VN - Ren'Py - Summer In The City [v0.22] [FlipDaShit]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Phoenix1177

V0.22

I really like the game so far. It is not perfect, but for now it is right up my alley. The story seems to move a bit fast sometimes, but it is also not a really serious story up until now. There is not a lot of content yet, but the stuff that is there looks great. The only thing that is not there are animations.

Pros
    - Fun main character that isn't some kind of cliche naive girl. She still has some naive moments, but those are rare
    - Dialogue seems fine without any spelling or grammar errors.
    - Fun characters

Cons
    - There are not a lot of choices, mostly just if you want to pursue a character or not.
    - Music is very repetative, I turned it off pretty fast after starting the game.
    - Relationship between mc and best friend seems to move way too fast, even in comparison to the rest of the relationships in the game. They never even kissed and one day later they are full on sexting?

This game has potential and I will be keeping a eye on it for future updates.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

logeca

A nice, laid-back lesbian (or lesbian focused) femprotag game. Definitely recommended for fans of the lesbo genre, but other than that, I'm afraid it's nothing special.

The creator said in the development thread that the game intended to be something like "Good Girl Gone Bad" by Eva Kiss, but it's obviously very far from that:
    - writing is subpar, in general it's ok but dialogues are too edgy: I mean who the f*ck speaks like this? And we're talking about girls. I know the writer wanted to spice things up, make it colorful, but IMO it's WAY too much and it takes away from the realism. A lot.
    - there are quite a few choices and although they do matter, but most of them are basically just "do you want to fuck this character later on?" or "do you want to see xy fetish?" gates. It's ok, just nothing special (so far).
    - the creator mentions (in the development thread) that it's intended to be "somewhat of a slowburn" game, but again, it's not. Characters are quite open for anything from the get go. Which is fine, just again, nothing special.

Art, music, UI is good, I have no issues with those whatsoever. Other than the too edgy dialoguess the game (so far) doesn't have any serious flaws. Just it could've been way better if the author sticked more to the original target.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

MikesDK

Story 2/5
    One of the few FC games i like, story is very vanilla but its a sweet story and well writting but with some mistakes here and there.

If theres one thing that annoyed me a little is when a girl my FC is with and having sex with starts making out with Rosa one of the most ugly girls while they are in the club, that feels a bit idiotic and pretty close to NTR, but know stuff like that is in the game and you can deside if its NTR to you or not, game say they are FWB but still feels stupid as fuck for Yun to do it right next to the girl shes having a sexual relationship with, if she wanted to makeout with someone why not FC right next to her? it only paints her as a whore going after whoever she happens to run into.

I would have been fine with it if i could turn her ass down after that scene, but why dev dident think of that i dont know, you have to start game over and pick not to be with her, but MC just thinks it hot and dosent even talk to Yun about it like at all?....so yeah game really lacks in choices and story fails in some parts, the only choices you have is who to have a relationship with and nothing else apprently, so main story is pure kinetic.

As for content there wasent much for me i went the lesbian route not that theres more then one guy in game anyway but if you dont pick Yun theres 0 adult content and all you can do is wait for the friend from the home town to come at some point, which makes it a bit to boring to play.

The sex scenes 2/5
    If you can call em that not being animated arent really that bad, they are pretty short though.

Music 3/5
    It gets a bit annoying in the long run since it rarely changes and having to listen to the same monotone music is a bit meh, maybe if it was something good with lyrics it wouldent be so bad but it isent.

Choices 2/5
    Main story is all out kinetic, you cant say no to the photo job or a session with the bitch at school? no clue why FC even wants to do that, cant say no to work in sex shop, not saying its bad but its just the lack of choices that gets annoying, mostly when things like in the club watching Yun makeout with someone else right next to you and you have no choices what so ever other then FC saying its hot? that felt idiotic since my FC wouldent want anything to do with that other bitch so sure wasent hot.
    Atleast you do have the choice of relationship but its annoying having to start over just to change a path if you find out the girl your with is just a whore apprently going after anyone.

