Ozygator

Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Maybe a dumb question but was the non-Beta version ever released? Is it just not here or never made it out fully?

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Maybe a dumb question but was the non-Beta version ever released? Is it just not here or never made it out fully?
It was supposed to be a 2-weeks to a few weeks later (someone said December) like WiAB, I guess they just decided to push ahead for Steam and make it the full release.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
It was supposed to be a 2-weeks to a few weeks later (someone said December) like WiAB, I guess they just decided to push ahead for Steam and make it the full release.
Ch5 Full was meant to be released as the full Season 1 as the Steam release, but Ocean typically underestimates release dates, and how many renders he will add. The full chapter adds 1700 new renders, so overachievement is the reason for the delay. I guess there's a first 'official release syndrome' or something. I don't think it was ever going to be released prior to Steam. There's also an Epic release (which is slated for April on their store), with a future Gog release planned at a later date. I assume the patreon release will be coincident with the Steam one, I doubt it'll be before.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
No, it hasn't been released yet, it's the last mile before the release of the first season on Steam, which will include CH5 Full. Ocean was planning about 1,000 new renders for the full version, but a week ago he revealed that he had already made about 1,700 new renders, and until he gets approval from Steam, he will continue to bake renders like breadrolls. :HideThePain:

In one of the WiAB dev logs during the beta release, Ocean listed December/January as the estimated release time for Ch5 Full. But since then he has gone full Ocean mode and made ~1,700 new renders: the reworked second chapter and some new renders in other chapters aswell. When people started asking questions, he admitted that it was too much of him and promised never again... to give time estimates. :HideThePain:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
I'll probably in my fifties by the time he finishes either game and I'm just turning 40 :ROFLMAO:
Its not even about that anymore, that ship has sailed. Its just weird, if he is not lying that is, instead of focusing on the game that is in beta to finish that and then move on, he claims he already started rendering from next episodes. Like why? :WaitWhat: :Kappa:

Kakasan

Formerly 'Kaka86161'
May 23, 2023
I think he finished making the Steam achievement images for Summers Gone, now he needs to finish the ones for Where It ALL Began

• Haha
Reactions: rudy007

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Its not even about that anymore, that ship has sailed. Its just weird, if he is not lying that is, instead of focusing on the game that is in beta to finish that and then move on, he claims he already started rendering from next episodes. Like why? :WaitWhat: :Kappa:
Well, once he's submitted to steam and epic, he might not actually tell us until it's approved. It's probably pretty nerve wracking. In the meantime, he might as well render new things to distract himself. Also, while he work on WiaB renders, he can pose stuff on the other computer, while he renders SG things, he can pose on the other computer etc. We might find that with the redo's done, he might actually speed up. I won't hold my breath, but hopes a useful thing in the meantime.

So, pre-release fever is officially started.
View attachment 3481115
That ship has sailed also, I know it, shaved so I don't look like a feral monk. It's all from pulling my hair out in impatience for SG, not old age I swear :HideThePain:

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Well, once he's submitted to steam and epic, he might not actually tell us until it's approved. It's probably pretty nerve wracking. In the meantime, he might as well render new things to distract himself. Also, while he work on WiaB renders, he can pose stuff on the other computer, while he renders SG things, he can pose on the other computer etc. We might find that with the redo's done, he might actually speed up. I won't hold my breath, but hopes a useful thing in the meantime.

That ship has sailed also, I know it, shaved so I don't look like a feral monk. It's all from pulling my hair out in impatience for SG, not old age I swear :HideThePain:
Steam approval (or rejection) does not take so long, according to the Steam checklist, maximum 5 days (2-3 days if there is no problem). But for that, there has to be a complete build to review.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Steam approval (or rejection) does not take so long, according to the Steam checklist, maximum 5 days (2-3 days if there is no problem). But for that, there has to be a complete build to review.
do you know how long it takes to re appeal, or how long they allow him to make changes to what they object? Because he might already try 20 builds by the time we hear its accepted, or not.

4.40 star(s) 492 Votes