anything. Cheers.

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
ive mentioned this before but your right about SJW because those cry babies where just causing problems because it isnt that difficult to tell Jenny is awake the whole sleep scene
No no no, don't go starting a flame war again. I agree that they need to butt out if they don't like it, but the so-called SJWs had nothing to do with DC's decision to remove the sleep scenes. I'm pretty sure he just decided to get rid of them as part of her upcoming rework.

King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
No no no, don't go starting a flame war again. I agree that they need to butt out if they don't like it, but the so-called SJWs had nothing to do with DC's decision to remove the sleep scenes. I'm pretty sure he just decided to get rid of them as part of her upcoming rework.
ok then

Reactions: DrFog

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
@TheDevian @Eerie Entity @Johnny-Doe
im honesty surprised how many of my fellow pirates are crying and making useless comments about what they knew was going to happen once they updated their game files you know that saves arent compatible with new versions

so why update the game file if you dont want to lose your progress you can just use the cookie jar if you want to look at the scenes that is the reason it was created for

That's NOT a good idea: this is a Ren'Py game. You'd better delete your save and persistent files in your AppData/Roaming/RenPy/SummertimeSaga folder before playing any new update.

MegaNZ

Jun 9, 2018
its called a furry which although its not even furry since it doesnt have fur and just a but plug for a tail

alot of people are frustrated by it however this has been happening ever since the beginning or atleast 2 years now if you want to quit it your choice no one is stopping you
Restarting wouldn't be bad if the game wsn't so far along already. I've restarted dozens of times already and I'm done restarting anymore. It's not my fault the dev can't think far enough ahead in the game to prevent from ever having to restart a game in the first place. I've spent literly weeks restarting over and over. That's just piss poor planning on them. Enough of the ridiculousness!

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
Restarting wouldn't be bad if the game wsn't so far along already. I've restarted dozens of times already and I'm done restarting anymore. It's not my fault the dev can't think far enough ahead in the game to prevent from ever having to restart a game in the first place. I've spent literly weeks restarting over and over. That's just piss poor planning on them. Enough of the ridiculousness!
In order for them to make the game have compatible saves they would need to take a huge chunk of development time to do so. This would then push back the next update even further away, which is something I'm sure DC is loathe to do with the already consistent slew of unhappy players having to wait so long in-between updates.

Reactions: MerlinUSA

Noce

Game Developer
Feb 3, 2017
In order for them to make the game have compatible saves they would need to take a huge chunk of development time to do so. This would then push back the next update even further away, which is something I'm sure DC is loathe to do with the already consistent slew of unhappy players having to wait so long in-between updates.
They also forget the issue that a lot of Coders worked on the game and some of the code is so messy and fucked, that's one of the reasons saves don't work is annoying I know but DrFog has a point it will really push back all the updates for months.

MegaNZ

Jun 9, 2018
Better to take some time to develope it right the first time around so all these restarts wouldn't be needed. Doing the same thing over and over again repetedly expecting different results IS the definition of insanity.

4.20 star(s) 341 Votes