j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Normally I just wait 3 or 4 updates to see the changes.
Well to be fair, the last update was as big as 2 or 3 updates for most other games and I'm somewhat sure this trend will continue for now. So I doubt we'll see more than 4-5 updates this year. Something like 0.15 in april, 0.16 at the start to mid of july, 0.17 for Diane somewhere in september, the "suprise update" 17.5 for halloween and 0.18 for Jenny somewhere in november/december.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
I will play again once its finish and has the original content restored to it. Mom, Sister and aunt.

Hobo

Mar 3, 2017
I just hope he uses the old content updates to unlink some story elements.
Personally I find it a bit annoying when I want to progress a characters story but get locked out of it because I am not far enough with another character.
This is especially tedious for the agility stat since it is linked to the sister story which is kinda linked to the mother.
Maybe it's not needed, but I play without a guide and just like to max stats asap to get stat requirements out of the way.
While it's of course nothing gamebreaking it's just bad design imo and also is probably why the cheating start stats was removed because the way it is linked into the story it just breaks stuff.
Also while I like the family content, it gets reworked all the time. Meanwhile you have Mia which I honestly don't know why not more people are mad about it. The Mia update was the worst he ever put out. It is a lot of loose ends and filler content that won't go anywhere anytime soon. You can't even have all content in the same playthrough because of choice and it ends in like 1 little scene for both. The Mia one is especially low effort.
I hope he has planned the content for the next year because with implementing of choices he writes himself into a corner and with his constant rewriting of old stuff it is prone to breaking things.

todistgut985

Dec 22, 2017
I dare you! ;D
It will
You're going to be waiting a long, long time then. At this point it's going to be years until completion. I'd understand waiting for a few versions, as the Diane and Jenny updates seem like they'll change a decent amount of the current content and make replaying more interesting.
Yeah, this is the kind of game that (despite the short term title) can be prolonged forever... to opening to new characters and places (islands, vacations other towns) situations (aliens, hospitalization, imprisonment) and new generations due to impregnation... New kids ... them doing it with each other... with their parents and neighbors old and young.

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
So DC is now going at 3 updates/year @ 360,000$/yr. I'm having trouble getting behind that and I AM a S/W engineer.

This doesn't take that long.
While duly noted, it should also be considered that no one has any idea of the needs of bug testing and other issues that come with creating a visual novel in the process of monthly downloads as compared to the Japanese model of a publisher financing the creation of a VN and completing it in two years...

JumoManMeer

Jun 6, 2018
are there any console commands to force certain scenes? I'm stuck in the part where you have to mow the lawn (but the scene won't activate).

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
@JumoManMeer As far as mowing the lawn, you have to first check the mower, then go to the mall and buy gas from the department store where you buy most everything else, then come back and interact with the mower again, (you might have to go into inventory and click on the gas when you're in the garage, but I think just clicking on the mower should do it, it's been a while since I last played that bit).

JumoManMeer

Jun 6, 2018
@JumoManMeer As far as mowing the lawn, you have to first check the mower, then go to the mall and buy gas from the department store where you buy most everything else, then come back and interact with the mower again, (you might have to go into inventory and click on the gas when you're in the garage, but I think just clicking on the mower should do it, it's been a while since I last played that bit).
I tried that, but when I click the lawn mower it says "(why would I use the lawn mower. The grass looks fine... ). Can I force myself to do the event or do I have a bad bug?

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
Are you sure you haven't mowed it before then? It is a one and done event. You offer to help around the house then your mother landlady suggests the lawn could use mowing, then you do what was mentioned above and you get the scene and once it's done that's it. I don't think you ever get a second chance to cut it again.

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
There were 111 in the last update and it was big so this one with 111 should be big to.
I'm guessing you made a typo, last update was 52.

Pretty tough to judge size of release based on tasks though, since we don't know what is involved in each task. As you said though, DC has mentioned this release will be sized similar to the teacher one. Which is good, gimme all dat Roxxy!

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
I'm guessing you made a typo, last update was 52.

Pretty tough to judge size of release based on tasks though, since we don't know what is involved in each task. As you said though, DC has mentioned this release will be sized similar to the teacher one. Which is good, gimme all dat Roxxy!
I was going off this post and I have no idea how it is staying current to the master.

4.20 star(s) 340 Votes