VN Others Completed Succubus Tower Escape Chronicles [Yamada Workshop]

Tiiits

Sep 11, 2017
Hello, all. Sorry to bother everyone with a question that doesn't have to do with actual gameplay, art or plot...but does anyone else have an issue with the downloads? No matter where I download it from I get an error that "unknown format or damaged"...and when I try to repair I get "unexpected end of archive." If anyone could share any info they have about this, I'd appreciate it very much. Thanks! I've downloaded many, many files linked to from this fine site and have only experienced this with two games.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Hello, all. Sorry to bother everyone with a question that doesn't have to do with actual gameplay, art or plot...but does anyone else have an issue with the downloads? No matter where I download it from I get an error that "unknown format or damaged"...and when I try to repair I get "unexpected end of archive." If anyone could share any info they have about this, I'd appreciate it very much. Thanks! I've downloaded many, many files linked to from this fine site and have only experienced this with two games.
Did you try Winrar 5.5 or latest 7zip version?

Tiiits

Sep 11, 2017
Did you try Winrar 5.5 or latest 7zip version?
I had tried WinRAR(5.5 AND 5.6) originally and then WinZip 22--neither of those worked. However, I did just try 7-Zip 18.01 and it worked just fine. Thanks a lot!

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
downloaded the game, can't open it, do i need to download something else or change some setting? please help (and yes i know beforehand i'm a noob at changing settings, if you'll kindly tell me what i need to do i'll google how to do it, thanks in advance)

Reactions: bigeat12

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Yeah i tried that, with locale emulator too.
I don't see any French characters in the address, but make sure they're all standard English letters with no accented characters. Try moving the folder to the Downloads root or an external drive, and shorten the game folder name to "Record" or something. I've had issues with French characters in some files before. If that doesn't work try re-extracting it using a program set to Japanese. I use 7zip. You can go to Tools -> Options -> Language and set it from there, then re-extract it.

OhÇaFaitBander

Sep 11, 2020
I don't see any French characters in the address, but make sure they're all standard English letters with no accented characters. Try moving the folder to the Downloads root or an external drive, and shorten the game folder name to "Record" or something. I've had issues with French characters in some files before. If that doesn't work try re-extracting it using a program set to Japanese. I use 7zip. You can go to Tools -> Options -> Language and set it from there, then re-extract it.
Thx i’ll try that. So you’re french too?!

OhÇaFaitBander

Sep 11, 2020
I just tried and it doesnt work :/

OhÇaFaitBander

Sep 11, 2020
You used ? I just did it with 7zip and , then ran it using Emulator. Both methods worked for me.
I extracted the file from WinRar by using 7-zip set in Japanese, then tried locale emulator on it but it didn’t work.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
I extracted the file from WinRar by using 7-zip set in Japanese, then tried locale emulator on it but it didn’t work.
Try switching your system locale to English (US) and running it with the Locale Emulator again. Wondering if there's a compatibility issue with the emulator and non-English localizations...