j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Well considering its been downhill since the Roxxy update, I think were getting there. I really hope this update is good, and they prove everyone wrong.
The problem with those reworks is simply that most content doesn't really feel new and thus it's quite easy to feel disappointed. In Diane's case most content was redone but since most was known in one way or the other many probably didn't even notice. In Jenny's case the changes seem to bigger though, so I'd guess it should at least feel a little better.

PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
What's the new sex scene? I stopped at v17.0 and I'm not really sure I want to spend like 5 hours grinding through all of that again to hunt down one scene.

tine

Mar 3, 2019
hii can anyone help me on the scene after debbie and diane were in the pool .. im playing on windows 7 and shows not responding after debbie sleeps in my room upstairs

VonRaschke

Aug 11, 2016
When it does drop, its gonna be worth it.
Probably not for the people that Jenny isn't a favorite of theirs. It's a slippery slope DC is embarking upon with these 4+ month update cycles. If an update is primarily focused upon a character someone isn't crazy about then that means they would have to wait at least 8 months for an update that does interest them. On the flip side, for projects that update monthly (some even bi-monthly), if there's an update that doesn't tickle your fancy then you only have to wait a month, sometimes less, for a new update to try and get your attention. Also, you may say "But DC also adds content for other girls that aren't the focus!", but those are just tiny additions, and those "tiny additions" add on even more development time to the cycle so in essence you're making someone wait even longer just for some scraps of the thing they want most.

Gunsmoke games went through something similar last year, and it seems they've understood the dangers of that development cycle and they've pledged to correct that with more frequent and focused updates. It would be nice to see DC also change his stubborn ways, but I honestly don't see him doing that.

Rickster82

Sep 10, 2017
Hey guys, I'm on a flying visit again. What about a new update for Summertime Saga? The last one was in December.

Aug 11, 2017
The game is for free, no one has to support them to get the game. So stop complaing. It's gona be ready when it's ready, and Summertime Saga is already more complete then any other game I see around here.

Also, what do you expect? I bet you are the first complaining that old saves don't work when it's out, and that you have to do all over from start again. So maybe it's your better option to forget about the game anyway for a year or so and come back two or three updates later.
I really don't understand this type of argument. Just because it's free, that doesn't shield it from criticism. That's like saying it's stupid to complain that the air smells bad because the air is free. Also, you're assuming shit about me. I have never complained about saves or stupid unimportant stuff. This is actually my first complaint and criticism about this game, I have been a fan since day 1. But thanks for your input.

MasterQ

Nov 28, 2016
Probably not for the people that Jenny isn't a favorite of theirs. It's a slippery slope DC is embarking upon with these 4+ month update cycles. If an update is primarily focused upon a character someone isn't crazy about then that means they would have to wait at least 8 months for an update that does interest them. On the flip side, for projects that update monthly (some even bi-monthly), if there's an update that doesn't tickle your fancy then you only have to wait a month, sometimes less, for a new update to try and get your attention. Also, you may say "But DC also adds content for other girls that aren't the focus!", but those are just tiny additions, and those "tiny additions" add on even more development time to the cycle so in essence you're making someone wait even longer just for some scraps of the thing they want most.

Gunsmoke games went through something similar last year, and it seems they've understood the dangers of that development cycle and they've pledged to correct that with more frequent and focused updates. It would be nice to see DC also change his stubborn ways, but I honestly don't see him doing that.
DC is doing more than 40k a month. He won't change a thing, especially the development time between updates. It took...what, 4 months to re-do Diane story (and we know how it turned out) and so far 3 months for Jenny (and at the very least another one). I'm not saying he's scamming people, but he's indeed taking things with a slow pace. And it works: he has now such a big base of paying people that even if some part of it got tired, he can still do the way he does things now and get quite a lot of money.

401Grem

May 14, 2017
Also, if my memory doesn't betray me, he was asking for more money to hire new people on his team? So his development team got significantly bigger, but his updates are coming out slower and with less content? Seems pretty bullshit to me.
I fail to understand why you invest so much time and emotions criticizing something that was and is none of your concern? Complaining here amounts to nothing more then defamation, take it to his discord and ask him directly, or drop it.