It had a chance to be a nice game but that hole Yun thing messed it up for me, mostly due to the lack of adult content since Yun is the only one that has any, it might be able to improve and ill revisit it at some point when it has alot more content and adjust my review if it becomes better.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Desastrousman

It's a good game, I loved the character interactions and dialogue choices. The facial expressions are also very good, I'm looking forward to the future of the game.
    hoping to happen something with mom too, but if nothing happens with mom, lilly yun and max make up for it.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Bmagada

Good renders with great expression and a solid likable MC.

The story seems thin, but this an early build so it seems workable with time and a premise that would be easy enough to expand upon.

The sexual interactions are good.

My only real qualm is the bisexual path. If you wanted to make a lesbian focused game then okay, but the option of a bisexual one with almost no males characters that Summer really "interacts" with feels misleading. Its not a deal breaker, I just don't know why you'd do it. If you have the option to shut down any romance whatsoever at the jump, then why not just make a game where here and there a guy option might pop up and you can shut them down if you want to do the lesbian path? It just feels like the option is there so men never even try to approach the MC for people that get the ick because men would flirt with an attractive girl that's sexually open. Just feels a bit extra especially with how few male characters there actually are.

All in all, a good start to what I'm sure will build to a better experience, but not anywhere near 5 stars yet. I appreciate a lesbian focused game as much as the next, but I'm not gonna give an early build of anything 5 stars. Its a good start, but its a 3 that is open to getting better.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Whofellnow

For a first release this game shows a huge amount of promise. Finding a game that centers on lesbian relationships is hard, but one that has great renders and a well written story is even harder. So far FlipDaShit is delivering in spades.

The mc and the girls she interacts with all well rendered and look great. There are variations in the models from scene to scene, and the posing is well done.

So far the story is progressing, it is more sex heavy than story, just be aware. The writing is good with no noticeable mistakes or problems. The story flows well so far.

Hopefully Flip can keep this up!
  7. 2.00 star(s)

MixQQ

+ relaxing, calm music
    + renders
    + beautiful MC
    + funny moments

- dev decided to put only one guy in the game, you barely see him and almost don't have any interactions with him, so if you expect any straight action don't get your hopes up, it doesn't exist and probably never will be.
    - too much lesbian content for my taste. I expected some balance, especially if you consider MC is BI..
    - some conversations between characters are childish, boring and lead to nowhere

Avn without deep story. If you like lesbian stuff, game is definitely for you, otherwise - don't waste your time.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

junkgkj

Always happy to see a rare lesbian focused game come by.
    The option to go a full lebian route and not get involved with any dudes was just added, which I appreciate, though there is some lingering residue in the narrative from before the route was added. Hopefully those can be ironed out. (Has been ironed out.)

Otherwise, I'm quite happy with the play experience I had going full lesbian.
    The characters are hot and likable in their roles, even the asshole girl.
    I like the relationship setups. The role play with Yun is enjoyable and hot.
    I love Summer's relationship with Lilly especially. They just feel.... right together. If that was the dev's goal then it certainly worked for me.
    Funny thing is I normally am turned away by characters with tatoos and piercings but Maxine was made just such a likable character that I can forego that.

It is a bit more lighthearted and the day to day situations seem to play a bigger role than a deep story, which I don't mind. I dig slice-of-life narratives.

I'm quite happy overall with my first impression and can give my recommendation to anyone who is looking for a nice girl-girl focused experience.

