bardock8114

Jul 11, 2022
I think it is still kind of shitty to release the game 8 days later on Patreon even though these people made it possible. I can not even buy this in Germany on steam. So I will close my sub and wait till it comes out here. I am kind of tired of this. I hope he will not butcher where it all began as well because of a Steam release.....

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
I think it is still kind of shitty to release the game 8 days later on Patreon even though these people made it possible. I can not even buy this in Germany on steam. So I will close my sub and wait till it comes out here. I am kind of tired of this. I hope he will not butcher where it all began as well because of a Steam release.....
Uh i didnt knew that and it is indeed kinda shitty. Its very specific and unlucky situation but having the avn not available for sale at its release date for germans sounds icky and i think there is a considerate amount of german readers who like to support him in general.

I wasnt aware of the patreon release being 8 days later but yeah in this case i will just pirate the avn too, its really a bit discouraging. But it should only be an issue with the full season releases at least.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
yeah I imagine he is doing that because of the self censorship on some scenes, and cause of that he expects less sales on steam compared to patron so by making it later he is forcing those that don't care or want to wait to get it on steam. ( tho i was always gonna get it on steam either way more convenient for me) I'm probably gonna play my initial playthrough on steam then when it gets leaked either wait for the patch or just play the pirated version , to play other paths. But yeah that sucks you have to wait

bardock8114

Jul 11, 2022
yeah I imagine he is doing that because of the self censorship on some scenes, and cause of that he expects less sales on steam compared to patron so by making it later he is forcing those that don't care or want to wait to get it on steam. ( tho i was always gonna get it on steam either way more convenient for me) I'm probably gonna play my initial playthrough on steam then when it gets leaked either wait for the patch or just play the pirated version , to play other paths. But yeah that sucks you have to wait
Oh I would also prefer Steam but in Germany no such games are allowed because of stupid laws here and Steam not willing to include a proper age check System (which is understanable). I can not even buy games like Bunny Garden here. I get that steam cold be important to get exposure but then at least you should not kick the supporters in the nuts like that.

Also Uncensored should always be on patreon and no censor all versions. I think ocean is doing it totally wrong here....

Reactions: Hobodouken

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Uh i didnt knew that and it is indeed kinda shitty. Its very specific and unlucky situation but having the avn not available for sale at its release date for germans sounds icky and i think there is a considerate amount of german readers who like to support him in general.

I wasnt aware of the patreon release being 8 days later but yeah in this case i will just pirate the avn too, its really a bit discouraging. But it should only be an issue with the full season releases at least.
Oh I would also prefer Steam but in Germany no such games are allowed because of stupid laws here and Steam not willing to include a proper age check System (which is understanable). I can not even buy games like Bunny Garden here. I get that steam cold be important to get exposure but then at least you should not kick the supporters in the nuts like that.

Also Uncensored should always be on patreon and no censor all versions. I think ocean is doing it totally wrong here....
I think you'll still be able to get it via Epic or Gog if you're in Germany. The page isn't geoblocked on Epic at least for now, I imagine Gog will be the same. They'll happy hoover up sales that Steam's unwilling to make possible.

He's just making sure the patron version doesn't leak before he can sell it on steam. Leaks usually happen in the first couple of hours of a patreon release with Ocean. He's wise not to let that happen after he worked to get it on steam. The reason devs like steam is there are other people in the world that never log into this site, wo will never give their payment details to patreon or SS. Long term, he's got to make sure that if there's any more weirdness from patreon (not his patron, but the company, like what happened to WiaB's patreon), he has a plan that can keep moving forward.

wait is Ocean keeping the censored version for his patreon as well?
No the patreon version has one scene different as far as I know: Nika and Nami at the lake - the patreon version keeps her topless. It's not even a thing as far as I'm concerned. All the incredibly lewd peepee shots are long gone, as is the jacuzzi and the single render of Vic's vagina. The handholding stays though, so we have something perverted at least.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
I think you'll still be able to get it via Epic or Gog if you're in Germany. The page isn't geoblocked on Epic at least for now, I imagine Gog will be the same. They'll happy hoover up sales that Steam's unwilling to make possible.
That would be viable, if it would be available on gog at the steam release date (or soon enough), i would get it there but i kinda doubt it as i just looked it up and the german gog doesnt show any signs of summer's gone so far.

I will not install epic just to have summers gone as my only epic launcher game

bardock8114

Jul 11, 2022
No you can not because it is law to have a "proper age check system." You will not get it anywhere since none of these offfer these checks.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
No you can not because it is law to have a "proper age check system." You will not get it anywhere since none of these offfer these checks.
So you can see the game on Epic, but not buy it? Damn that's cruel. I'm just wodnering if because it's got a lesser rating on Epic (and probably will on Gog) it might still be able to be sold. It seems steam is the one being overly cautious with their rating.

4.40 star(s) 492 Votes