VN - Ren'Py - Summer Story [v0.2.9] [Logo]

1. 1.00 star(s)

raj100

The terrible outdated honey select graphics and weird 3 ft tall midget brothers make it unplayable. Not to mention it's had many updates and almost no content with the sister.
    Why are the characters so short any ways, I guess we are supposed to imagine them as 5 yr olds? Or the sister is an Amazon.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Deleted member 4653003

I really wanted to like this game. The only thing I have been looking at in this game is the sister. It just gives pleasure to watch the timid and shy girl getting corrupted inch by inch with her circumstances. Her face expressions have been well-executed, even in comparison with other top-tier games. The dev also is one of few creators with consistent update cycle (roughly two months per update).

Those good things are however compensated by its weaknesses of the game (e.g., image quality, story, writing and translation) . Because dev is using TK17 for fast rendering, image quality is sub-optimal. Especially, character's hair looked like teared paper towel. I don't want to get into discussion on the twin's "goblin" appearance but I have to wonder dev's thought process because his patrons also were against that appearances. And the story has no conflict so watching the sister's corruption is like reading a manual - boring. Writing must be improved. In many occasions, it's so emotionless and dry.

I will revisit this thread and update my review a couple of years later.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Purple Lagoon

This is a very weird game...
    I want to say a lot of bad things about it, but for some reason I'm still interested in it and keep playing it.

Ok, let's start with the bad things:
    - Most of the models (except Kasie) look horrendous. The two brothers are... some weird aliens - and also the size doesn't fit. I dont' know how to explain it, like they mutated from a game out of the 90's into this?
    - Overall graphics quality: just bad.
    - Story/Writing: not much better.

What strikes me the most in this game is that there is 1 protanogist (Kasie), and you don't get to make any choices for her. All choices in the game are made by her two brothers.
    Weird.
    About her brothers:
    There's Derek, who's just a creep, and there's Kenny. who's a nerd.
    Again. Weird.

The only reason I like this game is Kasie, she's a gem.
    But again, we can't play as her, we play as her little brothers.
    Weird.

So... this game can go two (maybe three?) ways:
    1. Kasie gets corrupted by Derek, the creep.
    2. Kasie falls in love/get corrupted by Kenny, the nerd.
    3. (Maybe?) Katie gets to make her own choice?

I really don't know where this game is going, but for the moment I'm kinda interested...?

Hoping for:
    - Start a new game with Kasie as protanogist where you can make choices for HER, instead of her two deranged twisted alien brothers :)

Just my humble opinion.
    Peace!
  4. 5.00 star(s)

BlackFoxEv

5/5

Simmering is the best description I can give you. It is true that the art is "seedy" in some cases, but the story is VERY enjoyable. And it has a Spanish translation, although this one goes for 1.6!

I can't wait to see where this story takes us. Do not let us down!
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 4447828

I like this incest game and its development process so far. But it's not without any flaws.

Cons:
    • Proportion of MC and his brother body: Not only they look like robots but also small goblins. Simply unrealistic.
    • Writing: It can be a lot better. Several "uh?" moments in reading. Better English translation may be necessary.
    • Not perfect 3D models and poses: Dev is not using DAZ/Iray for faster process and it shows. Some of male models look awful. And some posing of the models could be a lot better.

Pros:
    • VN format: I hate sandbox games making their players blindly search for what they have to do and repeatedly clicking same things to see the next scenes. With the VN format, You can just enjoy the story.
    • Beautiful female 3D model: Maybe the single reason I became a fan of this game. Especially the sister looks near-perfect for the story.
    • Slow burn: I know this is an overused term and a lazy method to keep its players interested in the game. But it has been working very well so far in this story.
    • Story structure: Considering this is the first game for the dev, its structure is surprisingly good and makes its players curious about the next update. I suspect dev is an expert on this matter.
    • Development process: Dev updated 8 times in this year alone. Nearly an update (2 playable days) per 1.5 months. And he considers 60 playable days for the game. roughly 4 more years to be finished.
    • Animation: Thanks to simpler 3D models, animations mostly look OK.

This has become my new Milfy city and BBS but I consider this game is an experiment focusing on more quantity than quality. As I mentioned before, the approach seems to work. I would recommend this VN for any incest fans.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

indio68

I'm very disappointed about this game.from story to the awful looking twins..that seems dwarfs comapred to her sister...i mean proportion is all screwed up in this game. and there is no real lewd scene for now..and based on Tag there will be no..not so worth in my opinion, there are so many more good games in this genre on this site.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Evoooov

I love this game, it's a great game, both the visuals and the story. In-game comprehension You don't have to press any guesswork. Easy to play and the animations in general are considered another very good game. Looking forward to watching the next update.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

TokyoDevil

All right, I can't say it's the best, but this game is great!

