Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
View attachment 3364434
Is this true or farfetched? WIAB user ending will carry over to SG? So, if we avoid Nika being born in WIAB then the protag will differ in SG? Man, this sounds so ambitious, LMAO.
NB: Deleted member 327695 = Ocean
That's why I keep saying, that every player should consider his own playthrough as canon. No matter what's being hinted at in the other games.
I sadly don't have the resources to implement choices from WiAB into SG.
The scope of this (integrating 5 Games with thousands of choices) would probably even make a big Triple-A Studio cry.

I'm trying to keep it somewhat vague, but some plot points I just need to force.
I can only tell you to pretend that your own experience is the real deal. (I might give a little choice at some point in SG (To pick your WiAB Li), to at least cater some dialogue to your own experience.

Sorry, but that's all I can offer atm.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
View attachment 3364434
Is this true or farfetched? WIAB user ending will carry over to SG? So, if we avoid Nika being born in WIAB then the protag will differ in SG? Man, this sounds so ambitious, LMAO.
There's nothing saying that the choices that carry over can do anything to prevent a certain bunch of events. Nika's conception might occur a year after the events of WiaB. Despite all the theories, Nika can be completely independant from the Zanes, and their interest is of a different nature.

We need to know what choices we CAN make before wondering if we can terminator Nika. I'd laugh if the only choices that carried over were whether you lost the game of darts and got Katie the sweet or spicy chicken :sneaky: In that scenario, the only thing that changes is dialogue potentially. The core canon stays the same, but the player choices add colour. Maybe we see extra photos on Aurora to add lore/background.

What I do know is that it is so far away that I'm not really worried about the extra immersion by that point. I'll have played and replayed it all many times by then - SG will be too far advanced for me to feel like this is an important thing - currently no decisions in WiaB are really worth porting across. By season 3 maybe? But how much will that change your memories of what you've already played up to season 4 of SG? This kind of thing only makes sense as a director's cut/DLC for completionists because both games are currently being played simultaneously. Ocean would have to stop developing SG and release WiaB finished for this to have a meaningful impact.

The reason we think it's challenging is we all have our own theory of what the canon ending of WiaB is and we don't even know what caused Helen's drama.

Imagine the scene in the book club: Jenna is arguing with Katie about back shots. Maybe you get to chose what sports or who is on your team in WiaB - the dialogue would be changed to reflect who was involved, increasing immersion. Or Willi gets someone pregnant and you see their content via Aurora as a side character with no screen time. Or there are news articles when Nika starts finding out his back story, and they're coloured with the Wiab choices.

The outcome of the Zanes, Reveras and Petrovas creating a shell company is set in canon, Katie, Leia and Willi surviving is set. We can even see that Katie has a knowing history of fiery attitudes with Willi, as Emilia tries goading Katie about Willi. We know Ayua is canon, even if we don't know the details.

Other things could be flexible: for example, the twins could be Gina's if she gets Willi to cuck her boyfriend. Or they could still be Gina's even if she doesn't. That's what I mean by flavour - a lot of the backstory can be rewritten to explain the canon events, with a simple dialogue replacement. Other things might be cameos that are switched on if certain variables are met in WiaB.

I'm looking forward to Nami and Gefritzel's scene, when they take back Noji's house from the mice :sneaky:

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
There's nothing saying that the choices that carry over can do anything to prevent a certain bunch of events. Nika's conception might occur a year after the events of WiaB. Despite all the theories, Nika can be completely independant from the Zanes, and their interest is of a different nature.

We need to know what choices we CAN make before wondering if we can terminator Nika. I'd laugh if the only choices that carried over were whether you lost the game of darts and got Katie the sweet or spicy chicken :sneaky: In that scenario, the only thing that changes is dialogue potentially. The core canon stays the same, but the player choices add colour. Maybe we see extra photos on Aurora to add lore/background.

What I do know is that it is so far away that I'm not really worried about the extra immersion by that point. I'll have played and replayed it all many times by then - SG will be too far advanced for me to feel like this is an important thing - currently no decisions in WiaB are really worth porting across. By season 3 maybe? But how much will that change your memories of what you've already played up to season 4 of SG? This kind of thing only makes sense as a director's cut/DLC for completionists because both games are currently being played simultaneously. Ocean would have to stop developing SG and release WiaB finished for this to have a meaningful impact.

The reason we think it's challenging is we all have our own theory of what the canon ending of WiaB is and we don't even know what caused Helen's drama.

Imagine the scene in the book club: Jenna is arguing with Katie about back shots. Maybe you get to chose what sports or who is on your team in WiaB - the dialogue would be changed to reflect who was involved, increasing immersion. Or Willi gets someone pregnant and you see their content via Aurora as a side character with no screen time. Or there are news articles when Nika starts finding out his back story, and they're coloured with the Wiab choices.

The outcome of the Zanes, Reveras and Petrovas creating a shell company is set in canon, Katie, Leia and Willi surviving is set. We can even see that Katie has a knowing history of fiery attitudes with Willi, as Emilia tries goading Katie about Willi. We know Ayua is canon, even if we don't know the details.

Other things could be flexible: for example, the twins could be Gina's if she gets Willi to cuck her boyfriend. Or they could still be Gina's even if she doesn't. That's what I mean by flavour - a lot of the backstory can be rewritten to explain the canon events, with a simple dialogue replacement. Other things might be cameos that are switched on if certain variables are met in WiaB.

I'm looking forward to Nami and Gefritzel's scene, when they take back Noji's house from the mice :sneaky:
You guys are arguing over nothing.

You will never see a SG's season 3 and you will never see a WiaB ending. I bet you will never meet William in SG, you will never know who Nika and Nami's parents were and you will never know what happened to Summer.

Sarica

Time Waits For No One
Trial Moderator
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Aug 18, 2017
Please stay ON TOPIC. Do not derail the thread with off topic arguments. Discuss the game in question with each other, politely, without insults, flame baiting etc. If you are unable to do so, then don't respond. If you think a comment violates the rules, report it and we'll take care of it. But do not engage in pointless back and forth nonsense, spanning multiple pages. If such behavior continues, thread bans will begin.

If there is stuff you want to discuss, that is not specifically about this game, then I suggest you move to our 'Off-Topic' subforum.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Xeron_Xr and Garen

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
All right. Please somebody explain their "raccoon plot theory".

What's the point with it? who is the raccoon? what is he/she doing? is he/she involved with Summer? is he/she acquainted with William?

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018

What's the point with it? who is the raccoon? what is he/she doing? is he/she involved with Summer? is he/she acquainted with William?
I think the raccoon is just a mascot. I don't think Ocean really has a plan for it in either SG or WiaB, he just likes the silliness of it. Maybe some kind of fan service to something? ...next update maybe we'll find out it's Nika's daddy :sneaky:

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017

He's the commander-in-chief of the crack Woodland Commandos, whose purpose is to liberate all pastry products from the humans for distribution to oppressed mammals everywhere.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.40 star(s) 493 Votes