Reactions: Sync

The Surgeon

Apr 9, 2018
People seriously underestimate the amount of work required for each update and overestimate the amount of money 40k a month is. Yes, someone is quitting their dayjob and become a h-game developer because they want to do minimal work and cash in on Patreon for a few years and do nothing of course.
Starting your own game and kinda your own company for such a game is not the path someone would take if they just want to cruise by and make money doing nothing. Everyone who has ever worked in an office job would know that you can do that way more easily there. I bet almost nobody here has any experience in either art, coding or game making in general but think they are the ultimate authority on how long making a game is supposed to take based on their feeling of "it should have been done already".

Same shit for every game that isn't updating weekly.

Nov 11, 2017
This game hasn't been good in a long while, hopefully the new update changes that
Nah, Roxxy's update was great, nice amount of content and scenes, I wouldn't mind if each update takes time to have the same content quality or better, as Roxxy's update, but alas, Diane's update show that wasn't the case, more time for less, and I'm expecting that Jenny's will be the same, I really hope that 0.19 gets a good amount of content for the development time, if not, then DC is heading to a very difficult situation, I hope he get his mojo back again, but only time will tell...

secretsonny

Jan 1, 2019
People seriously underestimate the amount of work required for each update and the amount of money 40k a month is. Yes, someone is quitting their dayjob and become a h-game developer because they want to do minimal work and cash in on Patreon for a few years and do nothing.
Starting your own game and kinda your own company for such a game is not the path someone would take if they just want to cruise by and make money doing nothing. Everyone who has ever worked in an office job would know that you can do that way more easily there. I bet almost nobody here has any experience in either art, coding or game making in general but think they are the ultimate authority on how long making a game is supposed to take based on their feeling of "it should have been done already".

Same shit for every game that isn't updating weekly.
But muh favorite 3d game with simplistic playstyle/story and premade assets comes out every insert interval of time here.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I'm tired of everyone blindly defending this game from legitimate complaints. Yes it's a great game, but criticism is okay when it's coherent, which that persons was. It wasn't a 'whens NTR coming' or the other random dumb complaints you see all over this website.

And then you start making random assumptions about what this person complains about. If you think they complain about the save issue (a legitimate issue that I personally don't really mind) then go dig through their posts and find the damn hypothetical post you made up, or stop making pointless assumptions about people and go put some more highheels on random characters.
I really don't understand this type of argument. Just because it's free, that doesn't shield it from criticism. That's like saying it's stupid to complain that the air smells bad because the air is free. Also, you're assuming shit about me. I have never complained about saves or stupid unimportant stuff. This is actually my first complaint and criticism about this game, I have been a fan since day 1. But thanks for your input.
I am sorry I apparently quoted the wrong post to make my statement. There were a couple of guys complaining on a much less justified basis. Sorry for that, all is well.

But my statement stays. The game is free, so there is nothing to complain about, especially not something like that they were milking patrons or such. Because they don't.

I know you didn't say that, and that you did not complain about saves, but others did.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Also, if my memory doesn't betray me, he was asking for more money to hire new people on his team? So his development team got significantly bigger, but his updates are coming out slower and with less content? Seems pretty bullshit to me.
Increasing the amount of people means they can tackle more, and that doesn't necessarily mean they can do it faster. So you have two options. They either keep putting on the same level of content at a quicker rate, or they get more ambitious and tackle more varied and well crafted content and take longer. Personally I say the latter is a better choice, as I'd rather we get a great game later than a good game now.

Aug 11, 2017
Increasing the amount of people means they can tackle more, and that doesn't necessarily mean they can do it faster. So you have two options. They either keep putting on the same level of content at a quicker rate, or they get more ambitious and tackle more varied and well crafted content and take longer. Personally I say the latter is a better choice, as I'd rather we get a great game later than a good game now.
The problem is not necessarily speed. It is the speed-to-quality ratio.
If you put out a small update, (which, let's be honest, the Diane "update" was pretty dull and didn't encompass any story at all, few dragged out sex scenes and pretty short) but you require larger and larger amounts of time, that's milking patrons. Disclaimer though, this is just how I see things, it's completely subjective.
You say they get ambitious and tackle more varied and well crafted content. Where is that? When was that? They did almost no main story in almost 3 years since release, and they've started 'remaking' character stories. I mean, come on.. I sincerely want to be 110% proven wrong, with this upcoming update. But I am not very hopeful. To take 5-6 months to remake the Jenny story is pretty long.

Reactions: KaiserST
4.20 star(s) 340 Votes