The story is not bad, and there is no sexual scene too suddenly. There are no many characters, so the immersion is good.

The disadvantage is that the screen resolution of the game is low and the modeling of the character is slightly lower. However, the main heroine is hot enough!

I hope the progress with the main heroine will be a little faster. Various situations are also expected.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Horny

[UPDATED 13/05/2024]

V. 0.2.9

Gave it a 5-star rating when it first came out and haven't touched it since. Decided to give the latest version a go and I can positively say that after all these years it still retains the same quality.

People say the updates are slow, but if attention is properly paid, one will come to notice that each and every dialogue has a unique scene of its own. Whether it is an eye shift, a little hand or leg positioning, a moment of silent pause, etc., there is always a change in expression or body language for the characters with every click, and the overall effect is an incest game that feels adequately paced despite having an uncomplicated plot.

The graphics are not the best out there, but this can be attributed to personal preference. What this game lacks in visual quality is made up for in animation. Dialogues between characters, grammatical errors aside, are also rather straightforward and mundane to the point of being boring, and the lack of music further exacerbates the dull mood. However, this actually works to the game's favor since it adds a layer of realism to the family dynamic.

Of course, everything is held together by the star of the show: Kasie. Not only does she look great, but her introverted, responsible, kind, gentle, and caring sisterly nature towards her two little brothers without being overbearing makes her attractive as well. And speaking of the brothers, yes they look weird, but it's still refreshing to see males in an adult game not boasting of 'monster-sized packages' that have the female characters constantly fawning over.

In conclusion, it's clear that the developer puts in effort and heart into crafting this game, and has a good understanding of what makes incest so alluring. If you are someone who is a fan of incest games but is sick of all the ones that have family members wanting to jump on MC's dicks every minute right from the get-go without any form of story build up, then Summer Story is for you.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

DemonicN

Summary:
    You are a young man that you and your twin brother come to live with your sister for the summer, but as you are a growing teen you start to develop urges towards your sister where will they take you is unknown.

Extraordinary aspects of the game:
    None.

What is good:
    The models of the girls are great, the animation is good as well. The story is somewhat believable and the characters are quite good.

What is bad:
    The MC and his brother models, yes it’s important to have a good model for the MC at least. The shrunk Jonny Bravo isn’t the best model, especially the small anatomically incorrect penis.

What can be made better:
    Changing the models of the twins, there are few ways to do so a complete remake or slowly to change them, it’s quite weird to see their small muscular bodies right now especially the “dork” twin got bigger biceps than me.

My opinion:
    It’s an interesting game where you can’t have all of the girls with quite a nice change of pace, at the same time you can share them with your brother. I really loved the models of the girls, they look great.

The story itself is fine and believable, and that’s it there little content right now so I will most likely update this review in the future, because of that, for now, I place the game in good-tier.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

sacheu

Pretty cool. Also, the review saying that the MC's dick looks like a rat made me laugh for some 10 minutes, and it's true, it looks kinda weird.
    Honestly, the only not ideal things about the game are the brother's models, they look like transgender boys, who also have the height of a 13 yo, as many have pointed out.
    I also find the transition of text straining to the eyes, because the pictures change every time. The black box behind the text has a different pattern for each character, which is cool I guess, but if you go quickly it's strenuous to the eyes, as I've said.
    The animations are indeed pretty smooth, and the girls are pretty, I appreciate that. If the dev were to ask me for what I would want changed, I would've increased the MC's penis size to look more pleasing, made the twins taller and with less pronounced chests too.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

ehtweneno

Wow this game is really great. I do like style of story and also Kelly is super HOT! Also this game is not so easy I've missed some scenece at my first time so i'm going to replay it at least few times to open them all.
    I'm looking forward about next update!
  13. 5.00 star(s)

tarzan999

If you like incest games with good buildup and a grounded tone you will definitely enjoy Summer Story. It's still early in development, but it's in my top 10. This game is full of potential. And the female models are amazing of course.
  14. 2.00 star(s)

Ruff Ryder

I like Kasie's design but that's pretty much it.
    The twin (Kenny) looks like he has actual tits and looking at the scenes where the MC shows his penis... That's asically supposed to be OUR dick yet it looks like a dead rat.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

anon280

Version: 0.1.6

A simple but erotic cohabitation VN. Easy to follow along for the eroticism - not much of a story aspect which is fine since the scenes always offer a nice tease.

