BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I mean, sure, I wasn't talking from a new player's perspective, and you're right, they won't know what they're missing (at least until they delve deeper) and at worst they'll feel that there's no pay-off to certain scenes. I also agree that some of the changes do make the game flow a bit better.

That said, I'm not sure how new players are gonna feel about the game... I reckon most are gonna be expecting the usual AVN content, i.e. a lot of lewd stuff, so they're not gonna be satisfied. And then the other group that might be interested in the story? Maaan, with that begining and how bad the translations are, I'm not sure they'll be satisfied either, so it's possible a lot of people will just bail & even refund.

I'll say it again, he went with a half-measure solution and that's a mistake, but more importantly, I feel the game needed some more work before launching it on Steam, particularly the dialogues... but it's too late, I guess... we'll see how it does, at least that much should be interesting.
Still waiting for a full day's reacts to return...

Taken as a standalone, without the history, I'm enjoying it for what it is. The main question of why nerf the game for the music, considering the massive cuts, well, it was a sliver at a time, he should've just ripped the bandaid, and cut the losses with the music. It would've taken juat as long to find new music, but he'd not have the cloud hanging over the rating. Hindsight as a back seat driver is great. I'd imagine the music cost Ocean way too much time mentally and emotionally; he couldn't justify writing off the expense as a loss.

Why I say that, is heading towards S2 now, how many people will play S1 to catch up to S2 when it's 18+? I'd say the people who expect lewds just want to jump in to S2 and ignore S1, but that won't make as much sense for them. People like me, well, we don't mind S1 at all, so there's no problem, but to grow his market, Ocean has to consider how to do a decent synopsis for S1 that allows player without a history of the game to catch up. We're a while away from that, so that's Ocean's problem he should be considering now.

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
From Oceans discord:

Summer's Gone - Season 1 is now available on Patreon!

Patreon:

SS:

To comply with Steam/Epic Games/GOG, Season 1 is only available for the new Serene ($15 tier) and above.
Season 2 updates, of course, will again be available for the Summer tier ($5)

Epic Games follows later today.

Report all potential bugs to Bug Report channel! Thank you!

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Brooooooo. Bro.......I'm not trying to be mean, but this isnt twitter. You can post paragraphs. Not every thought has to be spaced out. Also this reads more like a review and there's an entire section for that.
You know...
No one forces you to read here...
This is not school. ;)

Cheers!! :coffee:*

*fewer words, paragraph style - good now? ;)

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I'll say it again, he went with a half-measure solution and that's a mistake, but more importantly, I feel the game needed some more work before launching it on Steam, particularly the dialogues... but it's too late, I guess... we'll see how it does, at least that much should be interesting.
Dude, are you for real? MORE WORK ?!?!?!?

Seriously, am I reading what I'm reading...? Y O U W A N T E D S O M E M O R E W O R K ???? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

More re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-work ?!?!?!?!?

Seriously, dude. :mad:

Candy Suxx

Oct 11, 2019
I hope this was the last time this game sees a rework and only moves forward from now on irrespective of how it performs on Steam.

• Haha
Reactions: Abhai

SweatyDevil

Jan 8, 2022
I hope this was the last time this game sees a rework and only moves forward from now on irrespective of how it performs on Steam.
I remember Ocean said in one dev vlog that from now on he will not care if it's gonna look like rune and will move only forward. Let's hope that's stay true

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022

Seriously, am I reading what I'm reading...? Y O U W A N T E D S O M E M O R E W O R K ???? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

More re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-work ?!?!?!?!?

I mean, fixing the early chapters' dialogues should've been done ages ago and honestly, and he shouldn't have censored it or tweaked some of the shit that was completely fine, of course... but anyways, it's not "what I want", it's what the game needs... If you guys think he won't change anything else, I got news for you :ROFLMAO: (he's already backpedaled with the topless nami scenes anyways).

At this point I kinda don't care anymore, like I've already said, this is one of the games where it's just best to let go and move on... it's not unsalvageable, but seeing how Ocean doesn't seem to know what the fuck he's doing, I don't have a lot of faith.

massagecook01

Oct 6, 2022
there was changes to the steam version for nami at the lake topless and her walk in 4.5 when you slapped her butt, just a heads up.

Mr_Mister

Jan 9, 2020

maybe this will change your mind !
1715606263016.png Screenshot 2024-05-13 082240.png Screenshot 2024-05-13 082445.png
looks how much retouches this single characters has gone through from right to left : #1 episode 3 , #2 episode 4 , #3 episode 5

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Winterstale
4.40 star(s) 494 Votes