Lotstrike

Aug 4, 2017
Holdup, so his patrons donated him around 35k during the last 2 months and he spit out only 3 new H-scenes? For real? 2 months, 3 scenes? Oh. My. God. :) Ahaha, damn, the guy milks them all so hard. I bet he'll finish building a house and gets himself a nice new AMG before v0.2 releasing "updates' with 2-3 scenes every 2 damn months collecting his 20, 21, 22, 23, etc. thousand a month... and all those delusional fanboys will still defend him. That's so funny... and sad. I can't wait his donations to reach 50,000 a month while he continues to release 2-3 H-scenes updates. :)

Look, I'm not saying the guy is a scam artist. DC clearly has talent and I'm happy he has found a way to monetize his talent and earn a living. but take a look at it from an economical point of view. Let's say we have 4 scenes per update. DC's "animation" are simple slideshows with 4-5 frames per pose. Let's say we have 3 poses per scene.

4 scenes * 3 poses * 5 frames = 60 pics
An average cost of 3 of the latest updates = 35k

35,000 / 60 = $583

Don't get me wrong - drawing (an virtually any creative work) is not easy but holy Moses, you give him $500+ for a single pic. He's a genius if you ask me. He actually managed to build a community ready to pay him $500+ per pic.

Want a comparison? :) Apple. Gucci.

Dudes...
... that. is. nuts.
Good points but the real question an economist would ask is if he has such an easy racket going on why isn't he being undercut by competition? No one leaves a $20 bill on the street for long, or to put it in concrete terms, if an h-artist can really make easy money in the way you paint that picture, why is Summertime Saga and Akabur virtually the only western erotic games on the market making that easy dough? Perhaps there's costs to the process that we are not thinking of that are why supply is as low as it is...

Reactions: Chamber1381

dartis

Oct 15, 2016
Good points but the real question an economist would ask is if he has such an easy racket going on why isn't he being undercut by competition? No one leaves a $20 bill on the street for long, or to put it in concrete terms, if an h-artist can really make easy money in the way you paint that picture, why is Summertime Saga and Akabur virtually the only western erotic games on the market making that easy dough? Perhaps there's costs to the process that we are not thinking of that are why supply is as low as it is...
A lot of grind and the promise of everything being worth it in the end always draws people in, hook, line and sinker.

Just look at 1950's America. The promised land; where hard work=riches and anybody can become anything if they set their mind to it.

Reactions: Daijuna

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
So the public release is like v0.2 or just simply released in a later hour ?
We released the same thing DarkCookie released, we just did it around same time if you're confused. 0.14.1 is the new Mia storyline build + a bug fix from 0.14.1

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
There might not be a change-log until tomorrow. Just so you all know. v0.14.1 is the new Mia storyline build + a bug fix that was present in 0.14.

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
Holdup, so his patrons donated him around 35k during the last 2 months and he spit out only 3 new H-scenes? For real?
Donation is the key word here. I guess you don't fully understand what that word means.
Most donators don't give a shit about monthly updates, they just want to make sure the game get's actually finnished.

Reactions: HB38

aliscad

Jun 14, 2017
Donation is the key word here. I guess you don't fully understand what that word means.
Most donators don't give a shit about monthly updates, they just want to make sure the game get's actually finnished.
Only a moron will abandond a project like this. I mean almost 20k a month.

Reactions: Major Wanker

Darth Helmet

May The Schwartz Be With You
Respected User
Donor
Apr 7, 2017
Too busy to grind through everything again. Can someone please share a save prior to the new scenes? Thanks.

Reactions: darlic
T

TMWSTW

Would someone upload just the 0.14.1 fix? My internet sucks so I'd rather not just download the whole thing again. I just lost all my progress due to accidentally clicking on the task list rather than the attributes list.
It wouldn't bother me too much but you have to complete so much old content first to get access to the new stuff. For example I got locked out of the homework side quest by the shower scene charisma requirement so I was mid charisma grind when it crashed.

ilozq

Jul 26, 2017
geez, everytime freeloaders enter his patreon and see the number they start bitching out of jealousy...the money he earns is basically a TIP, which means if you liked the service provided to you, you give them something for their work. if you didn't like it, well that's just your opinion, you can simply fuck off

Shocker

Jun 2, 2017
geez, everytime freeloaders enter his patreon and see the number they start bitching out of jealousy...the money he earns is basically a TIP, which means if you liked the service provided to you, you give them something for their work. if you didn't like it, well that's just your opinion, you can simply fuck off
I think he was admiring DC's ability to monetize pictures at 500 bucks a pop. Are you a Dev or something? awfully defensive.

dahaka3

May 6, 2017
i give them a like, hope thats enough

ilozq

Jul 26, 2017
I think he was admiring DC's ability to monetize pictures at 500 bucks a pop. Are you a Dev or something? awfully defensive.
nope, i'm just another freeloader and seeing people bitch here triggers me. i just don't understand how can people feel this entitled...

Reactions: TurtleKing9000
4.20 star(s) 341 Votes