Graphics
    great rendering; good use of shadows, highlights, and colour; skin looks like skin esp with sweat
    the locations are refreshing since it's not the same old templates
    smooth animation. the quality remains as good as the stills

Characters
    two sexy gorgeous girls, love the lowcut bottom wear Kasie always has
    and Mia has nice freckled skin
    the boys' faces look like they have down syndrome and i don't get the point of them being twins if there isn't any sort of interaction with that quality.

there isn't much in the way of interesting personalities. the boys are seemingly devoid of any interesting qualities (one likes sports, the other likes video games heh) whereas the girls have a little more distinguishing personalities if still a bit 1 dimensional

Content
    slice-of-life / day-to-day
    slow burn with branching paths - you can miss out on a lot if you playthrough just one path
    a lot of tease and ogling - no need to rush sex, better it happens when it makes sense

english translation could be better

All the best to the dev. Great work.
  16. 3.00 star(s)

gr33nappleboy

I won't go so far as to trash this game as this seems to be one of the first ventures for the dev but this just needs a ton more work, at least for me

From the parts I have played, the writing/dialogue wasn't as grammatically bad as I was expecting it to be and the animations were actually very fluid, albeit the shot from the back of her walking in the treadmill had her triceps clipping her shoulder

In general, Kasie is attractive but all renders are rather 2 dimensional. Details are kinda flat and make it hard to show facial emotion. Younger brothers are supposed to be at least closer to the same age as Kasie but have the bodies of 10 year olds, heads smaller than that of a baby, and the behavior of 8 year olds. Seeing Kasie and the MC side by side at the gym was rather off-putting. MC was just downsized a bit and his head was shrunken. And on the subject of the MC, if he's going to be involved in any future sexual content, you gotta fix the guy's peen. Lol. It's almost literally a pencil

If the dev is reading this, I don't mean to be an ass and I hate giving critical reviews. You obviously have enough of fan base that enjoys what you put out and that's more power to you - but this just wasn't it for me. Good luck in your future updates
  17. 2.00 star(s)

sotorojo

Something is really off with the size of the two ... boys? men? It says they are college age, but they are so much smaller than sister, like dwarves or midgets or something. It's like the dev couldn't make up their mind of they were 10 year old boys or 18 year olds. Sis is lovely, and the graphics is nice and somewhat unusual. The two boys are like robots. No expressions, one dimensional characters. I don't mind "perv on sis" games, but it was so awkwardly done here. I had to quit, because I ended out hating both of the little midget robot guys.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

Mister Boombastic

I'm surprised a game with such poor dialogue and renders still got so many positive ratings (considering many games on this website get mowed down for less). Apart from that, I agree with the reviews below and I'm actually looking forward to the next updates.

Pros:
    • I love the setting and the story. I'm a sucker for this kind of incest, with a slow build-up and believable character personalities. Also the different paths show a lot of potential at the moment.
    • Kasie (the main female character) looks hot and cute.
    • The animations look great, which is very promising for the upcoming sex scenes.
    Cons:
    • Like I mentioned the use of English is poor. I know the dev isn't a native English speaker and he apologizes for it at the start of the game, but an English proofreader would really help a lot. You get used to it though.
    • The renders are average but passable. The female characters look good, which is the most important. The little brothers on the other hand are a bit off, like two buff 26yo frat boys were shrunk down to make them look like they're 15. It's a bit odd but just like the dialogue, you get used to it.
    Overall, despite the negatives I really enjoyed the game so far. It's rare to find an incest game with a decent build-up and characters that act like real people. Just note that v0.1.3 doesn't contain any sexual content yet and it feels like it still may be a while before we get there.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

fakk2

review for version 0.1.3

Like the other reviewers mentioned the game has a really interesting and partially unique setting. The game is played as a visual novel with branching paths.

The main girl of interest is very attractive and believable.
    Renders are quite nice (not daz nice, but as developer is using different rendering engine it is expected).

As of this time there are no sex or explicit scenes in the game, as the game has slow progressing corruption. This I believe garners more interest in the characters. And from what I have seen from content for supporters, future sex scenes should be awesome.

I would like to point out animations, they are very nice an tastefully done. The current animations are for mundane things like working out etc.

The game is being released in english and russian language.

I am basing the score on from what exists and future potential.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

pastera

Incredible start. The renders are great and the girls are just so beautiful. The sister and her best friend are just so pretty.
    The story doesn't devolve into straight up sex which is great as well. There is build up which is a sign fo quality.
    It seems there will also be branching options as the story progresses, like which girl to concentrate on? If you aim for one your brother might go for the other one.
    Or do you team up with your brother?
    Very interesting can't wait for more, so I'll participate on subscribestar or the dev :).