Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I don't want to join discord, I discovered the game here, I follow it here and I'd like to buy it in steam once it comes out. The thread will only change from beta to full once it's leaked and ain't nobody got time for that.
Personally I just check reddit and this thread for news for this game even tho im apart of their discord I rarely look at it. Tho I do this for any game on this site I rarely join discord unless they are one of my favorites or something as I'm already in way to many servers as is

Reactions: Don Sucio

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
If my memory serves me correctly, at least Ch. 5 Beta was already rendered in 4K, so I don't think your sentence is valid, when you wrote
Unfortunately, this time your memory failed you, all pictures of chapter 5 have a resolution of 1920x1080.

And just for curiosity, you do know that you don't really need a 4K display to look at a 4-8-12K image on it, and notice the differences, the more details, etc.
All monitors are limited by their maximum resolution. For example..... If you have a Full HD monitor, then when viewing pictures in Full HD, 4k or 8k resolution you will not see the difference, because the maximum resolution of your monitor is limited to 1920x1080. But if you have a 4K monitor and you watch pictures in full HD and 4K resolution, then you will see the difference, I hope there is no need to explain why.

Prime9287

Feb 29, 2020
WTF is your problem you feel like your one of the trolls polluting the thread ? If you feel like the shoe is fitting you, then STFU. This thread post all the news that are behind a paywall and allows me to keep up with one of my favorite games. Get off your high horse.

Personally I just check reddit and this thread for news for this game even tho im apart of their discord I rarely look at it. Tho I do this for any game on this site I rarely join discord unless they are one of my favorites or something as I'm already in way to many servers as is
I don't like discord personally

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
WTF is your problem you feel like your one of the trolls polluting the thread ? If you feel like the shoe is fitting you, then STFU. This thread post all the news that are behind a paywall and allows me to keep up with one of my favorite games. Get off your high horse.
If you just want the latest news, it's best to go to patreon first and see if they even exists. If so, flip to the correct date here, patreon posts leaks almost immediately

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I don't like discord personally
Yeah I used to like discord when I used to play mmo's but outside of that it's annoying and feels like a second job to keep up with the servers you are interested especially when there is a decent size community like the Summer's Gone one. So while I may join a server here and there I really only pay attention to it if it it's smaller in scale otherwise way to much work so yeah I dont like discord most of the time either anymore lol.

Reactions: Don Sucio

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
Sorry, off topic, but just out of curiosity. What is your ignore list score?
Just in this (and the WIAB) thread or in total? ;)

197 currently.

Yeah I used to like discord when I used to play mmo's but outside of that it's annoying and feels like a second job to keep up with the servers you are interested especially when there is a decent size community like the Summer's Gone one. So while I may join a server here and there I really only pay attention to it if it it's smaller in scale otherwise way to much work so yeah I dont like discord most of the time either anymore lol.
Join, mute entire server. Takes 2 clicks, then just check the relevant channel every now and then (or leave the one important channel unmuted so just get alerted to the devs update posts and not get bothered by any other alerts). Also helps to group all the AVN's into one folder so you don't have a massive list down the left hand side.

Prime9287

Feb 29, 2020
If you just want the latest news, it's best to go to patreon first and see if they even exists. If so, flip to the correct date here, patreon posts leaks almost immediately
I used to do that but there's been a lot of news given on discord that have been re-posted here about the steam process that weren't posted on his patreon page. It's been like that for multiple games so yeah I skim through the pages hoping there's some new info. The playful banter and the memes are fun too. The constant shit posts and arguing about if Ocean is milking the game or not is BS. Like go complain to Ocean directly on his discord or on his patreon. What good will come out of flooding the thread with your complaint's that nobody cares about ? It's crazy that I'm the weird one for wanting to keep this shit out of the thread. We ALL want the game to come out ASAP...

not addressed to you in particular, just explaining why I go through the thread and why the nonsense is a pain

mostwanted8

Mar 8, 2024
I used to do that but there's been a lot of news given on discord that have been re-posted here about the steam process that weren't posted on his patreon page. It's been like that for multiple games so yeah I skim through the pages hoping there's some new info. The playful banter and the memes are fun too. The constant shit posts and arguing about if Ocean is milking the game or not is BS. Like go complain to Ocean directly on his discord or on his patreon. What good will come out of flooding the thread with your complaint's that nobody cares about ? It's crazy that I'm the weird one for wanting to keep this shit out of the thread. We ALL want the game to come out ASAP...

not addressed to you in particular, just explaining why I go through the thread and why the nonsense is a pain
3B358329-88DA-42CF-A5D9-A45FCA79245C.gif

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021

They complain about Ocean - it's useless. You complain about those who flood - same thing.
Add stoicism to your view: the only real power we have is the power over how we react to what happens.

Reactions: Penfold Mole

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
I don't want to join discord, I discovered the game here, I follow it here and I'd like to buy it in steam once it comes out. The thread will only change from beta to full once it's leaked and ain't nobody got time for that.
If nobody on the last 3-5 pages is talking about any news then there's either no news or the news are boring

Reactions: Maviarab

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
He has also stated it before at least once (that I remember) that he renders in 4k and then downscales it to 1080p for release.

Proof.png
Proof.png

Also, this is the first post I've seen regarding this topic. You said everyone is worried, do you mind sharing some pictures containing comments or posts to that effect?
What a naive person, he believes in everything he is told. Although maybe I'm wrong and you can show us these wonderful pictures with improved quality? Because I haven't seen any.
Wrong, 4k does show up better on even lower resolution displays compared to native 1080p multimedia. Look up chroma subsampling.

Are you seriously comparing a video shot on camera and a render made using a program? Man, this is very stupid. First, figure out the topic of the conversation, and then get involved. I laughed for several minutes and couldn't stop.

C.M.Cas

Shameless Dev
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2018
A great game with good story. No good to fap, yet, but i really got absorved be the drama. Loving it. Keep the good work, dev.

• Haha
Reactions: Metal Panic

Den1mo

Aug 26, 2023
What a naive person, he believes in everything he is told. Although maybe I'm wrong and you can show us these wonderful pictures with improved quality? Because I haven't seen any.
this image is rendered in 1920x1080 resolution
frontdoor9.jpg
this one is rendered in 3840x2160 resolution
ae1308.jpg

if you can't see the difference between the quality and details of those images then you're fucking blind and should see an eye doctor instead of talking shit

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and a few others - every one of them makes top tier visuals and they are as far as you could ever imagine. if it's so easy why isn't everyone doing it? only here it's currently about 17491 avns. how about you finally spare everyone of your pathetic talk and go do something useful?:HideThePain:

Last edited:

massagecook01

Oct 6, 2022
He's just farming likes.

View attachment 3553207

13 people don't give a shit lol.
because they are just like him, the only real power in this world he and them have is to block on this website , its a power trip and ego thing, he and them get a sense of making a differnce in someones life by blocking them and getting likes ,if someone had real power they would go out there in the world and change it, blocking people is the only thing that he and them can do to anyone in this world that they get a reaction from because in the real world they don't matter, this website is the only place they have a sense of belonging.

4.40 star(s) 477 Votes