Ante

Jun 14, 2017
Is this game dead or what? This game used to be extremely popular and the dude pumped out updates monthly, but nothing for like 2 years now when he makes good money? I guess he moved on with life.

• Haha
Reactions: Lust4Lucy

Vertius

Dec 22, 2019
I'm having some trouble. I'm at the stage with Jenny where you need to read her diary then give her a necklace, but nothing happens when I read her diary, and when I try and give her a necklace she says ew.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I'm having some trouble. I'm at the stage with Jenny where you need to read her diary then give her a necklace, but nothing happens when I read her diary, and when I try and give her a necklace she says ew.
Have you checked the and waited for 3 days to pass, then have the MC talk with her in the hallway in the morning and then wait until the next morning to continue?

GNova

Oct 5, 2019
Is this game dead or what? This game used to be extremely popular and the dude pumped out updates monthly, but nothing for like 2 years now when he makes good money? I guess he moved on with life.
Well, in the word of the pledgers, he is finishing the tech update (I mean, he already spent like a year on the pre-tech updates, so it would be like 3 years on this godforsaken update) (another thing that I didn't understand, is what the fuck is this tech update, like you need 3 years to update what? And from what I heard *, it isn't even going to give a lot of new content, just this tech update)

• Wow
Reactions: Lust4Lucy

JacktheMonkey

Nov 11, 2017
Well, in the word of the pledgers, he is finishing the tech update (I mean, he already spent like a year on the pre-tech updates, so it would be like 3 years on this godforsaken update) (another thing that I didn't understand, is what the fuck is this tech update, like you need 3 years to update what? And from what I heard *, it isn't even going to give a lot of new content, just this tech update)
I can tell you with almost certainty he's doing next to nothing and calling it "huge". He makes about 2 million a year on Patreon and since 2022 all he has to do is give minor little messages about some tiny update coming up and he can keep the cash cow going. It's a shame.

massifteetees

Apr 5, 2020
I used to support the game. Not anymore. And for good reasons.
Dang, same here. Tbf it was still in good quality when I stopped pledging (2018-2019?). I haven't played in a long while and heard the commotion recently and damn dude's making millions. People never learn. Meanwhile you have a lot of sub-$100 devs that are actively developing their games who deserve more support, feels bad.

Most devs take the milking route when they get too big. I was complaining about Evakiss' game yesterday but at least she still updates constantly, people mostly complain about her story going all over the place. Darkcookie has no interest to develop this shit properly anymore, and by the time he decides he's done milking, there will still going to be thousand$$ left in the milking tank.

anka14

Jan 14, 2017
guys i said that he fucked up code and he couldnt write a proper one for tech update i guess. he had to finish already

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Dang, same here. Tbf it was still in good quality when I stopped pledging (2018-2019?). I haven't played in a long while and heard the commotion recently and damn dude's making millions. People never learn. Meanwhile you have a lot of sub-$100 devs that are actively developing their games who deserve more support, feels bad.

Most devs take the milking route when they get too big. I was complaining about Evakiss' game yesterday but at least she still updates constantly, people mostly complain about her story going all over the place. Darkcookie has no interest to develop this shit properly anymore, and by the time he decides he's done milking, there will still going to be thousand$$ left in the milking tank.
Evakiss is pretty regular with her updates, but her art is also traced from photos. You win some, you lose some.

massifteetees

Apr 5, 2020
Evakiss is pretty regular with her updates, but her art is also traced from photos. You win some, you lose some.
I have no problem with that. In fact she made it quite clear, I read an article interview about her game, where she showed the way she produces her art. It's not 100% tracing, or straight up "photo to drawing" conversion. She redraws her traces to produce something totally new. But let's not change the subject since this is Summertime Saga's thread.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Xupuzulla

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
I have no problem with that. In fact she made it quite clear, I read an article interview about her game, where she showed the way she produces her art. It's not 100% tracing, or straight up "photo to drawing" conversion. She redraws her traces to produce something totally new. But let's not change the subject since this is Summertime Saga's thread.
I mainly said it for transparency, since not everyone is okay with that. Just like how not everyone is cool with AI art.

And look around you. When was the last time the game was actually discussed in here instead of DCs patreon practices. Which, by the way, is actually strictly against the rules of the forum. But nobody cares to enforce it. So might as well talk about whatever.

massifteetees

Apr 5, 2020
I mainly said it for transparency, since not everyone is okay with that. Just like how not everyone is cool with AI art.

And look around you. When was the last time the game was actually discussed in here instead of DCs patreon practices. Which, by the way, is actually strictly against the rules of the forum. But nobody cares to enforce it. So might as well talk about whatever.
I think that shows how dry the game has got, nobody discusses it anymore. There's barely any real content, so what is there to discuss? On fhe other hand, here's blatant milking by the dev, so there's plenty to discuss on that. Threads, after all, are for discussing development as well, for better or worse.

FrayTomás

Mar 17, 2019
Yeah because we finished the game 3 years ago. Imagine playing this for the first time and having outdated Trump stuff as part of the main story.
Can you imagine that the next "real update" (Rhonda) comes with him again in the power? This could be hilarious, like the reality decided to make the game true XD.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
There's barely any real content, so what is there to discuss?
Well, teeehnically DC is streaming several times a week, so there's actually plenty of new stuff that could be talked about. Like the fact that Melonia now seems to redecorate Rump's mansion after he's gone, that it looks like the Thotbot is going to get some action in the future, etc.

Yet, these information just drowns in the sea of BS. So even people who may be interested in that, will almost certainly miss it, unless they want to dig through 10 pages of complaints.

By now even the Summertimesaga subreddit offers a substancially better experience for those who like to talk about the actual game compared to this...

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 337 Votes