VN Ren'Py Summer In The City [Development Thread]

FlipDaShit

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2022
Hello there,

I would like to introduce my little pet project here if anyone is interested.

You can download the game here: Summer In The City v0.1

Please be aware that this is a very early version of the game and things such as dialogue, game mechanics etc. WILL change during development, which most likely will make old savegames obsolete. So far the game is rather short, so that shouldn't be too much of a hassle. I'm working hard towards a coherent game structure that will make upcoming game updates more stable the bigger it gets.

While not all but many of the adult visual novels play with the theme of "corrupting the innocent", this game will take a different route. The characters in this story will embrace their sexuality, and create a sexpositive environment around them aside from dealing with any of the daily struggles. I would consider it somewhat of an adult coming of age story, learning about yourself and your desires and how to come to terms with it. Kinks and fetishes will play a part, so it will get dirty but in a fun and consensual way.

In a game mechanic sense the game will mostly play like "Good Girl Gone Bad" by Eva Kiss (unfortunately I suck at drawing, so I have to rely on CG). There will be several branches to choose from that will lead to different story arcs but it certainly won't get too convoluted. Several different clothing and accessoire options for the main protagonist that can be accessed during certain story events. A simple but effective phone messaging system will be implemented too. My first and foremost priority is too keep things managable and create a mostly fun and light hearted story that will leave you with a warm, fuzzy feeling and the occasional chuckle in between.

You won't be seeing a game over screen nor a tragic ending due to bad choices. Some drama may happen though and you will still root for certain characters and your desired outcome for them. Some endings may be considered better than others, but no tragedy of world ending proportions will be happening during your playthrough. It's also somewhat of a slowburn with steady progress towards more daring, sexy and kinky situations. So people won't start screwing each other right off the bat as soon as they meet.

title_intro_screen small.png
Main Characters and Story Synopsis:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Screenshots:

screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png
adda (3).png adda (6).png
adda (4).png adda (2).png
screenshot0010.png Summer_Lilly_Hug_Screen.jpg
About me, myself and I:
I've been playing around with Ren'Py and DAZ Studio for about half a year and now find myself in a comfortable enough position to start and create a serious but managable side project. This won't be a gamechanger by any means, just another rather simple AVN project with heart and soul. I'm creating this project mostly to challenge myself and increase my skills in writing, coding and 3D stuff. Constructive criticism as well as help to tackle the criticism is more than welcome. I'm having the most fun creating characters in DAZ and designing the UI in Ren'Py. If there is any interest in collaboration on a hobby basis, hit me up.

Thanks for coming to my TED-Talk!

Last edited:

FlipDaShit

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2022
I just finished redesigning basically the whole game. I'm pretty happy with how it looks now. I also added 4 stat counters for "Submissive", "Dominant", "Sexpositivity" and "Exhibitionism". This makes for some interesting choices and decisions and increases the replayability.

I'm currently working on a wardrobe system for special scenes. It's crazy how looking at all the possibilities in DAZ give me a thousand new ideas each time. And to figure out which one I really want to realize is quite a hassle. But way too much fun. Summer is certainly going to have the best summer of her life, wink wink.

Have a good one!

DiamondNinja

Jul 17, 2020
Love the description you gave, haven't tried the game yet buy I'm interested in seeing how you handle this in your game going forward. I'm surprised that an adult community that likes sex so much still treats the subject as "corruption". As the women who enjoy and want to have sex often are so sinful and the objective "good" choice is to have a puritan stance on nudity and sex. You people like this stuff, why are you treating it like it's a bad thing?

Amedore

Jul 6, 2018
No culture war here please! Nobody forces anyone to play my game. If you don't like it, there are 1000's of other choices.
Of course. That's why I asked. If there is some kind of woke agenda or just sympathy for that ideology in the game, I won't waste my time.

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
I'm surprised that an adult community that likes sex so much still treats the subject as "corruption". As the women who enjoy and want to have sex often are so sinful and the objective "good" choice is to have a puritan stance on nudity and sex. You people like this stuff, why are you treating it like it's a bad thing?
..man just say u don't understand the fetish...
...nobody treating it like a bad thing.....ppl just love the corruption tag and fetish.....
No culture war here please!
..too late....
kannafire-twinmomo29.gif

DiamondNinja

Jul 17, 2020
..man just say u don't understand the fetish...
...nobody treating it like a bad thing.....ppl just love the corruption tag and fetish.....
I'm not a man, don't call me that. If that justification satisfies you then so be it. I was just describing what I've seen.

DiamondNinja

Jul 17, 2020
Played through the available version and I have some thoughts and questions.

You talked about having different clothing and accessory options in the game. Can there be options to remove or change the choker or other neckwear that are on her in most of the automatic outfits?

In the photo shoot, can there be some kind of option to skip the last outfit or even not have the ballbag (I still think the outfit itself looks nice). I would prefer not seeing that sort of stuff.

FlipDaShit

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2022
Played through the available version and I have some thoughts and questions.

You talked about having different clothing and accessory options in the game. Can there be options to remove or change the choker or other neckwear that are on her in most of the automatic outfits?

In the photo shoot, can there be some kind of option to skip the last outfit or even not have the ballbag (I still think the outfit itself looks nice). I would prefer not seeing that sort of stuff.
First of all, thanks for your input. The problem with creating such an extensive wardrobe system you (and me) would like to see is that I'd have to render every single possible combination you can think of for each sprite and unique scene. It's just way too much work for one person unfortunetly. I am currently working on a system that can be compared to the one in the game "Red String" where you have limited options, around 4 different outfits maybe, to wear in an upcoming special scene for example. Even that alone is quite some endeavor.

And for the kinky part, that's part of Summer's journey I'm afraid. I prefer to concentrate on character paths. Adding a path that seperates vanilla from kink would also be too much work. Sorry.

Reactions: ghosthog

DiamondNinja

Jul 17, 2020
Lerd0
I'm not a dude, I'm not a bro, I'm not a guy, I'm not a man. I don't care how many other people have accepted this as normal. You can use other words to say what you mean. Don't call me that.

DiamondNinja

Jul 17, 2020
First of all, thanks for your input. The problem with creating such an extensive wardrobe system you (and me) would like to see is that I'd have to render every single possible combination you can think of for each sprite and unique scene. It's just way too much work for one person unfortunetly. I am currently working on a system that can be compared to the one in the game "Red String" where you have limited options, around 4 different outfits maybe, to wear in an upcoming special scene for example. Even that alone is quite some endeavor.

And for the kinky part, that's part of Summer's journey I'm afraid. I prefer to concentrate on character paths. Adding a path that seperates vanilla from kink would also be too much work. Sorry.
Understandable. Thank you for the detailed response.