I'll be looking forward to seeing if some extra fun and kinks can be applied to the lesbian scenarios. Because that is usually where games that include lesbian content drop the ball. But seeing that a sex shop is in the mix, toys, and there is already some role play going on, I have a little more faith in this game to deliver beyond what others have.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Skeeve1

Yesterday i played your game and surpised, i like it very much, i like MC and her roomate, a perfect match and her (maybye ) girlfriend from home too, a perfect match too, maybye in future a threesome :sneaky:. I like lesbian content and a female MC and yours look very good, hot and sexy ( and the other girls too, of course ) The story is good , the artwork very good, girls have not unrealistic tits (y) I was thinking about Yun, they deflower Summer , look together a movie and Yun seduce Summer and it happens.
    I think i wait for the next update, i have fun and the humour is funny too. I am not sure about the submisse and dominant, i really dont like it if a girl submissive or dominant because i like self-confident girls and this are a reason why i test your game, you wrote they will do what they will do, make new experience, not blackmailing (y) Now i wait for the next update.

Update;) I like Lilly and Yun and i read about your game what you wrote, i like that it is not just sub or dom ( ok, if Summer like one way or both by herself experience ) or blackmailing game for the hot sexy heroine so they can decide himself what the like or dislike. New version is good too and i dont think that is it now a problem for me if i must start a new game because it is just the start . Grapics imao good (y) and the girls have very nice perky tits. So, good work and i am curious what Summer make in future and what for new experience they make in sex. Honestly, Yun only as devote Kittycat ( roleplay ) and Summer only dom to her i not truly like it, but it is only my individual opinion, whatever, i play your game because it is good imao :p
  10. 5.00 star(s)

GNVE

For V0.1

Great start to the story. I was a bit afraid when the description started with "girl from the middle of nowhere" that it would be a story where things happen to the main character rather than giving her influence on what happens in the story.
    Luckily this is not the case. Summer is a girl who knows what she wants and how she can get it. (Or at least she is unsure what she wants but she decides whether to try out new things or not.) She is an active participant in her own life.
    Great writing overall I'd say; jokes mostly land rather than being annoying or downright unfunny; you get to parry your self-proclaimed nemesis, something quite sorely lacking in a lot of games and the characters feel lively.

The English writing is (near) native with few mistakes. I'd say the writing leans more towards sex over story. This might be a turn off for some but I do think there is enough of a story to get invested in. At least in a slice of life kind of way. I do not foresee (nor do I hope for) a murder mystery around the corner or something like that.

The art in the game is great. One of the better ones on the platform. Lighting looks great, models look cute, renders look well posed and framed. Do note that for non-sex scenes characters aren't posed in the scene but just hover in front of a background. This might be a dealbreaker for some.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Mercedes

Very interesting first release.
    The models are quite pretty, as are the renderings in general.
    The writing is very good. I'm not a native speaker, but it reads very well and the descriptions and paraphrases are very consistent. The playing time of v0.1 should also be positively highlighted as it already covers what some other developers would almost call a finished game.

There are currently 4 attributes to maintain, but I have not been able to determine any restrictions that a scene was not triggered because a threshold value was not reached. This is something to try out in the next playthrough.
    There is currently no usable inventory, such as selectable clothing, toys (after all, you have already received one as a gift) or countable money. But it's only the first release. It remains to be seen where this journey will take us, and I will definitely have my bags packed to accompany Summer on her journey of sexual exploration.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

wesWWW

Incredible game, great start, lots of potential.

The protagonist is beautiful, and I love lesbian content, so this is a big deal. It has a cool development.

Looking forward to new updates and more lesbian scenes.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

theonlyondgreat

I just had to rate this, even if it is only a 0.1 version.
    1. So why five stars?
      I love the different and willing corruption of the MC. There are too many game with forced and completely laughable corruption, so this is a fresh wind.
    2. The girls and woman in the game are normally proportioned. Some are taller other smaller and they have realistic sized tits. There are way to many games with horrible oversized utters on the females' and for me that is a complete turn down.
    3. I already like the beginning fetishes.
    4. The story writing is good enough that I read it and not simply skip from scene to scene :p
    5. I really like the art and I think it's beautifully done.
    So I wish you the best of luck and thank you for your work!