• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Summer In The City [v0.13] [FlipDaShit]

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Hi FlipDaShit

For a first release, it's a good start!
Summer is an endearing MC.
I like how she's discovering her sexuality, how she is building her self-confidence.
And I like her sens of humor.

Lilly personality is great. I hope that one day she will find a way to stay in the city.

I like how it seems that there will be a way to put Cynthia in her place without a frontal fight.
At least I suppose it will be the case with the model route.

The renders are good.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, think you for the lesbian route.

On the (not too) bad points
  1. I have played the 0.12 version, and Cynthia avatar doesn't stop to flash in conversation where she's not here.
  2. I would have like to have a "middle" option with Yun. I'm not a big fan of dom/sub relationship. I just hope there won't be anything to heavy, humiliation and the like. Or that they could be avoidable.
  3. I find the thing with Denise rushed. A teacher jumping on a student after only a couple of days is a bit unbelievable.
But nothing that keep me to enjoy your game.

Finally, I have a couple of questions
  1. How heavy will be the BDSM? Can we avoid it?
  2. There is no harem tag. But Lilly seems OK if we pursue other girls.
    On the long run, do we have to choose one girl, or could we have multiple partners?
  3. Do you have other planned tags?
Overall, I love what I have seen so far.
Can't wait for the next update.

Last edited:

FlipDaShit

Shitballs Deluxe
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2022
On the (not too) bad points
  1. I have played the 0.12 version, and Cynthia avatar doesn't stop to flash in conversation where she's not here.
  2. I would have like to have a "middle" option with Yun. I'm not a big fan of dom/sub relationship. I just hope there won't be anything to heavy, humiliation and the like. Or that they could be avoidable.
  3. I find the thing with Denise rushed. A teacher jumping on a student after only a couple of days is a bit unbelievable.
But nothing that keep me to enjoy your game.

Finally, I have a couple of questions
  1. How heavy will be the BDSM? Can we avoid it?
  2. There is no harem tag. But Lilly seems OK if we pursue other girls.
    On the long run, do we have to choose one girl, or could we have multiple partners?
  3. Do you have other planned tags?
Hey there, thanks for your input. Put a smile on my face! Just wanted to address your criticism as well as your questions real quick.

To the (not too) bad points:

To the questions:

Hope this helps! Have a good one...

Last edited:

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Just played it, and I'm not sure if it's what you're going for but it's adorable. Sexy and adorable. Summer and Lilly are both super cute and I can't wait for the latter to come to the Big City. Max seems like an amazing character and will probably be a huge influence on Summer, same with Denise. Though I agree with others that that bit felt a bit rushed, so I'm looking forward to seeing the explanation for that in the next update.
Yun is probably the character I liked the least. Nothing against her and I definitely don't mind her, just didn't tick my boxes I guess. Though I did like that she didn't come off as some sort of generic shy Asian, but still acknowledging the pressure from what is expected of her. Speaking as a middle-aged white guy here, so probably mostly out of my ass when it comes to young Asian girls. :) Still, always like it when stereotypes are avoided.

English isn't my first language, but I did notice a few things (I think there was an instance of elleviate instead of alleviate for example), nothing major but a few things a decent proofreader or two should catch. I totally get that that may not be possible for a small hobby project though.

Maybe it was just me, but during the first texting session, I clicked several times on the phone expecting the conversation to continue, before I caught on.

Sometimes scene changes felt a bit abrupt, such as when Summer is suddenly in her dorm room the first time. Maybe a render or two showing the outside of the building and Summer thinking something like "So this is where I'll be living the next three years" and then walking down the hall would have made it a little smoother.

Those minor things aside, I really enjoyed this and will definitely keep up with Summer's adventures. Thanks for sharing the game with us.

