Summertime Saga and Insexual Awakening Art Style

tylercurtis

Jun 10, 2018
I would like to start developing my own games. So far, the art style I enjoy most is that of Summertime Saga and Insexual Awakening. Are these images created using 3d tools and then rendered using toon shaders, or are they "hand-drawn" using something like Krita?

More importantly, are there any tutorials out there for creating art in a similar style, ideally using Krita or Blender?

Reactions: lots`o`fap
D

Deleted member 1063287

Summertime saga is drawn in photoshop, DarkCookie has livestreams where he draws, as for insexual awakening im not quite sure.

Reactions: $@~ and lots`o`fap

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
They are drawn, usually no matter how good a shader is, you can tell when something is 3D or not (Unless it's done extremely well), see anime like Overlord for instance... 3D is pretty noticeable when used.

As for tutorials, drawing is the best practice you can get... I went from the "worst art ever seen" skill to "probably a bit disgusting art" skill, it was an upgrade.

D

Deleted member 1063287

They are drawn, usually no matter how good a shader is, you can tell when something is 3D or not (Unless it's done extremely well), see anime like Overlord for instance... 3D is pretty noticeable when used.

As for tutorials, drawing is the best practice you can get... I went from the "worst art ever seen" skill to "probably a bit disgusting art" skill, it was an upgrade.
Would you mind showing a before and after just so I can see if any marginal improvement can be made in reasonable time

D

Deleted member 1063287

Decent improvement, but the lines are pretty jagged.

Furyous D

Aug 11, 2017
i would say thats a huge improvement, from unfapable, to fapabale
i wouldn't say the 1st image is unfapable at all, the 2nd is a huge improvement though.
not that the 1st image is even bad really, it's main problem is the jagged lineart and there are probably some proportion errors idk, the 2nd one is much better although imo the breasts are way to big but they are the only problems with it imho.

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
i wouldn't say the 1st image is unfapable at all, the 2nd is a huge improvement though.
not that the 1st image is even bad really, it's main problem is the jagged lineart and there are probably some proportion errors idk, the 2nd one is much better although imo the breasts are way to big but they are the only problems with it imho.
Did Winterfire pay you? WHAT IS THE MEANING OF RE-UPPING A THREAD FROM 2021?!?!