FlipDaShit

Shitballs Deluxe
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2022
I forgot to add that I woke up this morning feeling a little low, but this game cheered me up again.
If that isn't just one of the best compliments someone can receive, I don't know what is. Maybe this can cheer you up a little tiny bit more: first preview of my first content update. Kinda exciting.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
If that isn't just one of the best compliments someone can receive, I don't know what is. Maybe this can cheer you up a little tiny bit more: first preview of my first content update. Kinda exciting.
I can't wait for Maxine to get it, or give it (loan it, repo it, pretty much anything she wants).

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Have you by any chance loaded up a savegame in v0.12 from previous versions? This might cause issues unfortunately. I recommend to start a new game with each new update for now until stated otherwise. I know this is not optimal and can be annoying, but it's still early in development and I'm working towards a stable structure where savegames of former versions are not affected by new updates anymore. If you still encounter Cynthia's avatar despite starting a new game in the current version, please let me know the exact line of dialogue or provide a screenshot and I will take a look at it. So far I can't see any issues in the code so it's most likely due to an old save. Or I'm just blind again, wouldn't be the first time, haha.
I'm pretty sure I start a new game, because the changelog stat there were added and edited dialogues for the lesbian path, and I wanted to see them.
Anyway, I start a new game with the new 0.13 version, and the issue isn't here anymore.

You don't have to apology for having to start a new game.
I perfectly understand why it can be required.

I won't add a pure vanilla path for Yun and Summer. They will have vanilla interactions with each other ocassionally but the overarching theme of their relationship will be discovering and trying out new kinks. Creating a new branch for a character is a lot of work and I'm only a single developer which means I have to compromise and scrap ideas non-stop. But that doesn't mean I'm not open to suggestions, they just need to be reasonable as well as managable. As much as I would like to cater to each and every single player out there, it's just not possible. Sorry if that answer disappoints you but I'm sure you understand.
No problem, it was just a personal taste. That I shouldn't have list that as a bad point (and in fact I realize that even writing "bad points" is rude, I apology for that).
And I understand you can't have to many paths, nor trying to please everyone.
At worst, if it's turn out that Yun path is too much dom/sub for my liking, I will just ignore her.

I have already written some dialogue and created a scene for the next update where she explains herself. Not gonna spoil anything of course, but it'll make her point of view clear to the players I hope.
Well, now you are doom, as I have expectations :ROFLMAO:

Edit: typo

• Red Heart
Reactions: FlipDaShit

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
With Summer getting involved with two tattoo ladys, one of which owns a parlor and your intent to bring up wardrobe as a feature of the game I am wondering if you have plans to give Summer the option to get tattoos and piercings herself eventually. I understand that this would more than double your workload, so I don't expect much options on that front. It would simply be a welcomed surprise. I know some other games have managed to to it. Though I don't know their rendering setup, it might be easing the process. Anyways, I am looking forward for the next chapter.

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
As long as both are not mandatory. :eek:
Ho I know that this is not everyone's cup of tea. That is why when I asked. I also talked about increased workload and talked about options. I don't expect anything soon either, but the presence of a tattoo parlor in the first release has me wondering.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020

So I supposed we can expect to see a lot of empty blue couch in the future :)
Let's try to look on the bright side, you have learn something the hard way, you're unlikely to forget it.

About tattoos, which would double/triple the number of renders.
In is game Beauty and the Thug, zegamez offer the options to have shaven/unshaven pubis, and shaven/unshaven armpit. And the choice you made are apply on all the women in the game! But for what I know he doesn't make 4 renders by women. I think I use some layer to apply hair or not on pubis/armpit.
Perhaps, you could use this technique for applying tattoos?

FlipDaShit

Shitballs Deluxe
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2022

True. I already played around with photoshop a bit and that might be possible for small things like piercings or pubes, yes. Not for clothing though. I haven't tried tattoos yet, I can't really see how I could realise that on unique renders for special scenes. Will look into it a bit more.

Reactions: damnedfrog

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
True. I already played around with photoshop a bit and that might be possible for small things like piercings or pubes
As a huge fan of girls not shaving completely downstairs, you'd at least make one player even happier. But if it is something that proves to be too difficult or fiddly, that's fine too.

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes